Who Would You like to See on the Show?

Here's a question that was posed on the ABC "Dancing with the Stars" message board and I thought was a thought-provoking one. Thanks to the rating boon for ABC, it looks like 'Dancing' will probably get a second season. Who would you like to see compete on the new season?

Some of their answers are interesting while others are just too outrageous to even consider. John Travolta doing this show is probably NEVER going to happen but I guess we can dream. Others suggested Richard Gere (or Gear as they posted) but again, not very likely. Another one brought up is Kevin Bacon. Yeah, right.

I think more realistically they would again go to the world of reality programming for one contestant, the soaps for yet another and one actor/actress from an ABC series. I'd love to see Sean Hayes or Eric McCormack from "Will & Grace." (even though they're on a NBC show) I'm not familiar with the soaps so the only ones I can think of are Vincent Irizarry, Michael E. Knight and Susan Lucci. Kelly Ripa was one of the suggestions but when would she find the time?

Another suggestion by one of the posters was Tony Danza. I would prefer seeing Craig Ferguson from "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" give his adorable Scottish twist to the show. Another talk show host I would love to see is Ellen DeGeneres but they'd never get her in those outfits but I would bet she'd put on a great show! I would love to see Ted Danson throw his hat into the ring because I know he's a pretty good dancer (see "Cousins" or "Body Heat").

Okay, I'm done straining my brain and I noticed I have a predominantly male roster. Let's hear your suggestions or wish list for future Fred and Gingers. (For those youngins', that's Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers).

H8 -- I kinda figured they were playing a little loose with the rules -- especially Rachel Hunter's last dance to the theme song from Austin Powers. I cant imagine anybody doing that femmebot routine in a real competition.

Noodle arms -- TOO FUNNY

As for who I would like to see on the next version, I agree they will probably follow a similiar format with casting another abc soap person, probably one athlete, one model, one comedian (hopefully NOT ralphy May LOL) and one reality tv person.

From ABC I would really love to see Alicia Minshew give it a shot (Kendall, All My Children) She is tall, thin and very graceful on tv, so I suspect that she would be a somewhat natural. But thats tough, one thing that Kelly (and I think Joey) had going against them is that they are currently working. John O'Hurley probably cleared his schedule to concentrate on this -- or at least he certainly isnt working those long soap hours -- so who knows which soap could afford to scale back one of its stars and which star would want to work the extra hours.

Reality star -- dont kill me here but maybe Amber Mariano? (is she using her married name now??) Or maybe Katrina from the Apprentice? Alicia Calloway or Gervase peterson from Survivor. (the casting needs to be a little more diverse next time)

Model -- How about the calvin Klein guy that was on Surreal Life. I cant remember is name but gosh he is nice on the eyes.

Athlete -- I would rather see someone from baseball or maybe a Quaterback -- not a boxer, that was totally horrible and I felt embarrassed for Evander. The two that come to mind are Cal Ripken (he has the most beautiful blue eyes and he always was good on his feet) or either Steve Young or Joe Montana both former QB's for the 49ers. If they could scrambe to multiple superbowl championships I would imagine they would be good dancers as well. Jerry Rice also comes to mind as well as darn I cant remember the guys name he played on the cowboys and he tried to play professional baseball. He is now a commentator on one of the weekend football shows and is always well dressed. Uggh I cant think of his name but his is very vocal and controversial so his attitude would be interesting. Wayne Gretzky also comes to mind.

Comedian -- that ones rough because I guess I cant think of too many but the first person that popped into my mind was Michael Richards ?? the guy that played Kosmo Kramer on Seinfeld. Or maybe patricia Heaton or Brad Garret from everybody loves raymond (Heaton just signed a deal with abc for her own show so she now is affiliated with the netword) Craig Ferguson would be WONDERFUL but would CBS let him do it??

I guess Joeys category would be former star?? How about the guy from Saved by the Bell Mario Lopez. Or marilu henner or Jeff Conway from Taxi? Jeff had some good moves in the movie Grease. Maybe Phoebe Cates (she was in Fast Times at Ridgemont High and is married to Kevin Klein)

Guest ranster627

My wish list may seem weird to you all but I would like to see Genie Francis and Brad Garrett dance ... I may actually watch the show!

My real heart would lie with various Sci Fi show stars but I won't bore you with it ....

One other thought for me is "Ellen"!

Genie Francis would never do anything for abc. She was treated horrifically by the powers that be at GH. And about a year ago she pretty much tore them a new one in an interview she gave in I think it was TV Guide.

The guy who played Data -- I am bad at names is it Brett Spiner. I bet he would be good -- he definately would have the posture part down!! :D

Guest ranster627

And Brad Garrett might be good ... he did a lot of dancing on Everybody Loves Raymond ...

The guy who played Data -- I am bad at names is it Brett Spiner. I bet he would be good -- he definitely would have the posture part down!! :D

Lauren - You just read my mind! I was thinking of Brent Spiner because of his grace and for Ranster who might enjoy watching if it featured one of his sci-fi players. I may not enjoy sci-fi but I have so many geek friends who keep me up on the players and their plot lines. Using sci-fi as a field of dancers, here's a few I could name:

Men

• Scott Bakula - "Star Trek's" Captain Jonathan Archer & "Quantum Leap's" Dr. Sam Beckett
  • Kevin Sorbo - Hercules
  • Brent Spiner - Data
  • LeVar Burton - Lieutenant/Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge
  • Jonathan Frakes - Commander William T. Riker
  • John de Lancie - Q
  • Robert Picardo - Emergency Medical Hologram
  • Wil Wheaton - Ensign Wesley Crusher
  • Rene Auberjonois - Constable Odo
Women
  • Nana Visitor - Major/Colonel Kira Nerys
  • Jolene Blalock - Subcommander T'Pol
  • Linda Park - Ensign Hoshi Sato

They could never ever get Patrick Stewart as much as I would love him and if they picked Nana or Levar it would be a romp I think. I know nana was in Chicago on broadway and I thought Levar has been on broadway as well....ah then again so has joey and he didnt do that well.....

Thats a pretty good list h8.

They could never ever get Patrick Stewart as much as I would love him and if they picked Nana or Levar it would be a romp I think.  I know nana was in Chicago on broadway and I thought Levar has been on broadway as well....ah then again so has joey and he didnt do that well.....

Thats a pretty good list h8.

I try . . . I try. I put Patrick Stewart on top because he's already had some ballroom experience with the making of his movie, "Let It Be Me."

Who I'd give my right arm to see is the man, the derri

Guest ranster627

Well I was impressed seeing all those familiar names ... (if you quote me colour me green :P ) ... even though I am not a fan of all of them ...

I would like to see Robert Picardo (the Holgraphic Doctor from Voyager) and Kate Mulgrew (?) ... she may even qualify in the Soaps category as she was Mary from Ryan's Hope (an old ABC Soap)!

By the way, I was one of those "kill wesley" trekkers ... now Cirroc Lifton (sp) from DS9 would be interesting ...

Johnathon Frakes is married to Genie Francis so that would be an interesting competition!

I suspect that Frakes wouldnt do an Abc show after they dissed his wife. According to the article, they basically told her she was too fat to be a soap "star" anymore and Frons has publically stated that he prefers ABC daytime use women under 40. The way the article read, if her husband wasnt as nice as he is he probably would have popped someone right in the nose.

Off topic -- they seem like they are very very very much in love. They make a very cute and happy couple!

As for who I would like to see on the next version, I agree they will probably follow a similiar format with casting . . . one comedian (hopefully NOT ralphy May LOL) . . .
You never know . . . Ralphie May might just be light on his feet! Brad Garrett would be a hoot but you'd have to find a very tall female partner for him because of his height. Ballroom tries to create a picture and a unity of line similar to ice dancing. He might overpower a smaller female dancer. Moving to the music arena, I'd pay good money to see Usher take to the dance floor but doubt that's ever going to happen.

From ABC I would really love to see Alicia Minshew give it a shot (Kendall, "All My Children") She is tall, thin and very graceful on tv, so I suspect that she would be a somewhat natural.

Well now that Dancing has become the number one show of the summer..

A. I wouldnt be surprised if they try to do another one as a mid-season replacement for something that flops

and

B. we are going to see bigger names opting to do the show.

I dont know its the decline of movie goers, the increase in home viewing options but it seems that more "movie stars" are now moving to television/considering television as a viable option. Its pushing some of the older "television stars" to look at daytime as an option -- Joan Van Ark, corbin bernson, linda gray, Lorenzo lamas have all been on daytime in the last year and talk shows -- ellen degeneres and megan mulhaley. So we are seeing the "use to bes" doing reality -- surreal life, hit me baby one more time etc. I could see some people who havent been big in a while but are still known trying to head off the possibility of becoming a "use to be" decide that doing this show would be good for them-- its classy (you arent locked in a house where you are put through stupid scenarios ala Surreal), doesnt take more than a two month committment, and it gives you a skill that you might be able to use down the road. IMHO there are quite a number of people on our lists that would seriously consider it if asked, especially if something good (new options or commercial work) comes out of this for Kelly or John.

• 8 months later...

Lisa Rinna as co-host??? I don't know if that's such a good idea. I'm pretty neutral on her, but I might be the only one. It seem like most people either love her, or hate her, and there are plenty that hate her! And the thing they hate most about her? Her loud, obnoxious voice!

As I said, I can take her, or leave her. I wouldn't mind all her yelling, if she didn't do it into a micorphone! I'm also not sure if she'd be able to interview the contestants, and not always turn in back to herself, and her own experience...

Ah, whatever -- they could have master P be co-host, and I'd still watch!

Donny would be ok -- how about Marie too?

Now I know where I read it Ivy! Right here on Mortys, this is it...Dade had posted this in the Lisa Rinna thread right here in the Dancing Forum:

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

A RINNA-LOSE SITUATION: Lisa Rinna may have something better to show for her Dancing with the Stars run than that ugly trophy Drew Lachey had to lug home. Sources at the ABC show tell the New York Post that the Soap Talk sexpot is stepping in as Tom Bergeron's cohost for Season 3, replacing Samantha Harris (who herself is rumored to be bound for Good Morning America).

I would love to see Jenna Elphman and Thomas Gibson ( Dharma and Greg), Julianna Margulies, Eriq La Salle, Mekhi Phifer, Maria Bello, Goran Visnjic (Luka), Noah Wyle, Linda Cardellini all from ER...bring back George Clooney too...shoot just do an all ER Season 3 special...

I'm not sure I have a "who" but I do have a "what"...Break Dancing!

Although I do enjoy watching some of these D-lists cut a rug, I would really like to see them bust move.

Can you see John Hurley doing the worm. How funny would that be? I know it's not "competition style ballroom" but really. In my opinion, some would look somewhat less robotic (Master P)if they were allowed to get a little funky and some of the others would fall completely off thier high horses.

Besides, I think it would be funny...and get my husband to stop making the gagging noises when it comes on.

I'm not sure I have a "who" but I do have a "what"...Break Dancing!

Although I do enjoy watching some of these D-lists cut a rug, I would really like to see them bust move.

Can you see John Hurley doing the worm. How funny would that be? I know it's not "competition style ballroom" but really. In my opinion, some would look somewhat less robotic (Master P)if they were allowed to get a little funky and some of the others would fall completely off thier high horses.

Besides, I think it would be funny...and get my husband to stop making the gagging noises when it comes on.

Oh please send that suggestion to ABC...I love it....and I want to see QW doing the funky butt...

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name