Scott Savol Departs Idol and the Aftermath

i am so glad mr pointy fingers is gone!!!!!

I also find it interesting that he finally got voted out when he sung his best song!!! lol

I also noticed how much fatter he had become from when he did his audition!!

Guest RogueyStars2004

I couldn't be any happier! THat thing is finally gone! I have been dancing all night since Ryan told us too Tabitha!

"We're gonna have a good time tonight! Let's celebrate! It's alright!"

~RogueyStars2004

Guest RogueyStars2004

Okay! I will decorate with streamers and then throw my glitter all around! :D

"Celebrate good times, come on!"

~RogueyStars2004

Guest Scrappy's Girl

I got upset when Ryan told Scott to take a seat on the sofa and my mom, said, be patient and I was and then, he said Scott you are going home and I WHOO HOOed all over the place. LOL.

Donna

i'm soooooo freaking glad that scott's gone!!!! IMHO he was the worst singer this season!! so what if he did good one week, he still sucked the rest of the time! but that's just my opinion!

Savol Leaves 'Idol'; ABC Airs Expose

Yahoo Entertainment News & Gossip

Despite a tongue-in-cheek Internet campaign to keep him, "American Idol" voters sent home Scott Savol, the shaky singer from Shaker Heights, as it reached its final four on Wednesday.

Fox's popular talent contest made no mention of the ABC News expose that was to air later in the evening, featuring a former contestant who alleges judge Paula Abdul coached him through the competition and had a sexual relationship with him.

While seemingly under siege this season, "American Idol" is still a hit with viewers 23.8 million watched Tuesday night headed to a May 24-25 finale.

Long-haired hearthrob Bo Bice of Helena, Ala.; birthday boy Anthony Fedorov of Trevose, Pa.; Vonzell Solomon of Fort Myers, Fla.; and Carrie Underwood of Checotah, Okla., remain in the competition.

Wednesday's vote was a disappointment for organizers of votefortheworst.com, a Web site that was conspiring to get the least talented contestant the record contract prize. Savol, of Shaker Heights, Ohio, was their pick.

The Web site became a victim of its own popularity when a crush of visitors led to its shutdown Tuesday night.

"We had a big traffic problem yesterday at 5 p.m. (PDT) before the show aired on the East Coast, more than 200,000 hits," founder Dave Della Terza said Wednesday.

The traffic jam infringed on other Web sites on the shared server so the site went down. He was trying to get it back up as quickly as possible, this time on a dedicated server, Della Terza said.

Savol was booted off despite hard-to-please judge Simon Cowell's opinion that his Tuesday performance of "Everytime You Go Away" was his best ever.

Meanwhile, ABC News' "Primetime Live" intended to air its interview with Corey Clark, a 2003 contestant who said that Abdul, after she took a shine to him, helped him with wardrobe, grooming and song selection. Clark was dropped from the show for failing to reveal a past arrest record.

In a snippet of the interview aired on ABC's "Good Morning America" Wednesday, Clark said Abdul's coaching was designed to "knock the dust off the dirty diamond and help me shine."

ABC gathered seven former contestants who had lost to Clark, who was 22 at the time, to show them an interview where he made the allegations.

"They watched, their silent faces saying everything about disappointment and disillusion," said John Quinones, who reported the "Idol" story.

Fox said Clark had never informed the network about his allegations. The network promised to look into them, but noted Clark was writing a book and had an incentive to seek publicity. A representative for Abdul, now 42, called Clark "an admitted liar and opportunist who engages in unlawful activities."

If only all of you negative nellies here could feel the pain my wife and I are feeling as a result of last night's show......

The only comfort I could imagine now would be if Carrie beats the blood sweat and tears cover band you call Bo...

Nobody left now has any feeling or soul. :(:(:(

:shock: Surely you jest.

I know you are a fan of Scott's as many are, but "nobody left now has any feeling or soul"?

And before I get hit with "just my opinion", I respect your's - I do, but no feeling or soul? I'm having a really tough time with that statement.

Scott was never on my list, but I certainly gave him credit when I felt credit was due (he sang "On Broadway" very well). I guess it's just my attempt at fairness.

Guest Tigress61

I have only been watching this for the last two weeks, so forgive me if I screw up on something.

Bo Bice was awesome, but it is getting to me how he handles himself on stage, that staggering stuff bugs me. It may cost him.

Carrie was robotic, but beautiful voice!

Vonzell was great too.

Don't care for Anthony at all. Just another Aaron Carter.

Scott looks like he is trying to land a plane or flag down a policeman, no style at all. Was almost like watching the Stay-Puft marshmallow man up there. Glad he is gone. He did do okay with the 'On Broadway' song, seemed a good fit.

If only all of you negative nellies here could feel the pain my wife and I are feeling as a result of last night's show......

The only comfort I could imagine now would be if Carrie beats the blood sweat and tears cover band you call Bo...

Nobody left now has any feeling or soul. :(  :(  :(

LurkingLarry, I am sorry your favorite didn't win. I felt sadness when Jessica, Nikko and Anwar went as well. I have to keep in mind that they are all winnners. They will all get a lot out of AI, will have and have gotten opportunities of a lifetime they may have never gotten otherwise, and they will benefit. Scott made it to 5th place!!!

Here is something I said on April 6. I haven't always felt so strongly that Scott needed to go... (It is too bad that we have no reference of our comments prior to the hack)

...He was DEFINITELY off-key last night. Anyone who can hear should have heard it THIS time. This is really ridiculous. I'm sorry. I honestly do think Scott has had his days where he sounded absolutely astounding! But, of late, he has really been off of his game and how he has managed to stay in the competition this long against the strongest group in AI history, MHO - of course, is totally frying my grey matter! I watched the crowd as well, and he does seem to have quite the fan base sitting right there in the audience...

I do feel. I feel Scott should seek some behavioural therapy. His singing isn't his biggest problem. IMHO.

Personally, the contest pretty much ended for me when Nikko Smith was booted...

I think Bo voice sounded too much like Aaron Neville's for my taste. 

The End. :wink:

I am glad Nikko's hat was booted off. He was decent, very pitchy though, no better than Scott IMHO Heck he wasn't even voted into the top 12. But I did dig him .

To me it ended when Jessica left

Thanks Suds...this is America and we all have an absolute right to have opinions and express them, even if I don't agree with them.

I'm feeling much better today. Top five was very good. Hopefully Scott will keep his stuff together so we can see him on the tour.

I'd probably like Bo a little better if he just put down the mic stand....

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name