Guest 6Borders

Guest 6Borders

Helen

helencastphoto.jpg

Name: Helen Kim
Hometown: Falls Church, Va.
Living: Chicago, Ill.
Marital Status: Married Mom
Three adjectives that describe you: Stubborn, loyal and energetic.
Favorite Activities: I love taking my kids to do anything: zoo, museums, swimming, soccer lessons, etc. Because I’m an only child and my parents are older than the parents of my friends, I always wanted to have a family so I would not feel alone. Activities without my kids include running, knitting and reading.
What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the “Big Brother” house? Being away from my family. While I love my husband dearly, I have never been away from my kids longer than one week.
Strategy for winning “Big Brother”: My strategy is to throw HOH in the beginning and have the strongest players vote each other out. However, I would try to win POV. It is always good to gain favors from people. As the strong players start to vote each other off, I would then do my best to win the HOHs.
Which past “Big Brother” cast member did you like most or least? I like Jeff the most because he is down to earth and always was the least annoying. I like drama queen Rachel the least. I had a hard time watching her whine week to week. She has serious issues.
What are you afraid of? I’m afraid of blood, which is why I could never have been a doctor. I’m also afraid of bugs.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Leaving my family and moving to Chicago was a huge accomplishment for me. I am from the East Coast and the Midwest is very different. I felt guilty leaving my parents since I was an only child. I remember the day I drove away, my father started crying (the first time I ever saw him cry). I left all my family, friends and job for my husband. It was scary, but I am so glad I did it. I am so happy.
Finish this sentence: My life’s motto is… You can live without it. It seems all good things and lost loves, you never really give them up, you just learn to live without it/them.
What would you take into the house and why? My ipad – it has pictures and videos of my kids, my kindle for reading and knitting yarn & needles.
What would you do if “Big Brother” made you famous? I would love to bring attention to infectious diseases like MRSA. There is not enough media coverage and public awareness about hospital infections, and we all should be educated and warned.

Guest 6Borders

MOtH (Mom Of the House)!

She's gonna yap about her hubby and kids all Summer long. She might do well if she bores the other hg's to death and they forget she is probably going to be one of the strongest players in the house!

She's probably the most intelligent person in the house and also seems humble, non-threatening and like a good negotiator. I think she'll do great if she can compensate for the age difference and can play down the fact that she's a mother and is a threat for sentimental jury votes.

seems to be a popular choice by the fans

i tend to be leery of the ones most fans likes preseason

they tend not to win eg. lydia,

seems quite educated

i think others will pick up on how smart she is eventually

once they do she is DUNZO

every move she makes will be calculated

she talks a lot

i am torn she talks a good game probably the most knowledgeable about the game of all the interviews i saw so far

but it is easy to talk a good game it is another to execute it

also i wont be surprised if she is a dud

politics// i would love to see her in an argument

:animated_bouncy:

bye bye

LOL.

I am surprised that this woman left her career, her children and her husband to go on Big Brother. Perhaps we will find out that she has terrific support from the mother/mother-in-law to make it possible. I can see her on TAR. Big Brother; no. I am very interested to see how she fares. I like her. What's not to like?

Guest 6Borders

Interesting on two levels in the interview: Jeff asked what she is going to do "when" she wins the money and told her she is going to "take home the prize".

She's probably going to be the only player in BB history to have a plan and stick to it! I will be rooting for her to F3.

I found this interesting. Did she mention this in her longer video?

"

Helen Kim, 37, a married mother of two from Lincoln Park, also landed on the show after attending an open casting call earlier this year at the Cubby Bear.

Kim’s sons are young: Charlie is 2, Henry is 4.

“It’s obviously going to be hard for me,” Kim said. “But I’d rather leave them when they’re this age and they don’t really know the difference between a month and a day.”

Kim, a political consultant originally from Virginia, said the timing worked out well because she was ready to take a break from her job.

“I guess I’m on that break now,” said Kim, who got hooked on “Big Brother” by a former co-worker at an oil and gas trade association. That co-worker died unexpectedly, in her sleep, a few weeks ago.

“I found out I was on the show after she passed away,” Kim said. “I would have loved to have been able to tell her. She was such a huge fan. I’m playing for her.”

I found this interesting. Did she mention this in her longer video?

"

Helen Kim, 37, a married mother of two from Lincoln Park, also landed on the show after attending an open casting call earlier this year at the Cubby Bear.

Kim’s sons are young: Charlie is 2, Henry is 4.

“It’s obviously going to be hard for me,” Kim said. “But I’d rather leave them when they’re this age and they don’t really know the difference between a month and a day.”

Kim, a political consultant originally from Virginia, said the timing worked out well because she was ready to take a break from her job.

“I guess I’m on that break now,” said Kim, who got hooked on “Big Brother” by a former co-worker at an oil and gas trade association. That co-worker died unexpectedly, in her sleep, a few weeks ago.

“I found out I was on the show after she passed away,” Kim said. “I would have loved to have been able to tell her. She was such a huge fan. I’m playing for her.”

Yes, she talked about these things. She said she'd worry about leaving her kids more if they were older/teens than the ages they are now. She also talked about her co-worker that died recently. Her co-worker was the one who first got her watching bb and they kept in touch every summer throughout the bb season. It was pretty sad.

She is a ball of energy and is a political consultant. Im sure someone else said this but knowing politics can only be an advantage in the BB house. I hope she gets past the first couple weeks, it would be interesting to see if her strategies will pay off... :pleased:

maybe she will be the next shelly

give off the motherly vibe but when in the house she is a stone cold liar and willing to deflect anything thrown her away :animated_bouncy:

Guest 6Borders

Shelly was way too over-the-top motherly (fawning over Jeff & Jordan like an idiot and stroking their already inflated egos). I don't see Helen doing that, I more see her talking about her hubby and kids A LOT. She said she's participated in every aspect of "political" from a campaign to _____ (fill in the blank because she didn't)....and that she plans to hide that part in the house (smart move in my personal opinion).

In the "every current HG is related to a past HG" theory I can't figure anyone she might be related to!

if she can cook she may survive awhile

the house cook usually tends to make jury

also better stay away from being seen as a leader of any type of alliance

those folks dont tend to last long :animated_bouncy:

Wonder if Helen and Elissa will align, both being moms of young children. I can see Candice in with them too. All girl alliances never work out but it would be cool if it did just one time.

I would love to see that happen, wildcat.

Guest 6Borders

Wonder if Helen and Elissa will align, both being moms of young children. I can see Candice in with them too. All girl alliances never work out but it would be cool if it did just one time.

I doubt it. Rachel was her least fav HG and Big Sis is just like Rachel (first impression from her video). Helen will probably be the first the see the resemblance and Big Sis will probably spill it anyway because I can't see a Reily keeping their mouth shut about anything.