Aaryn - Week 1

CeCiMom

No I agree - Aaryn is over the top. I am not defending her. I live in Brooklyn - Aaryn is nothing compared to the filth that lives here.

Deregatory remarks, slang, homophobic insults, I hear this stuff EVERY DAY. I am not saying it is right, but I have grown used to it. I have not become desensitized, just used to it. Pop culture is especially over the top. I will not list artists names here, but just about every rap song glorifies violence, drugs, abusive behavior towards women. Society reaps what it sows. As long as we as a collective continue to reinforce negativity by rewarding negative behavior it will never change. We can point a finger at Aaryn or Spencer and say "that's the bad guy" but tomorrow just brings another.

It is a never ending cycle which must be corrected at a young age through education, and it will just never happen. For every kid you raise right there are twenty that are damaged goods. The cycle of shit just never ends. I am sorry to ramble on. This is an epidemic for which there really is no cure.

CBS can only do so much as far as pre-interviews are concerned. They can't know what a HG will be like until they move in, and then it's too late.

All we can do is change the channel, but then we'd miss the show!

I agree and would also add that the filth some people are spewing is being recorded and viewed by millions of people. They will never be able to live these things down and that is a pretty fitting punishment. I live in freaking wholesome Utah (not Mormon though) and am not accustomed to the crude, nasty stuff they say in the BB house. It always takes a week or so for me to desensitize to it and remember that this is the norm in a lot of places. It makes me wonder how nasty these people get when they aren't playing a game where you vote each other out of half a million.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Great point. Their shame will live on in infamy long after they leave the house. They are an example for future HG's (even though some HG's don't watch the show, maybe thats why CBS likes the ones who don't watch, they don't know how to behave).

They will forever be branded the most insensitive bunch of shitheads on prime time TV, not to mention the rest of the world is watching also via the internet.

I can't wait until some unsuspecting HG's are evicted and confronted by "America". They WILL feel the wrath and shame. Their lives might be ruined professionally by the exposure, hell they might want to kill themselves (I am not wishing that on them!).

Only time will tell.

CBS is fully aware what these people are like. Sadly this type of bigotry and racism is being perpetuated by the young people they are casting. I know times have changed. When I was a youth we would NEVER have used a curse word in front of an adult and now the F bomb is acceptable everyday language? This cast is so self entitled it makes me ill. I bought the feeds - have every year almost - but I cannot bring myself to watch them now. Last night I searched for a way to cancel and perhaps get a refund but CBS makes that impossible to find a link for that!

Really makes me sad for the state of our world in general. :(

The worst part about these people is that they have fans.

But I am often baffled by things that people say and believe in this day and age.

And btw - I live in VA, where they still think that they won the Civil War.... and no one I know would dare speak this way around me. Because I wouldn't put up with it.

There's a petition to CBS to expel Aaryn.

While I can't stand her, if she goes, they need to take out all the other ones too.

Look - I get all the snarky trash talking. I like snarky. I am snarky.

But there is line that you just do not cross. And racist comments cross that line.

OK I just want to say something that many might not agree with. I am the Aunt to 4 nephews age 19 to 32. The kids in that generation talk that way a lot. Their friends are of color and they talk back and forth like that and are close friends. I am not saying it is right because it is not. My daughter is gay and she is never offended and has a really good sense of humor. She would just roll her eyes and laugh. My nephews cousins are black and they talk that way with each other. The laugh about it. I have to say I do agree some of the stuff I have heard is over the top and very wrong.

I think in this generation I see very little real racism. I think a person can talk in a way where you and I might think it is racist but in their hearts the are not racists. They listen to the rap music with all that language and they repeat it.

I am just saying.... I hope we don't make this whole season dissecting every word that everyone says. You should not be embarrassed to say you like a houseguest that some might think is a bigot or racist. Lets just enjoy this season with the bunch of dimwitted trash talking bunch. It is what it is. :lookaround:

Marty I totally hear what you are saying but making fun of Helen's asian eye's BEHIND her back is not friendship (ginamarie). Telling her to shut up and go make rice behind her back is snot right. (aaryn) I do not believe calling a woman the "C" word is every day language. (spencer) Saying someone is so ugly they just want to Sh*t on their face because they hate them (Jeremy about Elissa) is NOT just a joke. The tone in which this is done on this season is vile and vicious. I realize kids cuss a lot more and using the F word is acceptable. I understand saggin britches is the style and while I think they look stupid I can accept it. It's the racist bigotry I don't care for. It is the TONE used that distinguishes the comments from acceptable wit to unacceptable racism

Making fun of fat people - calling some of the girls ugly or calling them sluts is not nice. Saying this person or that person is stupid or uneducated is not nice. Talking about stupid hillbillies is not nice. Saying GM has a butterface is not nice.

They seem to have a lot of mean bad mouthing people this season. Many of these people are not nice an not going to be loyal.

Again I think they talk that way out if ignorance and I doubt if they are racist. I think many of us older people know what REAL racism is and it is ugly and wrong.

You can't make racist remarks on television and you need to be careful making racist remarks in public or private because you might get called on it, you might be fired for it, you might lose friends over it, you might lose your fortune-making ability over it, you might be ostracized over it and frankly; you shouldn't even THINK racist remarks and have the problem in the first place.

Clearly, the people making the remarks on BB15 are ignorant. I have no answer for the situation other than to watch the tapes, meet with the offending parties, try to explain the situation to them and hope that salves the wound.

Again, it isn't just Aaryn. From what I understand it is collective guilt and that should be noted.

Intelligent people don't use the "F" word 6 times in a simple sentence. I don't care who you are but if you do, you won't be spending time with me. I find it offensive.

I like where you guys are coming from, all of you hit on good points. Glad that we can have a "grown up" discussion about the whole situation.

I think a petition to expel Aaryn is the equivalent of the gestapo knocking on your door. As an audience I think that is going to far. What about Aaryn's first amendment rights? Doesn't she have a right to free speech? Again I am not defending her, but she IS entitled to her bigoted opinion.

If CBS removes Aaryn from the house it would be just as wrong. Let the HG's call her out and remove her from the house. That would define some actual character around here.

CBS is not going to remove her from the show. They might help get her evicted but they just wouldn't take her out.

And I'm sorry but I don't care how old someone is, racist comments are completely disgusting and have a lot to do with upbringing. I've heard it from people of all ages. I have thrown family members out of my house for saying less than these people have said. There is just no place for it in 2013. And if we chose to continue to say "it's no big deal" and "they're just young" sure isn't going to fix the problem.

And as far as her First Amendment rights, sure she has the right to say racist things. But I also think that CBS is not looking to lose viewers. There's a whole lotta other stuff to watch. Watching a show that condones racism is not something on my list of things to do. So I think CBS is figuring out how to nix this crap.

You can tell who is there to "further" their careers and who is there to play the game. Good luck with that.

I agree with a lot of what kissesinVA wrote but I also think CBS needs to show this or address it in some way on the show. Keeping in here online keeps it from the "TV only" viewer who would only know the edited version of these people. I have seen BB UK show DRs of people being warned about saying racist things and told that it is not tolerated.

CBS is not going to remove her from the show. They might help get her evicted but they just wouldn't take her out.

And I'm sorry but I don't care how old someone is, racist comments are completely disgusting and have a lot to do with upbringing. I've heard it from people of all ages. I have thrown family members out of my house for saying less than these people have said. There is just no place for it in 2013. And if we chose to continue to say "it's no big deal" and "they're just young" sure isn't going to fix the problem.

And as far as her First Amendment rights, sure she has the right to say racist things. But I also think that CBS is not looking to lose viewers. There's a whole lotta other stuff to watch. Watching a show that condones racism is not something on my list of things to do. So I think CBS is figuring out how to nix this crap.

You can tell who is there to "further" their careers and who is there to play the game. Good luck with that.

Exactly and well said! It's 2013 and they should know better!

Reading the things that she and Ginamarie have said makes me feel nauseated. I don't really have a problem with swearing (I think we Canadians swear more than Americans overall) but I have no interest in tolerating someone spewing hate speech.

She is vile and gross, but she does have the right to her opinions and the right to say whatever she wants. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand her or people like her, but I would be more mad at CBS for taking her off the show just based on what she says.

I don't think they are going to take her off! Just probably talk to her in the diary room! I think they did because of the heart-to-heart talk she had with David kind of implied it! "I'm mean but have a good heart" I judge myself more cruelly etc

I am reading about her conversation with David last night in the BY and I can't help but laugh at some of the things she is saying to him. I am really getting the feeling that CBS has talked to her and that she is trying to show the world another side of her.

11:45PM BBT: Aaryn feels like David is judging her based upon her looks which isn't fair. She cares about him as a person but it's hard to care about him in other ways then she is going to have to learn more about him in a deeper sense. David is sorry that he tried to push the relationship faster. David says he can tell the way she looks at him when she thinks he's being awkward.

I am not really sure what is happening here, is it because he was pushing her to have sex?

Her mother does not support her decisions. She has a thing for Jeremy, but out of respect for Kaitlin she will not pursue it, and David is weak compared to Jeremy, so she doesn't want to be involved with David.....also because David has no aspirations beyond being a lifeguard....this woman is completely mental. I think CBS lectured her and she is angry at herself and taking it out on David.

It is SO funny that she is the one giving him this lecture/advice and the entire planet thinks that she is a troll. Man is she in for a big surprise when she gets out of there. She keeps making it sound like she's doing him some sort of favor by telling him these things.

EDIT: Then she goes over to GM and said she feels bad about the things she said to him. He doesn't have goals in life. She doesn't want to be in the same bed as him.

Shouldn't she have thought about these things BEFORE she got involved with him? So she hooked up with him the first week but is now over it. Once again I see how shallow she is inside. It's almost as if she is projecting her own bad feelings onto him.

I think that Aaryn is frustrated that she didn't secure Jeremy as her BB15 partner. No matter. If David goes she might set her sights on ridding the house of Kaitlin, leaving her an easy route to Jeremy. Better yet, she might just try to take him from Kaitlin, affording viewers some real BB15 drama. She won't be happy with Jeremy, either, but that's another story.

Last night it was clear she was regretting "hooking up" with him and not taking it slower. She will try to be a trophy wife to someone in the industry, since I don't think she will make it as an actor. She can't stand the fact that he's 25 and doesn't yet have any goals or aspirations in life and just takes it one day at a time. She was so breaking it off with him, but wanted to be sly about it, she just wanted to "dump" his sorry butt, because she's to pretty and goal minded to hook up with someone that is a loser in her mind. Guess we will see if she can act when she doesn't tell anyone or just a few, that she voted his butt out and then tells him she's going to miss him. I want to say so much more, I really just don't like this girl.

Thanks luvmanatees for clarifying. So basically she decided he wasn't good enough for her, because she is soooo wonderful and has sooo much going on (and because she has a crush on Jeremy). She might be one of the most shallow HG's ever. Now she can vote him out guilt free if she decides. Yikes what a train wreck.

Aaryn's bb time has already shot any aspirations of a tv career right out the window. We'll never hear from the snob again after Sept.

I think Aaryn's totally smitten with Jeremy since he so willingly defended her southern honor the other night. That's why David's history now. She knew how David was from the start but she just wanted a seemingly physical player to hide behind. She now realizes that she picked the wrong one. My opinion...she'll be out the door behind him next week.