After watching the ABC expose, should Paula be fired?

Lauren

After watching the ABC expose, should Paula be fired from AI?  

1. 1. After watching the ABC expose, should Paula be fired from AI?

• Yes, this totally undermines the show
    • No, her actions don't warrant her removal
    • No, I don't believe any of the allegations
    • Maybe

Guest ranster627

sheesh, tomorrow night 20/20 is having the fallout from Fallen Idol ...

frankly, it wasn't an Expose of Idol ... Primetime Live became trash TV tonight ... just recycled tabloid rumours ...

Why wait 2 years to say something .........Why.... IMHO....You have just released an album.....your only album since American Idol " :arrow: Bump up the publicity!!!

Jinx

The witnesses...his parents, his friends, and him...Are there no witnesses that aren't related....lol...George Huff was on the following season and said on our local news tonight that during AI you are in the studio till 11pm and people would notice someone coming and going so much, plus he said security follows you when ever you leave.

I've been giving Paula the benefit of the doubt and thought this expose' was going to be total tabloid BS... but, I actually believed at least some of what Corey said tonight... and based on the phone records and the messages she left him just since the story broke... I say she should GO!!!

(Be gentle, it's just my opinion :) )

Guest half-pint

Only a very small part of me thought it could be true.. But hearing the evidence, there just didn't seem to be enough to make me believe that it ws true. But I'm not sure... He kinda sounds like a boy scorned...

I agree with what everyone is saying... I see how it can be exaggerated truths but, there is some truth here as we have evidence via phone records and voice messages.

Here's my question? When the story broke... How did Paula know exactly who to call and try and get ahold of? And ask him not to say anything? If you noticed... he got those calls from Paula BEFORE "the source" (corey) was revealed. Or even what was going to be said. When the story first broke it was just that there was a scandal regarding AI and that ABC was doing an investigative report.

Ranster Ranting:

I want a more in depth investigation of the whole show! ... not just the tabloid sleazy stuff!

YES!!! that's what i was hoping for! not the crap we got last nite!

Guest XandraSkye
Before watching -- I didn't think there was going to be any real truth in it.  After watching -- she was a woman in her late 30s using a young man -- unethical and unprofessional.  I think further investigations should be done -- and made public.

:roll: Whatever! Spooky, this is America where we are sexually repressed. Do you work? If you did you would probably be shocked to find out what some of your co-workers do behind closed doors.

Also, it's an entertainment program not the catholic church. :twisted:

Guest Darkstar6591

"The judges are to remain impartial and judge the talent "

Since when does this apply to Paula....You really consider her a judge?!?!

I'm not sure I have ever heard her "judge" anyone. Even when its obvious the singing of a contestant is terrible, she will say, "Well, you're really having fun up there aren't you?" I harldy see that as judging.

I would say anything is possible these days. It's obvious that Paula prefers "younger" men but so do other celebrities. And what a smorgasbord she has to choose from . . . :shock: :D

Realistically, I don't believe she could single-handedly arrange for one person to win the competition. Possibly offer to help someone with their career after the show is over but not determine the winner.

You would think if she were able to help someone with their singing career...

...she would start with her own. heh

Guest susan

Skye, I am sooo with you on what you've said,"Who Cares?" I'ts 2 years post that time, and as far as spooky, it could've just as well been the other way around, He used her and in more ways than one, he certainly had more to gain than she. Again "Who Cares?" these people are human and adults and if all they said is true , they are the responsible parties, and as far as his mom sayin what she did, paaleease, Mommie needs to stay out of it, even if I had an opinion, I've found it's best to bite my tongue where my grown childrens antics are concerened, and believe me there have been some antics that I wasn't so happy about but you sure can't learn from anything if you don't ever experience anything, what a dull life that would be, if his heart got broken, I know it hurts EVERY time and that surely won't be the last time he has a heartbreak, life is full of them.

I was just annoyed at why they ran the expose anyway, it was old hat and I'm not sure what the end result that was hoped for, that Paula did something wrong? , she had no control over the actual vote. It could have been considered unethical had he gone on to win, but then I doubt it would even have come to light had that been the case. The show has been a huge success and I'm sure it will continue to be a success, all the airing of all that did was create attention and then it's such a favorite of everyone that no matter what is said or exposed it's not gonna change anyones mind, not mine, I will keep on watchin, and I will still dig Paula, Randy, and Simon. 8)

Guest susan

Corey is a weasel and he's the kind of guy that kisses and tells, and then when he tells he embellishes what really happened.

We've all seen those kinda guys, the bragging football guys in the locker room, there has been many a girls reputation tarnished in the "Locker Room" scenerio over the yrs.

:cry:

Controversy Has No Effect on 'Idol'

By DAVID BAUDER

AP Television Writer

NEW YORK - Fox's "American Idol" ratings juggernaut showed no signs of slowing despite the widely publicized report of an affair between judge Paula Abdul and first-year contender Corey Clark.

Last Wednesday's results show was seen by 25.4 million people, almost precisely its season average, according to Nielsen Media Research. Tuesday's audience was one million viewers short of that mark.

It was last Wednesday when ABC's "Primetime Live" televised an hour-long special detailing Clark's allegations to an audience of 13.7 million people, a solid but not spectacular showing for a look at the seamy side of TV's most popular game.

Corey Clark Says He Has Affair Evidence

NEW YORK (AP) - Responding to Paula Abdul's "Saturday Night Live" cameo appearance, Corey Clark's lawyer said the former "American Idol" contestant has "explicit" and "incriminating" evidence into their alleged affair.

Richard B. Jefferson said the 24-year-old singer hasn't expressed "any plans to voluntarily reveal additional incriminating evidence, which he possesses, to the general public that undoubtedly proves the extent of their involvement because of its explicit nature."

However, in an e-mail to The Associated Press Monday, Jefferson said Clark would "fully cooperate with any governmental agency that launches an investigation stemming from his claims."

Clark alleged last week that Abdul, a judge on the Fox talent competition, had an affair with him while he was competing in 2003 and also coached him on how to do better in the competition.

Jed Wallace, Clark's spokesman, refused to comment Tuesday on what type of "evidence" Clark might possess. Abdul's spokesman, Shawn Sachs, didn't immediately return calls seeking comment.

Last week, ABC's "Primetime Live" aired an expose of the scandal, which the "Saturday Night Live" cast lampooned on Saturday's show. At the end of the sketch, Abdul made her own "Idol"-style critiques of her imitator, saying to Amy Poehler: "You need to perfect the clap a little more and be a lot more sexier so contestants will be willing to sleep with you."

Abdul has called Clark's allegations "lies" and an attempt at character assassination. She issued a statement Friday expressing "my deepest appreciation" for fans who have expressed their support for her.

"Neither Ms. Abdul's vague statement nor her satire regarding this incident refutes her inappropriate relationship with Mr. Clark or discredits the veracity of his claims," Jefferson said in the e-mail.

The Fox network said Clark hadn't responded to requests for help investigating his charges. Clark said he had no interest in helping the show that booted him off.