House on FOX

The best line of the night:

(to the flight attendant, about Cuddy)

"I'm board certified in infectious disease. She assigns parking spaces"

And what a unique and touching concept for the story back at the hospital.

A call girl who stays to befriend the lonely stranger.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a great line, great episode overall last night.

As for the friendly call girl, seems like Wilson is hot for her and wants her tocome back and visit - could be interesting

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, good show, even when it was looking like Dr. House couldn't find an answer.

Wow, casting sure cleaned house for next season! :animated_rotfl: punny, punny, I know.

Wonder if they're all really gone or they get pulled back in by their charming boss.

I was wondering that too, has anyone heard if they are leaving the show, I like that group together, so I hope they will all be back. Great episode though!! Cant wait for next season!!

I definitely wondered if the actors had renewed their contracts or not. I really like the whole cameron / chase thing so it'd be annoying for that just to be started up then kill the actors.

• 1 month later...

from E! Online --

"Five new actors have signed on to star in the upcoming fourth season of the Fox hit, filling the show's quota of smart, pretty people in the wake of the apparent departure of the good doctor's interns.

Olivia Wilde (The O.C.), Kal Penn (Harold & Kumar), Peter Jacobson (The Starter Wife), Anne Dudek (Big Day) and Edi Gathegi (Lincoln Heights) will get a lesson in condescension when they join the medical drama this fall.

The network has kept mum on how long each of the would-be replacements will stick around the house Hugh Laurie built; however, E! Online's Watch with Kristin, which first broke the casting news, reports that the fresh meat will stick around for just eight episodes.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Wilde will play a young doctor named Thirteen, which in itself is enough to rile House's feathers. She is expected to work very closely with the diagnostician.

The remaining thesps are expected to play candidates for a fellowship with House, presumably vying for the chance to step into the shoes of Cameron, Chase or Foreman, each of whom wound up on the outs at the close of season three.

Foreman (Omar Epps) left the hospital in the season finale after giving his two weeks' notice, claiming he did not want to turn into House. Chase (Jesse Spencer) was randomly axed by his capricious mentor, while Cameron (Jennifer Morrison) announced she was leaving.

House, which has nabbed series star Laurie a gaggle of Best Actor nods over the past three years, kicks off its fourth season on Sept. 25."

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Sneak Peek: House Breaks In New Docs

by David Hochman

070828int1house.jpg

Hugh Laurie, House

What happens when you have 40 medical-fellowship candidates competing for three coveted staff jobs at one famous hospital? If you're Dr. House (Hugh Laurie), you let them battle it out reality-show style until every last ounce of their dignity is gone.

Season 4 of the Emmy-winning Fox series kicks off Sept. 25 with House putting a gaggle of fellows to the test just to watch them squirm (he even makes them wear numbers). "It's classic House sadistic behavior," says executive producer David Shore. "No other character on TV

• 4 weeks later...

I hated that this show was buried under three shows last night - DWTS, Biggest Loser, and Boston Legal. Sure, it's a great contender in the competition - but give it a break! Both Hugh Laurie and his character continue to impress me. I saw enough of it to be looking forward to the 'phone guy' who is due in for an interview with House. Either they are a perfect match or that hanging up was a true omen of things to come.

Outside of LOST, this is my FAVORITE show!!! Nothing could stop me from watching it!! Last night's ending was awesome! I wonder if his visions in next week's episode are because his old puppets have other jobs in the hospital (so aren't really "visions")

House called him (late night) to arrange an interview for the next day. It sounded like a partying frat house, and the guy was all dude-this and dude-that - yelling out to his friends. House just hung up the phone during the shout-outs. No time was set for the interview - just "tomorrow."

Joa - I think they are 'visions' that might be reminding him that he does have (and need) personal attachments in his life - before he loses the few friends he has left.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I actually like the idea of new cast members on the show. Personally, House's old team annoyed me. But that's what made the show interesting, the way they teamed up against House and each other.

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'House' Selects Its Permanent New Team

Kal Penn, Olivia Wilde and Peter Jacobson will reportedly be regulars

October 4, 2007

Stop reading now if you don't want to know which doctors are going to be with Dr. House for the remainder of the season.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Kal Penn, Olivia Wilde and Peter Jacobson will be series regulars for the remainder of this "House" season.

That news shouldn't come as any shock to anybody who watched this Tuesday's (Oct. 2) episode of the popular FOX medical drama. Although House was in the process of auditioning as many as 40 possible replacements for his departed team of diagnosticians (played by Jennifer Morrison, Jesse Spencer and Omar Epps), the characters played by Penn, Wilde and Jacobson received the most screentime. In addition, the three actors were the most prominent of the guest stars announced by FOX this summer.

The trade paper says that the original plan had only been to add two new regulars, but that three ended up getting the call. The in-show competition will continue for some time, though, as the official selection episode has yet to be shot.

The characters played by Morrison, Spencer and Epps all left House's charge in last season's finale, but all returned at least in some context in this week's episode and will continue to play a regular role on the series.

Penn is most familiar from big screen turns in "Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle," "The Namesake" and "Superman Returns," while you'd recognize Wilde from the FOX dramas "The O.C." and "Skin," plus NBC's short-lived "The Black Donnellys." Jacobson's credits include "Method & Red," "In Justice" and "The Starter Wife."