John Cochran

Guest 6Borders

Guest 6Borders

Cochran

john_cochran.jpg

Name (Age): John Cochran (25)

Tribe Designation: Bikal

Previous Season: Survivor: South Pacific – 13th castaway voted out/5th Jury Member

Current Residence: Washington, D.C.

Personal Claim to Fame: Flipping on my tribe, being reluctant to take off my shirt on day one of Survivor: South Pacific.

Inspiration in Life: My Family – for supporting and putting up with me.

Hobbies: Beatles music, guitar and Survivor.

Pet Peeves: Self-entitlement and lack of a sense of humor.

3 Words to Describe You: Brilliant, insecure and neurotic.

If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? 1) Frisbee – It’s fun and doubles as a dish. 2) Cards – To pass the time. 3) Sketchpad – I like to doodle!

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I have the humor of Rob Cesternino, the intelligence of Yul Kwon and the candor of Jonathan Penner.

Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I love Survivor! I’ve watched it, talked about it, studied it, written about it and dreamt about it for half my life.

Why You Think You’ll “Survive” SURVIVOR: I’m too passionate about Survivor to let harsh elements, starvation, sleep deprivation and abrasive tribe mates deter me from lasting all 39 days.

Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: Having played once before, I know the sorts of mistakes I’m susceptible to making. I didn’t win the last time I played and I have no desire to repeat history. I still know more about Survivor than virtually anyone else who’s ever played the game. Now I feel more mentally and psychologically prepared to put my theoretical knowledge of the game into practice.

Guest 6Borders

Definitely my favorite out of everyone there. I hope he wins the whole darn thing. I always root for a newbie when there are returning players but there is not one of the newbies who deserves it or is remotely likeable so far!

He realized that Matt and Mike were a linked force and while it weakened his tribe to get rid of him, it was good strategy. Also he sussed out that Matt absolutely did not have the idol. He has gotten people smart which he was not the first season

Guest 6Borders

He really is a student of the game and I hope he can survive being on this weak tribe. It might work to his advantage have the 3 macho idiots (Reynold, Eddie and Malcolm) on the other tribe!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 6Borders

I was so happy for him last night, he totally rocked that challenge and he deserved to do the happy dance.

The fact that he beat Malcolm was even sweeter.

John Boy was ONE HAPPY CAMPER ! :2thumbsup:

Even though he lost by a split second.... I thought Malcolm looked genuinely happy for the kid. JMHO

(side comment... I can sooo see this young man as a character actor in TV or film)

• 2 weeks later...

Cochran is kicking ass. Two individual immunities and his social game is flawless. Being the smartest player out there could be the one thing that brings him down. I hope not. I'm all in on a Cochran win.

Oh yeah . . . and he had the best line of the night. "More often than you might think"