MVP (Most Valuable Player) - Week 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6Borders

Well it looks like America is not voting for the best "player" Unless I missed something Rachel's sister has not been playing the best game

America is not voting for her at all..Rachel and Grodner are voting for Elissa and it has nothing to do with the "best game" it has to do with who Grodner likes best.

This might be an interesting twist if it were fair but as it stands it's just more Grodner BS that she can make up and change as she goes along.

Well it looks like America is not voting for the best "player" Unless I missed something Rachel's sister has not been playing the best game

Normally I'm one of the first people to call BS with production's interference but come on, did we expect anyone BUT Elissa to get this first MVP? The majority of the audience doesn't watch the feeds so all they're basing it off of is the first episode. And also she has automatic votes from the Brenchel Army whereas everyone else has to build their fanbase from scratch.

Am I missing something??? I understand that we know that Grodner loves Rachel and her sister but the MVP really is only a nomination. Unless I missed something and unless they add something to this power then that's all it is and the MVP could be evicted because they are not immune from eviction. So from the sounds of it whomever wins the POV will take off one of the nominees and Mccrae will replace them with Elissa and she would be voted out. I am sure she got alot of votes Rachel has been on twitter asking for votes for her sister. This first one could not have been based on game play because it just started so it would be based on first impressions.

Guest 6Borders

Am I missing something??? I understand that we know that Grodner loves Rachel and her sister but the MVP really is only a nomination. Unless I missed something and unless they add something to this power then that's all it is and the MVP could be evicted because they are not immune from eviction. So from the sounds of it whomever wins the POV will take off one of the nominees and Mccrae will replace them with Elissa and she would be voted out. I am sure she got alot of votes Rachel has been on twitter asking for votes for her sister. This first one could not have been based on game play because it just started so it would be based on first impressions.

Janis, it's definitely NOT you. What is missing here is the rules and regs of the MVP. McCrae even told Elissa to go into the DR and ask production the specifics. I'm surprised we didn't get a "you are not allowed to talk about production" over that one.

BB should be required to spell out the rules, terms and conditions of the twists for the fans. The reason they don't is so Grodner can use it however she wants depending on the situation (like the game reset when Frank was on the block and sure to be voted out last year)!

Janis, it's definitely NOT you. What is missing here is the rules and regs of the MVP. McCrae even told Elissa to go into the DR and ask production the specifics. I'm surprised we didn't get a "you are not allowed to talk about production" over that one.

BB should be required to spell out the rules, terms and conditions of the twists for the fans. The reason they don't is so Grodner can use it however she wants depending on the situation (like the game reset when Frank was on the block and sure to be voted out last year)!

Well this should be interesting because of the way Julie explained it they do not have to tell anyone that they received the MVP and the nomination would be named in the diary room. So the paranoia should be running rapid in the house. They all assume that Elissa received it but they don't know 100 percent and if she did I thought the nomination had to be made right away. But I guess I was wrong. I was thinking that this would be kinda interesting and could make for some good drama but if they are going to tweek the nominations etc that would suck.

Guest 6Borders

Do we know who got it yet? Who is playing in POV?

Elissa is MVP. She nominated David as the 3rd person! He confronted her and she denied it (and she's the one crying about not wanting to play a game where everyone lies).

I hear McCrae is an alliance with everyone. He's trying to be like Dan. Of course Dan knew how to play the game chess both mentally as well as socially. Dan was also very well liked and trusted by the others. We'll see if McCrae has the kudos to pull that, too.

Jedi, I see you're point. Yes, you are right. It is a strategy that they use so that the strong players don't come after them later. Of course I say get them out while you can. They can always be backdoored at the last minute, too if you start campaigning against them under the radar.

Normally I'm one of the first people to call BS with production's interference but come on, did we expect anyone BUT Elissa to get this first MVP? The majority of the audience doesn't watch the feeds so all they're basing it off of is the first episode. And also she has automatic votes from the Brenchel Army whereas everyone else has to build their fanbase from scratch.

Yikes! I forgot all about the Brenchel army! I didn't realize what an advantage that gave Elissa!

Not everybody is suited to a reality show, Elissa being one of those people; in my opinion. The situation is not a good one and I hope that she goes home for all our sakes, most important; hers. The crime lay not so much in MVP but bringing her on there in the first place. She looks so much like Rachel, albeit prettier, and her mannerisms are almost mirror images of rachel's except that rachel would be going toe to toe with tht b**** Amanda and crying like a river. It was a stupid move on everybody's part, including Alissa for ever coming on the show.

After 14 years it's pretty hard not to be cynical and suspicious, especially since Grodner had never failed to disappoint in the "just so happens this week (when one of her kids is in danger) we have a Bionic Veto, a revolving door, a magic room complete with saving ones self potion (that one of her kids just happens to find the key, coin or clue to under the DR seat), a game reset or a comp an idiot could win with two hands tied behind their POV"

So true. In the season of the Golden Boy(Jeff and Jordan)if it were allowed that you could voted MVP on consecutive weeks, this woulda pretty much handed him the keys to the game. It's a way of finding out who the audience favorites are.

Not everybody is suited to a reality show, Elissa being one of those people; in my opinion. The situation is not a good one and I hope that she goes home for all our sakes, most important; hers. The crime lay not so much in MVP but bringing her on there in the first place. She looks so much like Rachel, albeit prettier, and her mannerisms are almost mirror images of rachel's except that rachel would be going toe to toe with tht b**** Amanda and crying like a river. It was a stupid move on everybody's part, including Alissa for ever coming on the show.

I agree. I think Elissa will be unjustly crucified and she won't be handling it well. I feel kinda bad for her. Rachel and Grodner have likely built her up with false delusions of grandeur just because she's Rachel's sister. The Rachel haters were much more outspoken and unmerciful than the Rachel lovers. Elissa will feel the wrath of the Rachel haters, imo.

So true. In the season of the Golden Boy(Jeff and Jordan)if it were allowed that you could voted MVP on consecutive weeks, this woulda pretty much handed him the keys to the game. It's a way of finding out who the audience favorites are.

True, but I'm likely going to vote for Elissa now just because I feel bad for her. (not that votes matter anyway.)

Guest 6Borders

It was wrong of Grodner to have an MVP already without announcing it and "America's vote" which we all know is just a fancy way of saying "Grodner's vote."

I agree! It was definitely wrong to have the MVP vote before we even got to know the HG's.

I think it would have been kind of neat if the first week there was no HOH and they had a luxury comp or something and tell the HG's to get ready for the big twist next week. It would have thrown them off balance and given them a lot of anticipation (which also makes for good TV).

After the viewers had a week to watch the HG's, have the first MVP vote (which would still be Grodner's Vote but at least a little more fun if we had to have MVP at all.

The problem now with the Elissa hot mess is that instead of actually voting for the person who is playing the best game, or even just your favorite player (because it's really hard to vote for someone you don't like even tho they are playing a great game) Elissa is getting sympathy votes (which is even more pitiful for her than her sister out recruiting votes).

Personally, after not even watching the HG's for a full two days I can't really say anyone is playing a better game than anyone else. I would probably tend to select Helen simply because she is testing the waters of an alliance without jumping in and making a bad one, and she seems to be wicked smart.

I did not see when Elissa admitted to being Rachel's sister but I did see her interview when she said she wanted to keep it a secret but if confronted with it she would admit she was Rachel's sister. Whether or not you like her or you don't I think that by putting her in a no win situation she was not going to be scoring any points with any of the houseguests. If she lied and said no I am not Rachel's sister then they would be saying she's lying. If she came in and said my name is Elissa and I am Rachel's sister they would still want her out. I can understand the new houseguests not wanting returning players in the game but Elissa did not play the game before so she too is a new houseguest. She may have inside information but she ultimately has to play her game. I did not see the confrontations she had with Aaryn or anyone else. I think by getting her out this week this is a waste of a HOH. When you have a chance to get out a stronger player you should get them out. She doesn't have anybody that wants to allign with her you could use her for a vote. She is basically all by herself in the house. I still think there are other players in the house with past house guests connections.

Guest 6Borders

Elissa admitted to some ppl she is Rach's sis, admitted to some ppl she was MVP...doesn't matter...the bottom line is not only the HG's but America, has figured that Elissa is going to be MVP every single solitary week she is in the house so Grodner is scrambling to fix this (in DR prob, with Elissa and HG's alike).

This is Grodner telling the lemmings they better choose the right cliff to run off of and the entire house shifted in a Grodner-Moment!

Alison..I really thought you might do the semi-honest thing this season but you got me (and my $25) again!

I agree! It was definitely wrong to have the MVP vote before we even got to know the HG's.

I think it would have been kind of neat if the first week there was no HOH and they had a luxury comp or something and tell the HG's to get ready for the big twist next week. It would have thrown them off balance and given them a lot of anticipation (which also makes for good TV).

This is true. But Grodner doesn't think like this, does she?

After the viewers had a week to watch the HG's, have the first MVP vote (which would still be Grodner's Vote but at least a little more fun if we had to have MVP at all.

The problem now with the Elissa hot mess is that instead of actually voting for the person who is playing the best game, or even just your favorite player (because it's really hard to vote for someone you don't like even tho they are playing a great game) Elissa is getting sympathy votes (which is even more pitiful for her than her sister out recruiting votes).

Personally, after not even watching the HG's for a full two days I can't really say anyone is playing a better game than anyone else. I would probably tend to select Helen simply because she is testing the waters of an alliance without jumping in and making a bad one, and she seems to be wicked smart.

I agree 100%. I think Helen is the smartest player in the house, and that time will show when she is one of the last in the house masterminding the whole plot as it unfolds. Maybe even if Grodner doesn't approve or appreciate her. Let's hope.

Elissa admitted to some ppl she is Rach's sis, admitted to some ppl she was MVP...doesn't matter...the bottom line is not only the HG's but America, has figured that Elissa is going to be MVP every single solitary week she is in the house so Grodner is scrambling to fix this (in DR prob, with Elissa and HG's alike).

This is Grodner telling the lemmings they better choose the right cliff to run off of and the entire house shifted in a Grodner-Moment!

Alison..I really thought you might do the semi-honest thing this season but you got me (and my $25) again!

Not that Grodner is a saint but it is possible that she is not tainting the votes. You know Rachel has a twitter army out there. Maybe they will have a rule that you can't be MVP 2 weeks in a row. We don't know that yet.

Not that Grodner is a saint but it is possible that she is not tainting the votes. You know Rachel has a twitter army out there. Maybe they will have a rule that you can't be MVP 2 weeks in a row. We don't know that yet.

I think it's a distinct possibility that she really won. Rachel was pushing for votes from the second the voting went live. She does have an army of fans, for some reason. lol. Plus, the people who don't watch the feeds would probably have voted for the "familiar face." I wondered too if they would announce that you couldn't be mvp twice in a row. I figure Grodner is winging that one right now, to see if the target is off or on Elissa within the next few days.

Grodner likely loves all this. It has certainly garnered a lot of attention/comment. That is what it is all about so in that aspect Grodner is doing her job. Her way, admittedly, but she has the job; I don't, so i suspect she can do it however she pleases as long as the ratings support her tenure.

I am a bit surprised to find that Rachel has a lot of fans. I was not aware of that, for whatever reason. Interesting.

Guest 6Borders

Grodner likely loves all this. It has certainly garnered a lot of attention/comment. That is what it is all about so in that aspect Grodner is doing her job. Her way, admittedly, but she has the job; I don't, so i suspect she can do it however she pleases as long as the ratings support her tenure.

I am a bit surprised to find that Rachel has a lot of fans. I was not aware of that, for whatever reason. Interesting.

I'm surprised and shocked Vegas Trailer Trash like Rachel has fans but I am surprised and shocked a no-talent-idiot like Justin Bieber has fans so there ya go!!!

If Grodner were smart she would select a different MVP once in a while but I don't think that is going to happen. In a selected week or two Julie will come out with "it was an incredibly close vote by "America" but....Elissa is MVP" but that's the best you are going to get unless Grodner starts to feel the heat (also unlikely).

I've said before... any kind of viewer voting should be kept to Have Not's food choice for the week, what type of luxury

the house should receive (grill or horseshoes type stuff), etc. ---- and leave the actual game alone for the HGs to play.

There's no way to control voting OR manipulating the vote count.