MVP (Most Valuable Player) - Week 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bb is making it up as they go along

wait and see attitude by them :animated_bouncy:

Same questions I have! Is the MVP safe each week? Can the same person be voted MVP back to back? It seems that this 'MVP' (which is just code for America's favorite/producers' pet) is just a way to save the faves.

And Julie said the MVP would find out who they are right before the veto comp. But when is the 3rd nominee picked? Does that person get a chance at veto?

It's quite BS that they didn't explain this more. But that's BB - the less they say, the more they can change it later to meet their needs and wants.

And did anyone notice that Julie said they would be in the house for 90 days? So much for 100 that was promoted the whole time...

"And Julie said the MVP would find out who they are right before the veto comp. But when is the 3rd nominee picked? Does that person get a chance at veto?"

Julie said the 3rd nominee will be announced right before veto, not the MVP. She implied that all 3 nominees will compete for veto.

"And Julie said the MVP would find out who they are right before the veto comp. But when is the 3rd nominee picked? Does that person get a chance at veto?"

Julie said the 3rd nominee will be announced right before veto, not the MVP. She implied that all 3 nominees will compete for veto.

You are right. Thanks for clarifying.

Ahh, missed that part - thanks!

Guest 6Borders

You are very cynical and suspicious, and I think you might be right.

After 14 years it's pretty hard not to be cynical and suspicious, especially since Grodner had never failed to disappoint in the "just so happens this week (when one of her kids is in danger) we have a Bionic Veto, a revolving door, a magic room complete with saving ones self potion (that one of her kids just happens to find the key, coin or clue to under the DR seat), a game reset or a comp an idiot could win with two hands tied behind their POV"

bb is making it up as they go along

wait and see attitude by them :animated_bouncy:

Absolutely agree!

After 14 years it's pretty hard not to be cynical and suspicious, especially since Grodner had never failed to disappoint in the "just so happens this week (when one of her kids is in danger) we have a Bionic Veto, a revolving door, a magic room complete with saving ones self potion (that one of her kids just happens to find the key, coin or clue to under the DR seat), a game reset or a comp an idiot could win with two hands tied behind their POV"

That made me laugh out loud. But it is so, so true!

Guest 6Borders

So the MVP will be told who they are in DR and be able to cast their vote in DR and never reveal themselves...interesting!

Yeah, this is an interesting twist. I'm really thinking that if the MVP is on the block, they will prob remain on the block. All 3 will get to play for Veto and you better just hope you put someone up who is a bigger target than you are. The big question is, does America get to vote after they know who is on the block for the week and will their vote be influenced by the nominees... or will the vote be a week behind.

Guest 6Borders

Well, the most of the HG's have figured out what most of us already know...that Elissa is a given to be given MVP and be safe! I doubt the girls dislike her because she's "pretty"

I was just listening to the feeds and she is upstairs with HOH and he is planning on putting her up as a replacememt nominee so she will more than likely go home so even if she is the MVP she is not safe from eviction. I hope these people get smart and figure out that Elissa, Jesse, and Candice are not threats at this point in the game and they should get rid of a true threat but alas I see that the HOH truly is not that smart. He is letting the "mean" girls and their showmance conterparts tell him what to do oh well same mentality different season.................

I was just listening to the feeds and she is upstairs with HOH and he is planning on putting her up as a replacememt nominee so she will more than likely go home so even if she is the MVP she is not safe from eviction. I hope these people get smart and figure out that Elissa, Jesse, and Candice are not threats at this point in the game and they should get rid of a true threat but alas I see that the HOH truly is not that smart. He is letting the "mean" girls and their showmance conterparts tell him what to do oh well same mentality different season.................

I swear. That's why you don't want to win HOH the first time. It's a stupid move. It puts a huge target on your back, and I've seen the first 2 or 3 HOH's do the same stupid things year after year like what you're saying. They don't get rid of the dangerous players when they get a chance. No... They want to get out who they feel are the "weakest links."

I swear. That's why you don't want to win HOH the first time. It's a stupid move. It puts a huge target on your back, and I've seen the first 2 or 3 HOH's do the same stupid things year after year like what you're saying. They don't get rid of the dangerous players when they get a chance. No... They want to get out who they feel are the "weakest links."

And he won't even be the person that put up the strong player because no one has to know who did it. They all think she got it but they can't prove it. I just want to shake these people sometimes. What sucks is that she is not guaranteed to play in the veto comp.Just one time I would like them to actually think but they don't do you know who he is supposed to be in an alliance with?

Winning the first HoH usually isn't a good move because it puts a huge target on your back. Agreed.

But if you're like McRae, you already have a huge target on your back for being different and not fitting in. So what have you got to lose?

And as for doing the same stupid thing year after year by not putting up the dangerous players, instead putting up those who seem liike "weak links", that is done to show that you, the HoH, are not a threat. Kind of a "I didn't put you up when I had a chance, so now that you're HoH, return the favour and don't put me up!" thing. It's a strategy. And it might be his only move, since whoever survives the block usually comes after that first HoH, so if you can't put someone up that you KNOW everyone can't stand, maybe it's better to have two weak players up there, so whoever isn't voted out is someone who doesn't have that good of a chance at winning HoH anytime soon.

Winning the first HoH usually isn't a good move because it puts a huge target on your back. Agreed.

But if you're like McRae, you already have a huge target on your back for being different and not fitting in. So what have you got to lose?

And as for doing the same stupid thing year after year by not putting up the dangerous players, instead putting up those who seem liike "weak links", that is done to show that you, the HoH, are not a threat. Kind of a "I didn't put you up when I had a chance, so now that you're HoH, return the favour and don't put me up!" thing. It's a strategy. And it might be his only move, since whoever survives the block usually comes after that first HoH, so if you can't put someone up that you KNOW everyone can't stand, maybe it's better to have two weak players up there, so whoever isn't voted out is someone who doesn't have that good of a chance at winning HoH anytime soon.

I agree with you but in this case you have an MVP player who doesn't have to tell anyone and they get to make the nomination from the diary room. The house can think they know who the MVP player is but they cannot prove it. I thnk Elissa told McCrae because they seem to have talked about an alliance or something and she wants him to help her decide who she could put up that would keep her safe. I think he is blowing smoke up her rear but that's just my opinion. This would be a perfect chance to get out a strong player and for him to keep his hands clean because he did nominate 2 weaker players. The house wants Elissa out because she is Rachel's sister.

Guest 6Borders

I hope Elissa gets it, just so it throws a wrench in Amandas plan...

No worries there...Grodner handed it to her on a platinum platter do doubt!