Second Place Winnings?

When reading the LFU's for Tuesday some of the HG's were talking about how Alec had already won 10k, and that was almost half of the second place winnings. As far as I know, nothing about second was ever mentioned on the show and it wasn't mentioned on the live feeds before this. Does the runner up get 20-25k or something?

Here is the quote from the live feed updates:

8:06PM BBT: Topaz talking to Emmett telling him how everyone is saying that Andrew will be wishy-washy if she's up there with Alec. They are in the bathroom area. Hard to hear what Emmett is saying. Sounds like Alec bashing. "He won a trunk of money" no one is fooled by him saying what he won was nothing. "That's half of second place! No matter what, even if he leaves on Thursday, he's won 3rd place just based on money."

Here is the "Official Rule" #5

5. One participant will receive the grand prize of CAD$100,000 (subject to change in Producer’s and/or the Broadcaster’s discretion). A weekly stipend will be provided for each participant for each week that he or she remains in the Big Brother Canada House. Stipend payments and prize winnings will not be paid until after the broadcast of the final episode of the show.

So, they may have added a second place prize, as it is at the show's discretion.

If you want to get technical, the way that it's phrased: "for each week that he or she remains in the Big Brother Canada House", could be taken to mean they are only paid for being in the House, not the Jury House. (Or possibly paid MORE while in the house than in the jury house.) So that would mean that the runner-up would get paid the most, after the winner, because they had been in the House the longest, and therefore been paid for the most weeks in the House in comparison to those houseguests evicted. (And, based on the quoted LFU above, the total payout for making it from Day 1 to the last day would be over $20,000.)

I was just watching last night's After Dark, and we now have confirmation from the houseguests that the houseguest who comes in second place wins $20,000.

Andrew and Jillian were talking about the double eviction, and how Peter could have used the veto on Topaz, the two of whom would then control the votes, and vote out either Talla or whomever Emmitt would put up to replace Topaz, which would probably be Andrew, although Jillian had said earlier that Emmitt had previously spoken to her about using her as a pawn, so it is by no means certain. Then they started talking about final 3, and how it would go down. Their conversation went like this:

Andrew: I want to win. But then the thing is, you have to start thinking.. you and Emmitt are starting to... that this night made you guys a little bit more than me. I was like doing ok to win anything tonight.

Jillian: Yeah, but... you win some, you lose some. We've all got 3, so that's even and good.

Andrew: Yeah, but one of mine is crap, though!

Jillian: That doesn't matter.

Andrew: It doesn't matter. We want to get to the final 3. I just want to have a chance to go to final 2, obviously. You know what I mean? That's why the two of you... I know I'm ok, because I know we're all competitors, but at the same time, the two of you, against each other you don't know who's going to win. You don'[t know if you're going to win against me, either. So it all comes down to who wins that final one, still. Right?

Jillian: That's just scary.

Andrew: It is scary, because, you know, the thing is, once you go to final three, and that's the thing about having a final three, is that one person doesn't get any money.

<long pause>

Jillian: I know.

Andrew: Right? So? It's ok, though. Whatever.

Jillian: And they went all that way, and all that...

Andrew: I know, but...

Jillian: 120 divided into three... LOL... SHHHHHH...

Andrew: You don't do that.

Jillian: LOL... I'm just kidding, we're not allowed!

Andrew: Obviously.

They then go back to talking about what would have happened if Peter had used the veto, and how Peter didn't want to use it because he would have lost Emmitt's trust.

So, to clarify, if first place is 100K, then second place must be 20K (replacing the stipend, probably). Alec won 10K, plus he gets his stipend.