apprentice_logo_RBG.jpg

Candidate

pic_adam.jpg

hdr_adam.jpg

Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia

Current Application Status:

[ X ] Active ~ [ X ] Hired ~ [ X ] Fired

Bio

Adam, 22, graduated at the age of 20 in the top of his class from Georgia State University with a B.B.A. majoring in risk management and insurance. He began his career at the early age of 19 at Marsh & McLennan Companies, a fortune 200 Company, in their investment banking division.

By age 20, Adam was managing a book of business, at Marsh USA Inc., exceeding three million for blue chip companies providing them with tailored risk management solutions. He recently moved to New York City where he is currently working for one of the Big 4 Accounting/Advisory Firms where he advises the head of fortune 500 Companies on risk management strategies.

As a first generation American, Adam derives his inspiration and entrepreneurial spirit from his parents successful business that they started from nothing and grew to a multimillion-dollar enterprise. Additionally, growing up, Adam worked in the family tool and dye machine shop business and managed the family's multimillion-dollar real estate business located in the heart of metro Atlanta. Adam's summers were spent in Israel, his family's origin, which had a tremendous influence on his values.

Up Close

What is your favorite music?

Frank Sinatra, Green Day, Bon Jovi

What are your favorite books?

"Night" by Elie Wiesel, "The No Spin Zone"

What are your favorite TV shows?

"The Andy Griffith Show," "Columbo," "The O'Reilly Factor" and, "Hannity & Colmes"

What are your favorite movies?

"The Graduate," "The Pianist" and "My Cousin Vinny"

Interview

When will you consider yourself "a success"?

Every time I accomplish a milestone in life I consider myself successful, but how can anyone who's constantly striving for more ever consider him or herself a success?

How would you describe your leadership style?

My leadership style is summed up best by the words of our late President Ronald Reagan: "Trust, but verify."

How do you deal with personal and professional challenges?

Logic and reason always prevail. I look at the facts and do a detailed analysis and then, and only then, do I make a decision. In addition, I strive for answers and advice from those that care about me the most: my father, mother, and brother.

What, in your opinion, is the most important quality to have in order to succeed in life and why?

Integrity coupled with passion; without this essential quality the rest is hogwash.

What's more important: college education or real-world experience?

No matter what you achieve in life, you are always judged by your education. For example, look at the last presidential election. A sitting senator ran against a sitting president and not only did voters compare their degrees, but they were still harping on their SAT scores. Face it - education matters.

Have any previous Apprentice winners motivated or inspired you? If so, who and why?

If not, what did you think of the winners?

Bill Rancic. There were no surprises, just consistent performance. He has all the qualities I expect of a leader, but his ability to maintain integrity under fire distinguished him from his competition and secured him as the ultimate 'Apprentice.'

What have you learned from watching previous seasons of "The Apprentice"?

Stand with your convictions, defend your values, and fight for the win!

Would you rather be stranded on a desert island with Donald, George or Carolyn, and why?

Before I make my choice, I'd have to set up a reality TV competition between Donald, George, and Carolyn to see who wins the right to be stranded on a desert island with me.

• 2 months later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Adam Stinks Up Apprentice Task

by Matt Webb Mitovich

Twenty-two-year-old Adam Israelov fell just short of The Apprentice's Final Four when his performance as project manager on last week's Shania Twain fragrance task left him smelling not like a rose but like someone who's been fired. Was Donald Trump's decision all a bunch of carriage-horse poop? TVGuide.com chatted with Adam about that, his turn as a Jedi knight and, yes, s-e-x.

TVGuide.com: Of course no one likes to be fired, but you really seemed to be shocked when Trump Cobra'd you.

Adam Israelov: I loved that facial expression, by the way. [Laughs] I have to be quite honest, I was not expecting to be fired as I felt that I added a great deal of value on this task. I was probably one of the strongest players on this task, and Alla said Felisha was the weaker player, but overall Felisha's performance has been stronger, so at the very end it took a different turn in the boardroom. I truly thought it was going to be a fight between the two girls.

TVGuide.com: As someone who once worked across the street from Central Park, I don't associate carriage horses with perfume.

Adam: Right. Well the reason I came up with that idea is, being on this show, you want to think big and you want to think of something different. Wrapping people [in an advertisement]? I see that in New York all the time and yeah, it's somewhat effective, so we threw some people out there. But this was a country music star, and what's associated with country music? I thought [horse-drawn] carriages. Alla, to this day, says it was a great idea. What you didn't see was one of our carriages got hit by a car or a bus

• 2 weeks later...
this kid was so freaking annoying

He was a typical 20 year old, and clearly out of his league. Did you read his little interview, where he said he does a detailed analysis and then makes his decision. That's called 'analysis paralysis.' He's a typical Risk Manager that could not be a true leader - because a true leader sometimes has to make decisions on the fly with little information.

Like I said, simply outmatched...

I really liked Adam. I don't think he could have walked into Trump's organization and lead a team because he's a little green but, I do think he would be great as a true "Apprentice" and could do well if Trump would take him under his wing.

Guest ranster627

I think Adam would make an enthusiastic employee ... but he needs to get experience. I just couldn't help thinking that he was a typical 20 year old that wanted to avoid climbing the ladder and working, thinking they can just START at the top ....