Dance Challenge

Just heard that Joey McIntyre is going to parlay his "Dancing With the Stars" experience by being a judge of an amateur dance contest on "Good Morning America" on Friday, July 8.

This was on the GMA website:

On Tuesday's "Around the Watercooler," "Good Morning America" anchors talked about the entries for the "Greatest Dancer in America Challenge." The finalists will be squaring off on Friday's show. Among the judges for the final dance-off will be "Dancing With the Stars" Joey McIntyre.

I'm sure it's too late for most Morty posters but John O'Hurley and Charlotte Jorgensen are about to kick off the beginning of "Good Morning America's" Dance Week by helping to judge the first dance competition in GMA's "Greatest Dancer in America Challenge." These dance contests were suppose to take place last Friday but with current events in London and hurricane news, GMA bumped the dance feature until today.

Joey McIntyre was suppose to be one of the judges last Friday so I'm not sure if he's still going to be part of the dance week. Sorry about the last minute notice but I just found out myself. Good to see John and Charlotte are making the talk show circuit with their amazing ambassadorship to ballroom dancing.

Interviewed by Diane Sawyer and Charlie Gibson, John O'Hurley still displayed his amazing sense of humor in talking about the show and its amazing popularity. John O'Hurley said he gets more name recognition now for being John O'Hurley over previously being called J. Peterman. He said he didn't mind the J. Peterman moniker because he owns the J. Peterman Company. John was showing off his new waistline from losing a little over 20 pounds thanks to the dance workout during the show.

John and Charlotte danced a quickstep for the morning show but the floor space was miniscule. John said they had to modify the dance severely to fit on the dance surface. He said, "If we can dance it here, we can dance it anywhere." And he was so right! Several of his dance pass patterns were cut down to baby steps from lack of room to move on the tiny makeshift dance floor. Charlie and Diane came out and separated John and Charlotte so they could dance with them. Charlie had to demand Diane let go of John and stop dancing because she was having too much fun. Diane just squealed, "I want to 'Dance with the Stars!'"

I'm going to create another post about the winners from today's competition because I know them . . . particularly Tatiana! I was so excited to see them perform and then win the contest! I've known Tatiana since she was a little girl. She used to dance with a young man named Parker Dearborn who was the stepson of Michael Kiehm, the owner of the dance studio where I danced. She used to follow me around like a puppy. She is the sweetest and bubbliest young person you would ever have the fortune to meet. I just sent off a congratulatory email to her so I'm hoping to hear from her soon.

I heard from the dance couple last night and they are so excited. They also verified the GMA dance contest schedule so the schedule below should be correct now:

GMA Dance Week Schedule:

[*]Tuesday:

[*]Wednesday:

[*]Thursday:

[*]Friday: Grand Finale

The finalists from all four categories will be squaring off in in final competition.

Boy h8 you really called it. john is already judging?! Good for him!

Did they asking him about coming in second?

They skimmed over the topic on "Good Morning America" because I think they wanted to concentrate on the dance contest. They mentioned his second place finish but highlighted his winning addition of humor, style and grace to the show. Then, John and Charlotte did their condensed version of the quickstep on an itty bitty dance floor. Next, they were off to the featured dance competition which my little dance friend and her partner won unanimously! Bravo!

However, the same can not be said of the ladies on "The View!' They went on and on about John and Charlotte being 'robbed' of the title and they pestered him into admitting his true feelings about the title loss. I think it was Star Jones or Meredith Vieira who needled him with "C'mon, you can't tell me you don't resent it a little." At first, he tried to take the gracious route but soon gave way to saying, "I won't say I didn't go through a little cardiac arrest when they announced it. They said 'We were the team to beat' but I didn't think the judges meant they would find a way to make that happen!"

"The View" also had a larger dance floor surface for John and Charlotte to demonstrate their graceful dance moves. They were fabulous to watch until the end when John got a little laxed on supporting Charlotte on the final drop. The good news is, although he was shaky, he didn't drop her and the showman that he is just camped it up for the camera and the audience. He used humor effectively to make light of his flub. Charlotte came up pretty fast and took her index finger and tweaked him on the nose. It turned out to be a cute moment in the end. It was similar to the moment Kelly's flub on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" provided to showcase her humor.

They also spent a little camera time on Mrs. John O'Hurley who is drop dead gorgeous and appears a tad bit younger than John. The ladies remarked on her 'sacrifice' of letting John dance and practice all those hours with another woman. They also mentioned how similar the two women (Charlotte and Mrs. O'Hurley) looked in appearance. One of the women of "The View" finally remarked what was abundantly clear . . . the hours spent in the arms of a professional dance instructor only benefits the wife/significant other in the long run. Now, she doesn't have to go through the awkwardness of waiting for John to develop a strong dance lead or learn the various dances. In addition, John has lost over 20 pounds while learning how to move on and 'off' the dance floor! :wink:

JordanTatiana5w.jpg

Tatiana Mollmann and Jordan Frisbee

How sweet is Tatiana and Jordan, the winners of today's "Good Morning America's" Dance Challenge? I wrote them an email today to congratulate them on their win and wish them luck in the Grand Finale and I just received an email from them within 24 hours. With all they have to do in New York City, they took the time to jot me a quick email to say hi and thank me for cheering them on. Now that's just nice young people! I can't wait to hear from Tatiana afterwards to see if they can give me any inside dirt or behind-the-scenes at 'GMA' to share with everyone.

Just finished "Good Morning America" and it's hard for me to believe the dance talent they've chosen to represent the best in America is truly the best. I've seen better dancers in most clubs. Yesterday's competition in tap dancing also showed little promise or competition to Tatiana and Jordan winning the Grand Finale.

Today, only one dancer came close and he did win the Individual Freestyle Contest. So far, he is the only true competition to my favorites winning the whole prize. I must admit that he really IS a true dance threat. He was absolutely amazing! I found myself wishing they let him dance a little longer because his moves were phenomenal. He called his dance style fierce and 'street.'

Tomorrow, it's kid's day on the 'GMA' dance stage so it'll be interesting to see what type of dancing the younger set brings to the competition. Friday is the Grand Finale with all the finalists. I predict it's going to be a dance off between the Couples Dance winners, Tatiana and Jordan and the Individual Freestyle winner today.

Before I get into my impression on the Kids Dancing Competition on "Good Morning America," I had a thought about that "Dancing with the Stars II" celebrity wish list. I can think of one celebrity who I would stay tuned every week to see, has the talent to win the disco-ball trophy and is more than likely available for the show . . . Wayne Brady!!!!!!!

I can see him mastering both the smooth ballroom style and the crisp sharp Cuban hip action of Latin. He has the humor of a John O'Hurley, has a sexy but Disney-rated family type of appeal and enough dance experience to make it interesting. Speaking of Disney, that might be the only hindrance to him signing up. Disney was the company that cancelled Brady's talk show despite decent ratings to make room for their new talk show wonder boy, Tony Danza.

Okay, I'm with Lauren on the "When I'm wrong, I admit it" school of thought. I mentioned prior that the 'Kids Dancing Competition' would be no threat in the Grand Finale. I could not have been more wrong. The 'Kids Competition' was fierce! In the contest were two sets of brother/sister combinations and one trio of young girls who were spinning virtuosos.

I really thought two of the competing teams could a pose a real threat to Tatiana and Jordan. The spinning trio and the last brother/sister dance duo were truly amazing and could have easily won the Grand Finale. However, the three judges in 'GMA's Kids Dance Competition were three of the young people from the new hot film, "Mad Hot Ballroom."

Not sure I would have trusted the final decision to three such young dancers but I was so proud to see they really didn't get intimidated by the judging process. They went instead with the adorable brother/sister combo who was closer to their age and possibly not as polished as the other two competitors. One young dance judge even gave sound reasons for selecting the pint-sized dance duo. He said he liked their dance connection because of their facial expressions as well as their footwork.

So today is the Grand Finale and although I'm still rooting for my sweet Tatiana and Jordan to take home the prize, I could easily see these young kids dancing off with the trophy. I also won't be heart broken if the amazing young man who danced his brand of 'fierce street' individual freestyle captures the judges eye. Good luck to all the dancers!

So today is the Grand Finale and although I'm still rooting for my sweet Tatiana and Jordan to take home the prize' date=' I also won't be heartbroken if the amazing young man who danced his brand of 'fierce street' individual freestyle captures the judges eye. Good luck to all the dancers!

[b']Believe it or not, after watching "Good Morning America" all week, I fell asleep right before the Grand Finale! I had to ask who the winner was so I could post it here. Unfortunately, my favs, Tatiana and Jordan, did not win the Grand Finale but the young man who I predicted as their competition did win the contest. His freestyle 'fierce street' dance style was truly amazing in the preliminaries so congrats to the young talented 12-year-old hip-hop dancer!

Okay H8's that's pretty sad when you start quoting yourself! :P :wink:

Well, you hit the nail on the head . . . I was sad! :cry: :wink: Actually, just refreshing my memory and you know how fast that goes? What was I saying?

:rofl

My brain hurts from listing all the Emmy nominations so I plead fatigue in the line of duty! :?

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name