BB15 New TWIST by Julie Chen

HoH8

This just made me that much more hungry for information! Does the MVP get to choose the third nomination? Does America choose the third nomination (YUCK!)? Isn't the MVP thing going to be more of a curse than a blessing (Guess who the HGs are going to target as soon as they get the chance)? I know if I was in the game the last thing I would want to be known as is the MVP. If they could keep who the MVP is a secret to the other players, now that might be more fair and interesting. Maybe the MVP even gets to make an anonymous 3rd nomination? Except that doesn't help with floaters. And you know that even if producers don't directly manipulate the MVP voting than they will at least edit the show to favor their favorite. I really don't see anything you can do about floaters other than destroying the integrity of the game with some silly public vote.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the MVP thing could be considered a curse. They ALL worry constantly about how they are being viewed by us - not that it affects the way they act much, i.e., Danielle M - so I also wonder if the MVP will be secret, etc....interesting. At least it is a new approach so I am thinking positive unless I see otherwise. I said that I was ready for a new approach so apparently I got it. Yikes.

This should make live feed even more interesting.

BB floating is such a personal opinion. I think if we like someone we tend to excuse them from much, including what some consider floating. I am guilty of that, I think.

Ok so this is just my opinion so we all know how much that counts. I think it will be an interesting dynamic with 3 players on the block. We will see how this works on Wednesday I guess but as far as an MVP goes not so sure I like that but it could be ok we will have to wait and see. I personally don't lump all "floaters" in the same category. For example some people think that Shelly was a floater. I personally think she was playing the best game of anyone in the house. Like I said this is my personal opinion. She had all her bases covered. I would be watching the live feeds at work and I truly from one minute to the next did not have a clue who's side she was on. I think she was sitting good until Adam ratted her out to Jeff. From there her game went downhill. Then you have Porshe who never did anything and made it to the end. She is who I would call a floater. Personally I think being a floater gets you a heck of alot further in the game than being a strong player, and for this reason I don't see that changing. I think if America votes for you to be MVP its like a big target on your back and you may be gone because of it. I guess we will see how it all unfolds next week. Don't we get to see the houseguests soon? Should'nt they be going in the house today?

I would guess that with nothing but pictures 75%+ of people vote who they think is hottest, 15% vote for the older motherly/fatherly-looking player and maybe 10% vote for the most unusual/extreme player with the crazy hair/piercings/tats/etc. If the hot ones are close enough to each other in hotness that their share of the votes are split a lot, then I could see someone unexpected winning. I still think there is just going to be one male and one female that clearly have the hottest pictures and they will get most of the votes but it is the hot guy that will win easily just because it seems more women vote for men than men for women, although don't have any empirical data to back that up.

Just from photos I would vote (for instance) for Reynold Toepfer (Survivor) for MVP because he is my type. After watching him, I would not have. I think it has to be from videos and some people come across so different from how they are. I dunno.

Just a little empirical data for 'ya. :lol2:

Well, looks to me like at least for the first few weeks there will be three nominees with one of them selected by the public. It will take more than this to cut out floaters though, so I expect more unexpected BS from the network that always lets us C BS.

This isn't correct. It states the contestants will pick the three nominees. The only thing the public is going to be doing at this point is selecting the MVP. I wouldn't be too keen on having us pick a HG for eviction. That would be a train wreck IMO. :)

We always get interview videos with each of the house guest so hopefully they will be released tomorrow as well. Selecting an MVP from a photograph and some facts in the bio wouldn't be right. I also want to see them, hear them and get a first impression. You know what they say...you only have one chance to make a first impression. B)

Interesting to see how this plays out. I know some of you have reservations but this is the first major change to the gameplay aspect of the show since the Veto was dropped to six players back in BB5 (so in ten seasons), so I'm interested enough to wonder how it will all work rather than whether it will work.

I wish every season that we could get to see the HGs when they actually first enter the house.

By the time we view it they've all interacted and lived with each other for days.

The Feeds during that time would be pretty telling.

( and put a check beside my name for Maks on the settee :mbabe:)

Guest 6Borders

It's pretty hard to get excited about another "big twist" because Grodner's big twists are usually big flops!

Seriously, how many times has Julie said something like "a summer like no other..." and it turns out to be stupid like no other!

I would bet "someone we know" is someone from another so-called Reality Show but probably not Survivor or TAR!!

I don't wish to be mean but I don't really want to see anyone connected to anyone from prior BB's. For instance, Rachel's sister. For all I know she might be the nicest person in the world but I don't care. I am pretty much done with people making a cottage industry of Big Brother. My favorite BB players are those people I wonder about and wish well because they were on the show and went on about their lives keeping a low profile. I really liked Jeff Schroeder but sometimes now I hear his voice and I cringe. DItto for Dick Donato although I never liked him even for a single second.

My favorite Big Brother remains Season One. It was fresh and new and so were we.

http://www.wfsb.com/video?clipId=9007489&autostart=true

Julie Chen confirmed a few more details- An MVP will be voted on every week of the summer. Also, the MVP will be able to keep it a secret if they choose and will probably want to because they have some dirty work to do. Also, one (not two) out of three of the nominees will be evicted each week.

Interesting.

http://www.wfsb.com/video?clipId=9007489&autostart=true

Julie Chen confirmed a few more details- An MVP will be voted on every week of the summer. Also, the MVP will be able to keep it a secret if they choose and will probably want to because they have some dirty work to do. Also, one (not two) out of three of the nominees will be evicted each week.

I am good with 3 nominees. MVP sounds more and more like America's Player in a different dress. I'm not so thrilled with that, see no need for it. What if MVP get MVP week after week after week? I dunno about all this. I will reserve judgement on BB15 until they lay it out and I see the people. Thanks for the update.

Interesting.

I am good with 3 nominees. MVP sounds more and more like America's Player in a different dress. I'm not so thrilled with that, see no need for it. What if MVP get MVP week after week after week? I dunno about all this. I will reserve judgement on BB15 until they lay it out and I see the people. Thanks for the update.

Maybe they won't be able to get MVP twice in a row, just like HOH? I still want to hear the details before I pass judgement on the twist. If the MVP is not revealed to the house then it can't simply be immunity because the HOH will be free to nominate them. If the MVP doesn't really have any protection from nomination then what's the benefit? Even if they get to choose the 3rd nominee, the house probably has a sense of who would appeal to the public and could still vote them out. I hope it isn't something ridiculously powerful like they are allowed to remove themselves and choose their replacement on eviction night or some silly nonsense like that.

I don't wish to be mean but I don't really want to see anyone connected to anyone from prior BB's. For instance, Rachel's sister. For all I know she might be the nicest person in the world but I don't care. I am pretty much done with people making a cottage industry of Big Brother. My favorite BB players are those people I wonder about and wish well because they were on the show and went on about their lives keeping a low profile. I really liked Jeff Schroeder but sometimes now I hear his voice and I cringe. DItto for Dick Donato although I never liked him even for a single second.

My favorite Big Brother remains Season One. It was fresh and new and so were we.

i am not a fan of hg's being on who knows anyone who has been on bb prior either

the last few who knew someone 2/3 got removed from the game chima, porsche , willie

but it is what it is :animated_bouncy:

I have been on board since Season 1 as well..Brittney, Chicken George, et al where we had a vote...but we seemed to vote off the most interesting players..makes me nervous for this new twist of MVP and how it will affect the game

Guest 6Borders

Season one had two major things going for it as far as America voting: first, it was brand new to all of us, viewers and hg's alike, plus everyone who wanted to had the feeds free, so the voting results were probably legit (even if Chicken George's entire town took the week off and sat on the phones voting over and over it would still be legit votes), and second, Greedy Grodner was not the producer.

BB was pretty ok, and possibly even pretty legit, until Shapiro left and Grodner had full control. It became blatently obvious that Grodner was manipulating as best she could to keep her personal favorites in the game or get the outcome she wanted, so "America's Vote" basically became a joke, as well as a money maker (I can't believe all the teens and young people who spent a dollar a text message to elect Janelle prom queen and then complained about how much money they spent and she got the title anyway because she won HOH or something)!

I see this MVP thing and American having a huge influence in the voting as another "Grodner Safety Net" to keep Rachel's sis in the game as long as possible, because it's almost inevitable that the hg's are going to find out who she is and then want her out (seriously it took all of about 2 hours for Ian Terry to figure out Willie was a Hantz, and Willie was way smoother at trying to lie than Rachel's sis from what I see). Judging from the suspiciously "all new cast" I'm sure there are a few other Grodner plants in there as well, if not every single one of these people is related in some way to a past HG!

Grodner can say there are any amount of votes cast for whom she wants because the FCC does not give a flying hg if she manipulates her show (they actually have had so many complaints over the years about BB production manipulation they have a standard form letter reply specifically related to BB and it just about addresses every issue viewers have raised).

Having 3 people on the block is a good thing and definitely different (many of us fans said for years it's something we'd like to see) and it might shake things up if handled correctly, but I doubt it will be anything but just different.

The only way I could see a "no-floater Summer" is to have teams which change every week. For instance, they DRAW (not production assigned) for teams and the first eviction Team A votes for someone on Team B for eviction, Team B votes for Team C and Team C for Team A (3 teams of 5 and a HOH week one). The next week they draw for new teams, and in order to balance the teams there would be excemptiosn (like HOH, POV, NVP) The next week they draw for new teams, etc. until they get down to X-amount of HG's and "merge" (like Survivor).

Having been here for 13-1/2 seasons (I refused to watch once Grodner put the coaches in the game last year) I really can't see this as anything but BB Hype for a totally new and different season and all the great new twists will be nothing more than the hyped up flops they have been for years, but that remains to be seen and all we can do is hope for something fun and different.

Ok so based on the new video someone posted with Julie it sounds like the HOH will choose three Houseguests for eviction and then the MVP is probably given some type of immunity. Maybe a sort of POV where they are allowed to remove one person from the block if they want and then force the HOH to choose the replacement. I think making the MVP select one of the nominees makes him almost like the HOH and having to make deals and what not with the other Houseguests to stay safe. Its funny how negative many of the people here are about this twist. The comments that if the MVP chooses the third nominee it would make them a target is just dumb. Yes it would make them a target but then they have to actually make deals in the house to make sure they are safe. The HOH has to do this so another person having to do this is just playing the game. On the surface I like the idea of the MVP because of how it can impact the game. Yes the classic BB where there are no twists are cool but without a twist or two thrown in there the game would just get boring.

In reference to the twist, Julie stated the MVP would be given a special power and they could choose whether to tell the other HG about it or keep it secret. I didn't hear her say anything about it being a part of the nominating process. I want to see exactly what they told the HG the first night in the house. If they do know about the MVP they are always going to be suspect about ALL the other people in the house especially if the winner decides to keep it secret. That will add another level of stress on everybody. In my opinion that will make for some drama in the house and some real interesting chatter among them. If that's the case I'm all for it!! Bring on the drama, baby! :clap:

Guest 6Borders

My guess is Julie will reveal the MVP to them right before voting, telling them that America voted for (aka Grodner selected) an MVP and what that person's special powers are (camera pans HG's gasping, turning heads in suspicion to each other and covering their mouths in disbelief...lol).

I suspect the MVP will either be able to use the power (whatever it is) or remain silent (much like if you have a hidden immunity idol on Survivor, you either play it or keep it to yourself)! If it's played this way it's either a glorified POV or takes the place of a POV. If they keep POV and add MPV it just adds one more HG safety net to the game and might keep them off balance (which would make for much better feeds and edited show/BBAD)

Once the HG's know this is going to happen every week I think the production hope is that there will be more scrambling for alliances and deals and less opportunity to "fly under the radar and float"!!

Usually with any secret powers the question is asked by inviting the holder to stand if they wish to use it, so I suspect that will be the case for MVP. They'll only be identified if they use it.

The obvious power though surely is that the MVP gets to save one of the nominees - so the HoH will name three and if the Veto is used name a replacement. Then on eviction night the MVP will save one of the nominees (possibly themselves) prior to the evictoin vote.