Rent the DVDs!!!

Guest XandraSkye

What TV Show Do You Recommend I Watch on DVD?  

1. 1. What TV Show Do You Recommend I Watch on DVD?

• Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    • Friends
    • Felicity
    • Angel
    • Fraiser
    • Quantum Leap
    • Sex and the City
    • Once and Again
    • X-Files
    • Other

Guest XandraSkye

There are some great TV Shows on the air right now but, sadly, there are some great shows that are no longer with us.

This poll has a list of TV Shows that have ended but live on in DVD. Which one would you tell a friend, or even just an aquintance, "Go buy/rent this DVD...today!!!"? Most of these shows either have all their TV seasons on DVD or most on DVD with the rest on their way.

And, of course, I added the 'Other' option for the many shows that I could not include on this poll.

Guest ranster627

Mango, I will send Mulder and Scully to find it ...

Tough list to pick just one ... but I went with X Files.

Guest XandraSkye

Mango: Shoot, I did want to include "Dawson's Creek" I probably should of put that in place of "Once and Again"...even though "Once and Again" was a DAMN good show. But, that's also why I put "Other" on there.

Also, the poll is just for fun and to be used as guide or a reminder. I welcome everyone to include the other shows they would recommend in a post.

I voted for "Buffy" because I love that show and I became a fan late. It was already in the middle of the 7th season when I was lucky enough to catch the first episode on FX and I became hooked. Now I'm rewatching the entire series on DVD and I even own seasons 5-7.

Guest ranster627

I would highly recommend Relic Hunter ... not sure it is out on DVD, but I picked up this great show after it was cancelled and love love love it!

Guest XandraSkye
I would highly recommend Relic Hunter ... not sure it is out on DVD, but I picked up this great show after it was cancelled and love love love it!

I checked TVTome.com and according to them there is a "Best of Seasons 1 & 2" 5 disc set on DVD. Came out in 2003.

Guest GaYToR

I didn't see QaF or OZ in the list. OZ is a fantastic series start to finish and one of the best things HBO has ever done.

But of what you have listed, Quatum Leap would be the top of my list.

Is OZ out on DVD yet? I saw some of this series and I agree. It's the best series HBO has created... I was sooo bummed when I found out that it was cancelled. And, then to top it off I missed the last 3 eppy's... D'OH.

Guest GaYToR

CeCi I know some seasons are on DVD, but not sure if all ?5? are. And WOW the last 3 eppys. You missed so much. Amazing how quickly the writers closed out some major storylines. With a few, no SEVERAL shocks to go with them.

I haven't checked how many seasons are out at this time but could be the whole series.

If anyone wants to get me a present, I can't think of a better one :rofl

Guest XandraSkye
Is OZ out on DVD yet?

Yes, you can either buy or rent the Seasons 1 - 4 right now and Season 5 is said to be released in June 2005, according to TVShowsOnDVD.com.

Guest XandraSkye
I didn't see QaF or OZ in the list. OZ is a fantastic series start to finish and one of the best things HBO has ever done.

But of what you have listed' date=' Quatum Leap would be the top of my list.

[b']I only had 10 spaces so that's why I did the 'Other' option so people could add their $.02 of what they would of put on that list. It was my poll so I put down shows I know of. This way I get to hear from all of you what you like and maybe add it to my "TV Shows on DVD I Want to Rent" list.

I LOVE Quantum Leap too. I would definitely recommend watching the DVDs if you are Sci-Fi lover or like anything to do with Time Travel, like I do.

Guest Anonymous

Great poll, Xandra. You are the poll queen today! :D

I picked Buffy, I watched that show from start to end (one of the few I remained loyal to). I have most of the dvds for it and enjoy watching the cast and their characters mature and grow into their rolls. One of the best series ever. I think you had mentioned that it never received an Emmy, that's just typical! Sci fi shows are rarely ever rewarded for anything (except maybe their special effects).

I also wanted to hit the "other" button because I'd also buy dvds of South Park and yay, I also loved "OZ". But then again, I love most of what comes out of HBO.

I don't know if you are already watching, but I highly recommend that when Desperate Housewives comes out, you totally get into it!

I missed the first 14 episodes and finally got my hands on the episodes I missed from tapes of a friend. I am soooooo glad I did. It took me two weeks to catch up, but I did and now it is my favorite show and I am firmly planted in my chair every Sunday night to watch it with bells on!!!

I will be buying the DVD! Gotta have those deleted scenes and out takes! Can't wait! :lol::lol:

Thanks Gaytor and XS on the OZ dvd info. Guess I know what one of my summer viewings will be.

• 2 weeks later...

If you werent limiting it to shows no longer on the air I would have to say......RESPECT MY AU-- THOR --- ITY!! South Park

I mean where else can you find such classics as Cartman gets an a%al probe, Fat Butt and Pancake Head, and Sexual Harrassment Panda??

But since you didnt include South Park on you list all I have to say is, You B%stard, You killed Kenny!! :wink: