What would you like to see in Big Brother 15?

bbjag

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how many of you saw this tweet from Robyn Kass last night;

Robyn Kass@Kassting

18h

It's official.... every #BB15 submission has been watched! Thanks again to everyone who applied. Now onto the waiting game. #BBFansRTheBest

It's nice to know they've made it through that portion of the process. I'm still hoping they come out with all new HG this year. Surely they can come up with all new people considering how many go for auditions for this game. I know there are some people who can't pass certain portions of the audition especially the mental testing. They do want to make good choices along that line and not end up with Waaaaambers left and right! lol I still can't believe how much that girl cried in that house. I felt sorry for Justin having to listen to it all the time (and us!). :giggle:

maybe to shake up the veto, every week the HoH spins a wheel with 3 equally possible outcomes; they play for the Golden PoV, they play for Diamond PoV, or no veto at all that week. This should be done sometime after nominations.

Janis: "I would also like to see them hand out punishments for breaking the rules. Especially for singing. I think they should get 1 warning and after that be put on slop or something."

Janis... I think I post every year about the singing.

Seems to me with all that time on their hands some of them wouldn't slap together some of their own lyrics if they

have the urge to sing.

BUT then, of course, there's always the HG's that like to stop the feeds to yank the FEED folks chains.

Agree there should be some type of punishment for the HGs that do it.

But - sadly it's been mentioned many times and the producers haven't picked up on the viewers suggestion(s).

The problem I have with punishing the Houseguests for minor violations like talking about production or singing is that the punishments they would give would be too much for such a minor violation. Putting people on slop for singing to me is a little harsh and frankly won't stop anyone from doing it since all they are trying to do is pass the time. I think what we will get is everyone on slop and that just makes the whole show non interesting.

If they really want to go the route of a punishment, slop isn't my choice. If you threaten to take a portion of their stipend that should do the trick. When you talk about taking someone's money they usually sit up and take notice. rofl It would be a good incentive and I bet ya they cut out all that singing in a short period of time. I don't consider that harsh at all. When you want to scold a child you usually target the things they like best so you get the point across. Removing computer time from the agenda is a great attention getter for kids and taking money from kids or adults is pretty darn effective too. lol

Sounds like a plan to me! Allison, are you listening out there?? :laugh4:

I agree - and in the context of the broadcast shows would make no sense at all. And I don't believe for one minute that even if these rules were strictly obeyed the live feeds would be cut any less - they'd find other excuse to go to FOTH.

As some of you may or may not know Brazil has an adapted version of the US format which basically see the HoH nominate one person, the other HMs vote for the second nominee and the public evict and ultimately vote for the winner. I'm not suggesting the US go down that route, but they have had a few variations to the Veto. Firstly it occurs before the nominations and allows the winner to award immunity to another housemate. However there is a second challenge - effectively a Veto Veto - where the winner can veto that decision and take the immunity from them. They've also had years where as well as awarding immunity the winner of the "Power of Immunity" also has to award a punishment to a housemate of their choice, and most recently have introduced the "Power of No", which allows the winner to prevent a certain number of HMs competing in the next HoH comp.

If they really want to go the route of a punishment, slop isn't my choice. If you threaten to take a portion of their stipend that should do the trick. When you talk about taking someone's money they usually sit up and take notice. rofl It would be a good incentive and I bet ya they cut out all that singing in a short period of time. I don't consider that harsh at all. When you want to scold a child you usually target the things they like best so you get the point across. Removing computer time from the agenda is a great attention getter for kids and taking money from kids or adults is pretty darn effective too. lol

Sounds like a plan to me! Allison, are you listening out there?? :laugh4:

If their stipends are targeted as punishment for singing then the Hgs will start having conversations about the stipends, which they aren't allowed to speak about, so if its not singing it's speaking about "production". No libations and no food for everyone for a week if anyone sings. Threaten something that is at hand , besides who is thinking about a stipend while in the house?

I agree - and in the context of the broadcast shows would make no sense at all. And I don't believe for one minute that even if these rules were strictly obeyed the live feeds would be cut any less - they'd find other excuse to go to FOTH.

As some of you may or may not know Brazil has an adapted version of the US format which basically see the HoH nominate one person, the other HMs vote for the second nominee and the public evict and ultimately vote for the winner. I'm not suggesting the US go down that route, but they have had a few variations to the Veto. Firstly it occurs before the nominations and allows the winner to award immunity to another housemate. However there is a second challenge - effectively a Veto Veto - where the winner can veto that decision and take the immunity from them. They've also had years where as well as awarding immunity the winner of the "Power of Immunity" also has to award a punishment to a housemate of their choice, and most recently have introduced the "Power of No", which allows the winner to prevent a certain number of HMs competing in the next HoH comp.

I always thought 2 vetoes comps or vetoing a veto was a good game changer, had no idea this was actually being done on one of the other BB shows, I think it's brilliant.

I agree with the HG being assigned tasks every day. Maybe they draw for their duties every week. Also there should be some sort of penalty system for singing, talking about peeps not on their list, talking about production, etc. If they accumulate 10, they lose their vote in the next eviction (or something not so severe). Starts over every week. Need to keep us live feeders interested with extra stuff going on all the time. Hiding stuff that gives them an advantage in the next comp--like Survivor idol. Doesn't really matter what the heck they decide to do, I will be there watching like a crazy person. LOVE BB

If their stipends are targeted as punishment for singing then the Hgs will start having conversations about the stipends, which they aren't allowed to speak about, so if its not singing it's speaking about "production". No libations and no food for everyone for a week if anyone sings. Threaten something that is at hand , besides who is thinking about a stipend while in the house?

Stipend, paycheck. Same thing, different name. Most folks I know think about their monetary situation at least once a day. Just sayin'....

Let them have music. I never knew why they wouldn't allow them to sing but now I see that it is to prevent copyright/promotional infringement. WTH and who cares? People need music. Let the HOH set music choice for the week. And.....for punishment, make them listen to Barbra Streisand loops 24/7.

In retrospect and even though I detest Dan Gheesling and think that Memphis Garrett (sic) was so s-l-o-w, BB10 was the best one thus far. "Noted as a "back to basics" season by both CBS and the production team. As part of the back to basics format, there was no "twist" to the season, live audiences returned for the Thursday eviction shows for the first time since Big Brother 1, and for the first time since Big Brother 3 the HouseGuests were all complete strangers. Second season to have an America's Player. Also the only season to have a unanimous vote winner."

Stipend, paycheck. Same thing, different name. Most folks I know think about their monetary situation at least once a day. Just sayin'....

Yeah pretty much got what stipend means, thanks.

Yeah pretty much got what stipend means, thanks.

nyse, I humbly apologize. I wasn't being sarcastic saying you didn't know the difference and I'm sorry if it came off that way. I should have put a smiley face after that statement I made so you would know I was just joking. No harm intended my friend.

I agree with the HG being assigned tasks every day. Maybe they draw for their duties every week. Also there should be some sort of penalty system for singing, talking about peeps not on their list, talking about production, etc. If they accumulate 10, they lose their vote in the next eviction (or something not so severe). Starts over every week. Need to keep us live feeders interested with extra stuff going on all the time. Hiding stuff that gives them an advantage in the next comp--like Survivor idol. Doesn't really matter what the heck they decide to do, I will be there watching like a crazy person. LOVE BB

I think that probably over complicates thing but one idea for a twist would be that for each eviction (up until final 10) that only a jury of seven can vote for each eviction - decided partly by competition, while the HoH gets to choose one voter an the Veto winner automatically gets a vote. It could be an idea to just have 6 HGs vote each week with the 7th vote coming from the public.

I've read a lot of good suggestions here. I hope the powers-that-be are reading. Keep it simple is my mantra. I hope that they find new and exciting and as normal as possible houseguests and I hope that they take special care to represent various ages, ethnicities and sexual orientations. I want to see normal people exposed to competition, subsequent stress and a learning curve. It's the point of Big Brother for me. Normal people under a microscope. Us.

I agree, No returning houseguests, I also would like for them to go back to food competitions for the whole house. Either let all the players play the veto, or do something different with it. No more pandora's box. Do away with haves/have nots. I liked the way bb use to be.. with regular people and not quite so much production interferance.

I've read a lot of good suggestions here. I hope the powers-that-be are reading. Keep it simple is my mantra. I hope that they find new and exciting and as normal as possible houseguests and I hope that they take special care to represent various ages, ethnicities and sexual orientations. I want to see normal people exposed to competition, subsequent stress and a learning curve. It's the point of Big Brother for me. Normal people under a microscope. Us.

The past couple of nights I've been watching different seasons of BB on YouTube. I was happy to find several videos from season one. I had forgotten how they originally nominated people for eviction. I actually enjoyed the simplicity of that year. I also want to see a wide diversity in HG. Please get away from "the token ____." That has become too predictable too.

The past couple of nights I've been watching different seasons of BB on YouTube. I was happy to find several videos from season one. I had forgotten how they originally nominated people for eviction. I actually enjoyed the simplicity of that year. I also want to see a wide diversity in HG. Please get away from "the token ____." That has become too predictable too.

I agree Moxie. But unfortunately it seems there will always be token blacks, gays, elderly, 6 pack abs and silicone honeys.

I agree Moxie. But unfortunately it seems there will always be token blacks, gays, elderly, 6 pack abs and silicone honeys.

Hiya Steve! :animated_wave: Great to see you! I know but I guess it's just wishful thinking on my part. Any new changes would be welcomed at this point. (I'll be turning cartwheels if they give us a new house this year,) :animated_bouncy:

They kind of do that with the VETO competition, but I like it for the eviction as well. I think it would spice things up in the house as the people that will vote for eviction will be getting the nominees in their ears for a few days. Maybe they can have the HOH announce their choice publicly on the night of eviction and then then have the houseguests pull names out of the bag like they do for VETO. This might be a good twist to change things up and it doesn't require returning houseguests.

RUMORS

1. Half of the HG's will be over 35 yrs old and the other half under 28 yrs old.

2. BB15 HG's will enter the house on June 20, finale on Sept 25th....

3. There will be 18 HG's on BB15 with NO returnees.

4. Much of the house has a contemporary Asian theme

Not confirmed, just the rumor mill

RUMORS

1. Half of the HG's will be over 35 yrs old and the other half under 28 yrs old.

Where did these rumors come from? I have been looking for rumors for the a little while and have found nothing.

1. no teams - i hate when they manufacture alliances instead of letting the hg's formed them on their own..... teams are a cheap/easy way to steer the game in a particular way

2. pandoras box - it is no longer a fresh idea and every hg's getting it after a certain point cheapens it. if they want to continue to do it then have real consequences if one chose to open it.....

3. no returnees - enough already .... we get it you like vets because they give predictability and are a supposedly rating boost but after awhile it becomes placebo effect

4. new comps - the hg's knows what to expect in terms of what comps is coming up and i do too

5. more simple endurance comps - i hate knowing who will win or who has the advantage in an endurance comp just by seeing the comp design.... a more simple design that favors no one will be a true test of who has the desire to win

6.stop with biggest cast ever - truth of matter only a handful of hg's are really there to play the game anyway and the rest are just dead weight

7. more real dr's sessions- stop with the scripted bs they give us now. i want real candid dr's on the hg's take on their gameplay and less about irrelevant things

8. casting that goes against the bb norm- if i see another overweight black woman cast, nerdy super fan, hooters girls , brain dead jock , playboy centerfold i will do nothing haha...... :laugh4:

9.less hg's who knows nothing about bb- but just did it for the exposure that being on the show would bring

10. better enforcement of rules - singing purposely to get the feeds block, stopping the super whispering

11. bringing back up the feeds in a timely manner - as soon as pov comp/nom ceremony is over the feeds should be up.. i hate having to play sherlock holmes and guessing who won the pov

:animated_bouncy:

RUMORS

I've also heard 2,3 and 4. Number one escaped me and I thought I was reading each good source on a daily basis. lol I need to go back and find where I read the one about the house. The post had stated the house had been completely redesigned since they had to install new cameras throughout and it had a better contemporary design than in the past.

This show does need a serious shot in the arm. It has become waaaay too predictable on so many levels. I look forward to this season and hope they don't disappoint us once again. :lamo: