Sign in to follow this  
Jem

House on FOX

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: SPOILERIFX

04/20 - Episode 2.23 - Who's Your Daddy? [Airing May 16]: The team treats the daughter of one of House's friends. D.B. Sweeney will guest star as the father.

I watched this show last night, and I didn't find it very good. I might give it another chance since I do like hospital/doctor dramas, but it just didn't really grab me at all. I found it kind of boring and didn't finish the episode. I've heard that it's good from several people, so with the season almost over, I'll give it another shot, and maybe catch it in it's summer run.

Give it another shot SN. Last nights wasn't really that good, I felt it was slow and didn't have the punch that the past episodes have had.

I haven't watched many episodes but they grabbed me enough to make me watch again. If the first one I had seen was last nights I wouldn't watch again.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

House

April 25, 2006: You Gotta Have Faith

I can't decide if this episode was a horrific mess or a carefully constructed amalgam of profundities draped in a seemingly thought-provoking discussion of faith. My beef is that there was too much happening in this show for any one plot point to make an impact. Clearly, we are being set up for the end of the season. The hook was the teenage faith healer. Boyd of Arcadia serves more as a plot device to expose the main character's issues than as a compelling medical case. His first move after falling ill was to turn to earthbound doctors for his own healing. Long story short, he has herpes. Yet through his divine insights, Boyd reminds us where the players are on the chessboard. Chase cannot make decisions. Cameron and Foreman have trust issues. House views faith as a four-letter word (yet he tickles the ivories with the hymn "What a Friend We Have in Jesus"). Most importantly, Boyd's presence sets events in motion that reveal Wilson to be a "functional vampire"

I agree with Dade. I normally get to see this show every couple of weeks. Last night wasn't really the best I

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

04/25 - Episode 2.24 - No Reason (Season finale) [Airing May 23]: As House and his team are working on the diagnosis of Vince, a man with a giant, swollen tongue, disgruntled former patient Jack Moriarty (guest star Elias Koteas) walks into House's office and shoots him. House continues to treat Vince from his ICU hospital bed with Moriarty, shot by hospital security and hand-cuffed to his bed, as his roommate. When aftereffects of the shooting begin to impact House, he starts to question his own ability to properly diagnose. As Vince's body deteriorates, House must struggle through his self-doubt and trust his team to find a way to solve the case. Source: FOX

Two episodes of House this week....

Tuesday May 2, at 9:00pm Eastern

Part 1 of two: An inner-city cop (Scott Michael Campbell) laughs as he corners a suspect, and even thinks it's funny when the suspect shoots him. But the gunshot wound isn't why he's in danger. Meanwhile, Foreman takes an immediate dislike to the officer. In fact, when his condition deteriorates, Foreman starts laughing. Then the doc gets sick as well.

AND

Wednesday May 3, at 8:00pm Eastern

Conclusion. Now it's Foreman's turn to go blind and suffer agonizing pain from whatever it was that struck Off. Joe Luria, and a stumped House calls on his pet rat, Steve McQueen, to see what he can sniff out in Joe's filthy apartment. Rodney Foreman: Charles S. Dutton.

This also pushes Bones back to May 10, at 8:00pm Eastern

House

May 2, 2006: Euphoria, Part 1

You know what I liked best about the show tonight? It's something we have sort of known but hasn't been articulated. House truly cares for his staff. He even said as much, in his own way, while taking a jab at Wilson. I didn't like that so much, but House jabs out of love. You know what else I didn't like? Watching Joe, the pot-farming cop, slowly die. I wanted a happy ending for Joe, whose life was pretty pathetic. He didn't even get to go quickly. He took the express train from euphoria to abject pain and it wasn't pretty. That train will be making a return trip for Foreman, whose symptoms might have been recognized sooner had he not been acting like such a jerk lately. Despite his recent bad behavior, I feel for the guy.

So does Cameron. What does a guy have to do to make Cameron hate him? A lot. He could steal your article. He could disavow your friendship. He could stab you with a diseased needle. Cameron would still enter a hot zone to save him. That, my friends, is the mark of a special person. Whether it be short-bus special or uniquely gifted special, the jury's still out.

Speaking of the short bus

So I saw Part 1, and I saw the show the following week. Stupid me totally didn't clue into the fact that Part 2 was the day after 1. I saw that Foreman was alive and well, and even nice/positive for awhile. My question though is, how? What was the infection/problem after all and how bad did it get before they found out?

Source - FOX.com

Sorry, long read and I'm posting Part 1 and 2.

EUPHORIA, PART 1

Aired 5/2/06

A cop named Joe Luria corners a young gang member in an alley. Joe giddily mocks the perp as he reads him his rights. The gang member pulls his gun and shoots. The bullet shatters against Joe

House

by Rhoda Charles

May 16, 2006: Who's Your Daddy?

The most interesting thing about tonight's episode was the preview for next week. For the anti-spoiler crowd I won't mention anything, but I'd advise you to stay tuned. Tonight we get D.B Sweeney playing Crandall, an old friend of House's. Crandall is convinced that he's found a daughter he didn't know existed in Leona (Aasha Davis), an orphaned Hurricane Katrina victim and child of a one-night stand. House believes otherwise and in true fashion needles Crandall with this opinion. Of course, these two pals have an intricate history involving a woman, a betrayal and a two-word act, which is later simulated in a sight gag just in case we missed the first reference. Kudos to Cameron for recognizing that House's leg was in more pain than usual but tsk-tsk for not recognizing a therapeutic leg massage when she saw one. That's OK, she was probably still skeeved out from the digestive blood oozing out of Leona. Now I enjoy bathroom humor as much as the next guy, but seeing someone poop out of their mouth... kinda gross. Talk about your potty mouth. Yeah, I stole that from House, but it was fitting.

So Cuddy's having daddy issues. It's lucky for her that House can wield a needle filled with fertility drugs and also recognize that "classical music lover" is sperm donor-ese for classic loser. With all that microbe-murdering alcohol swabbing on Cuddy's rear end, things are looking good for a Cuddy/House baby-making experiment. And if the look Cuddy threw House was any indication, there's even more reason to watch next week.

Posted by Rhoda Charles 05/16/2006 11:55 PM

House

by Rhoda Charles

May 23, 2006: No Reason

Way to bring a season together! Not too long ago I was complaining that the show was juggling too many story lines. I should have had faith: This finale was great. Not just for the shock value of House's shooting, which I'm half considering was something he orchestrated himself, but also for the smooth and subtle way in which it integrated the stories and wrapped them all up in one word. Ketamine. The cure for House's pain, the end to his addiction. With all the emphasis on medical journals this season (Cameron vs. Foreman, House's med-school nemesis) there is no way that House wouldn't be aware that ketamine could stop his incessant, drug-addiction-inducing pain. Though "getting shot is not an FDA-approved treatment," to my knowledge there is no restriction on using a shooting as a means to another end. Thank goodness that the oh-so-perceptive doctor recognized in himself what everyone else already knew

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Will Cuddy Hook Up with House?

by Ileane Rudolph

060704insider3.jpg

Lisa Edelstein, House

On TV, Lisa Edelstein has scored with everyone from George Costanza to Frasier Crane. Will Dr. House be next? TV Guide asked her about the Fox drama's second-season cliff-hanger, her party-girl past and more.

TV Guide: Right to it: Dr. Lisa Cuddy, your character on House [Tuesdays at 8 and 9 pm/ET], is looking for a sperm donor to have a baby, and House (Hugh Laurie) has been nixing all the anonymous donors. Will she ask him to donate?

Lisa Edelstein: She walked into House's office, clearly wanting to say something... and didn't. The choice that I made for Cuddy is that she was going to ask him, but then realized that the truth was she didn't want his sperm donated in a bottle

SPOILER ALERT....HIGHLIGHT TO SEE

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK AUSIELLO

Question: For the love of Snapple, give me House scoop!

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK MATT

Question: How could Fox move House to Tuesdays at 8 pm/ET? It is so established at 9, yet once again, Fox feels the need to alienate some more viewers. Do you think ratings will drop? The ratings for the repeats show the 9 pm airing gets considerably more viewers than the 8 pm one. Obviously Fox dooesn't have much confidence in Standoff if it feels the need to make House a lead-in. Will House go back to 9 pm once Idol starts again?

House

by Rhoda Charles

September 5, 2006: Meaning

At the end of last season I asked what House, the show and the doctor, would do without the cane and the drug addiction? Well, now I know. He

I hate watching house, everytime I watch it I like it more. Tonight's episode was excellent.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW COMMENTARY

House

by Rhoda Charles

September 26, 2006: Lines in the Sand

This week House tried to discover the source of a severely autistic boy's distress while protesting the replacement carpet in his office and dodging the advances of an underage crush.

The autism story line had potential and presented an opportunity to shine some light on an often-misunderstood condition. Unfortunately, it stalled discussing the disappointment of having an "abnormal" child and let House disparage parents who change their lives to care for him.

House was at the most childish I've seen him in a while. He spent the episode whining about his new carpet, preferring instead his old bloodstained one. In protest, he refused to work in his office, which led to mildly amusing brainstorming sessions in the clinic, Wilson's and Cuddy's offices, the chapel and a conference room, which gave us the much teased "You can't stop our love!" moment. It worked better in the promo than in the actual show.

Overall, the team was unenthusiastic about the case, approaching it with a close-minded predetermined diagnosis that Adam was screaming not from pain but merely as a result of his autistic state. Again, they showed their limited ability to think outside the box

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: OUR TAKE

Fox, CW Changes Confirmed; House Moves

In press releases arriving just minutes apart, Fox and CW have officially confirmed several schedule changes.

As rumored, Fox is moving Justice to Mondays at 9 (effective Oct. 23) and bumping Vanished to Fridays at 8 (as of Oct. 27), where it will be followed by Trading Spouses. Seizing Justice's Wednesday-at-9 berth is The Rich List, a new quiz show. And a new wrinkle: Standoff and House will trade Tuesday time slots, airing at 8 and 9, respectively (starting Oct. 31).

As for CW, it's pretty much as speculated: 7th Heaven and Runaway are moving from Monday to Sunday, swapping nights (as of this coming Monday) with Everybody Hates Chris-Girlfriends-The Game-All of Us.

Posted by Matt Mitovich 10/5/06 2:33 PM

House

by Rhoda Charles

October 31, 2006: Fools for Love

I knew it. I find myself saying that a lot when I watch this show, and I don't think I'm alone. It is very satisfying to be able to correctly declare what's going to happen before the show reveals it. You end up feeling like House, who himself spends most of the show declaring the answer before he has the research to back it up. So join me in some self-congratulatory back-patting if you, like I did, correctly called the identity of the officer who pulled House over before he stepped out of the car and also if you called the brother/sister twist to tonight's medical mystery.

In case you are wondering, hell yes, I would want to know if I had inadvertently married my sibling, as Tracy (Jurnee Smollett) and Jeremy (Raviv Ullman) did. I'm somewhat disturbed that the sympathetic Foreman thought this situation was something his ailing couple of patients could get past. I appreciate Foreman's wanting to look at the big picture, but let's narrow the focus. Some things you just can't get over, like, say, an assault with an unwelcome thermometer. Enter David Morse's character, Michael Tritter.

In the first of what looks to be an intense six-week stint, Tritter has already shown that he's more than a match for House who routinely bullies his way through interpersonal interactions. After an embarrassing genital-area swab from the particularly rude House, Tritter had the, uh, nerves to kick House's cane out from under him. House relies on his spot-on assessment of human behavior to make brilliant medical deductions, yet he is horrible at reading people outside of the doctor-patient relationship. This guy had "don't mess with me" written all over him, both as a patient and as a cop. House would have done well to stick with taking the temperature of Wilson's love life rather than mess with a patient who could arrest him for possession of narcotics! By the way, I didn't see that coming.

Convinced that Wilson has been dining in the company cafeteria once again, House investigated the new nurse, Wendy, hoping to find evidence of a tryst between she and Wilson. Turns out that Wendy and Foreman are an item, which explains the forced black/white issue throughout the show. However, with House's arrest, things are no longer clear-cut. If our star goes to the Big House, does that mean Foreman will be the boss again? Of the three, Foreman's the one with the steadily developing character. He even has a girlfriend now, which has to count for something. I guess for now, I'll have to wait and see.

Posted by Rhoda Charles 10/31/06 11:13 PM

Love it. I am behind. I still have 2 episodes to watch on my DVR list.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOWCOMMENTARY

House

by Rhoda Charles

November 7, 2006: Que Sera Sera

While the opening joke in tonight's show left me with the distinct feeling that I was watching a performance in an acting class, it did lead into a clever entrance for the show's main patient: George, a 650-pound comatose man thought to be dead and who, while in the process of being cut out of his apartment by a crew of wisecracking firemen, involuntarily alerts them to his true status with a built-in alarm.

Quick to champion the cause of the underdog, Cameron immediately empathized with the now-conscious George; however, Chase could not see past George's excess flesh in order to treat him. As a matter of fact, he disappeared from the case. What's up with that? We know Chase has issues. I just want to know what they are.

Occasionally we get a clue that there is something bubbling under the surface with him, and I patiently wait for the big reveal with the faith of a viewer who just knows we're going to get that powerhouse episode that brings all of Chase's disparate parts together. I'm still waiting. His blas

House

by Rhoda Charles

November 14, 2006: Son of Coma Guy

Stunt casting. Vegetative-state man awakes and wants a steak. Ah, yes, it must be sweeps. I'm a little bit disappointed that it wasn't Coma Guy whom House roused from sleep. But given the way the show ended