Sign in to follow this  
Phil-o-mania

The Weaver Family

how many times do you hear them bring up their father? The only times it is really an issue is when CBS sends them to race tracks. And you best believe if they sent me to a place not once but twice that brought up the memory of my father getting SMASHED by a race car I would be pretty upset too.

Didn't their father die just one year ago? Are they supposed to get over that HUGE loss in their young lives already, and avoid talking about it so as to not annoy other people?

Shoot! When my dog died, we kept bringing him up in conversation, feeling sad, and missing him every time something reminded us of our little buddy for a couple years, like it just happened. If anything...Kudos to them and their mom, for joining a race and having the strength to complete tasks that were painful reminders of how their dad died.

Ps. And I haven't heard them bringing Dad up all that much either.

Edited by Soyyo

Then they should not have entered the race. They signed the release so all is fair in TV land.

hmm so because their father died they should justt shut down from the rest of the world? So what if they talk about the dead father.. Hate them for being hypocrites, hate them talking shit about the others. But to take Jabs at them for still mourning the loss of their father? Seems you have no reason to be criticizing them for anything

I understand that it must be difficult for them still grieving the loss of their dad but they are so so snotty!

they are catty when people try to say something nice.

again i wonder why ALL the teams dislike them so much!

So they say they are being discriminated by the others because they are christians. I'm sure they arent the only family on the race that are christians. im sure everyone else is too.

hmm so because their father died they should justt shut down from the rest of the world? So what if they talk about the dead father.. Hate them for being hypocrites, hate them talking shit about the others. But to take Jabs at them for still mourning the loss of their father? Seems you have no reason to be criticizing them for anything

Talk about a HUGE step towards moving on!...that's what the Weavers are doing. Even if they're not likable, one has to give them some points just for daring to join this race.

I Think it's commendable that they had the guts to do so. Completing the challenges that force them to face and deal with the pain of their father's passing, as a family, is the best therapy ever! This experience could be life saving for them...why knock them down for still mourning their dad, also? That's a cheap shot.

If it bothers anyone...there's a "mute" button on the remote... (oh shoot! here I go "enlightening" again about the obvious...sorry :blush: LOL!)

Talk about a HUGE step towards moving on!...that's what the Weavers are doing. Even if they're not likable, one has to give them some points just for daring to join this race.

I Think it's commendable that they had the guts to do so. Completing the challenges that force them to face and deal with the pain of their father's passing, as a family, is the best therapy ever! This experience could be life saving for them...why knock them down for still mourning their dad, also? That's a cheap shot.

If it bothers anyone...there's a "mute" button on the remote... (oh shoot! here I go "enlightening" again about the obvious...sorry :blush: LOL!)

Its definatly awesome that they are doing this as a family while still getting over their father. But that is not a free pass to suck.

Its definatly awesome that they are doing this as a family while still getting over their father. But that is not a free pass to suck.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I am in 110 percent agreement.

I did not ask for a "free pass to suck" for them, LOL! Just not to knock them down for mourning their dad still, (again, that's a cheap shot) when there seems to be tons of more stuff they do and say that makes them unpopular ;)...why pick on that too?

By the way...I loved your "free pass to suck" comment and I'll be using it around here when I hear lame excuses from my guys cuz I think it's hilarious. Thanks for the cool quip LOL :D!

Edited by Soyyo

I did not ask for a "free pass to suck" for them, LOL! Just not to knock them down for mourning their dad still, (again, that's a cheap shot) when there seems to be tons of more stuff they do and say that makes them unpopular ;)...why pick on that too?

By the way...I loved your "free pass to suck" comment and I'll be using it around here when I hear lame excuses from my guys cuz I think it's hilarious. Thanks for the cool quip LOL :D!

aw, thanks! im flattered.

i wasnt saying you asked for a free pass for them to suck, they think they do

Edited by mikede

AGREED 150%!!!!

They do suck and not in a good way!

I honestly believe a lot of the hate from other teams to the Weavers has to do at the pit stops. I'm guessing the Weavers keep to themselves and dont mingle much with other teams as other teams have said. Because when the mom confronted the Paolo son as to why they didn't like them even though they had been friendly before they Yielded them, his only reason was that it's just a race. If they sucked that bad that would have seemed a great opportunity to let them know and believe me that kid has not been a loss for words this whole race. But he didn't. Hmmm!

The religion thing doesn't bother me as they don't try to foist it on others. Hypocrites? probably..but nowhere near the level I've seen some fanatics.

I've said before I really don't hate any team or has any team did anything I think was completey overboard. Well except that Branson girl when she pulled down her pants and mooned the Linz dude. Not too much the fact she didi it as the fact she did it with her dad in the car..That wiered me out.

Im sorry, but when everyone else heaps Sh*t onto you, you have to find a way to heap it back.

The Weavers are reacting in a way any normal person would, by lashing out in thier own way (which, admit it, we all do).

Its so easy to judge someone on television, and considering the high stress environment added to general resentment, I too would grow angry and generally mean spirited.

When I think about it, if I were ever in the race, i'd swear like an Irishman and make fun of others as well. Frankly, we all would- espeically if we were outcasts and had no one but ourselevs to rely on for a smile.

... when the mom confronted the Paolo son as to why they didn't like them even though they had been friendly before they Yielded them, his only reason was that it's just a race. If they sucked that bad that would have seemed a great opportunity to let them know and believe me that kid has not been a loss for words this whole race. But he didn't. Hmmm!...

Great point Stephen! where was his big mouth then? You'd think he'd go to town on her enumerating EVERYTHING her family has done to tick all others off so much. Why miss the chance to rip her a new one infront of the camera? Hmmmmm....

...when everyone else heaps Sh*t onto you, you have to find a way to heap it back.

The Weavers are reacting in a way any normal person would, by lashing out in thier own way (which, admit it, we all do). Its so easy to judge someone on television, and considering the high stress environment added to general resentment, I too would grow angry and generally mean spirited.

... if I were ever in the race, i'd swear like an Irishman and make fun of others as well. Frankly, we all would- espeically if we were outcasts and had no one but ourselevs to rely on for a smile.

So true UZ :P, If treated like the Weavers, I'd prolly be paranoid and on the defensive all the time and lash out at any of them for even saying something as innocent as... "good morning"...cuz I'd be thinking..."what do they really mean by that?...Bastards!"... LOL!

If anyone on this board listens to rap music. . . don't criticize the Weavers.

Let me explain. . .

Every music awards show, rap artists get up on stage and what is the first thing they do?? They thank their Lord & Savior Jesus Christ. We all know they drink, curse, fight, shoot each other, etc.

Is what the Weavers are doing any different??

show me proof that this all was started by the Weavers then I might understand your "and well they should" remark. Obviously the other teams cannot take the heat and deal with it. IF they care calling the Weaver Mom a bitch. The other teams are no better

Again, the other teams are not putting up a front, they are not pretending to be perfect bible thumpers, but that is all you hear out of the Weavers, they try to make themselves sound so superior and then they act like the least christian of the bunch. I wouldnt have a problem with their mouths if they didnt pretend to be so perfect and above everyone else.

Again as was said many times, every team has their faults but none of the other teams are pretending to be something they obviously are not

Nebartist, I just want to say that I love your avatar. I watched Trading Spouses last night and I've never seen a woman that scared me more than Margaret. :)

i could give a holy communion waifer if they are christians or wickens

what i dont like about them is the fact that they think when they say mean things to or about the other teams or tell boat drivers to drive slow or tell guards at gates to give long histories about the grand canyon etc...that it is okay but if the other team makes a comment to them they act like that is just the worst thing anyone could do and that because they are christians that they would never be so mean to anyone!

they are hypocrites and that is what is so distasteful about them.

you dont see the other teams really getting all that upset when they do stuff like that --they are just like--hey its a game and we can play just as dirty...

I really dislike the weavers--maybe the dad commited suicide to get away from that bunch---i know i know a bit harsh but the thought made me chuckle

Neb and Weavers lovers - Watch CBS.com video beta. Its gives more insight to the teams and why the weavers are disliked by everyone. They did it all to them selves

At 1st I felt sorry for the Weaver's having lost their dad & all & then having to go to Talladega Race track.

But....after listening to them pray to God for the win (or guidance to the next marker god-willing :rolleyes: ) while saying very un-christian-like things & watching them constantly commit un-christian-like acts, I don't care too much for them. Don't blame the kids, blame the mother she sets the bad example on a daily basis. Then when they made the comment to Phil about how they were all alone & nobody liked them because they don't cuss & blah blah blah I am beginning to hate them. The other teams may play just as dirty but at least they don't act like they are holier than thou.

& by the way when they were soooo upset (boo hoo wah wah) about having to drive go karts in the last leg of the race...GIVE ME A BREAK!!! It's a dang tiny little go kart on a tiny little go kart track. That is not even any where near or doesn't even come close to anything to do with driving race cars. Maybe on the next leg they will go to the Kentucky Derby & cry at the horses (I mean it is still a "race" you know :blink: horse or go kart what's the difference?)

:P:P:P:P

& by the way when they were soooo upset (boo hoo wah wah) about having to drive go karts in the last leg of the race...GIVE ME A BREAK!!! It's a dang tiny little go kart on a tiny little go kart track. That is not even any where near or doesn't even come close to anything to do with driving race cars.

It is the same thing, just slower... Both use a steering wheel and a gas pedal...Many race car drivers started out racing Go Karts...

I really dislike the weavers--maybe the dad commited suicide to get away from that bunch---i know i know a bit harsh but the thought made me chuckle

:o

That's terrible!

Think you crossed the line with this. Ruined your entire post, in my opinion.

I thought it was funny, it may even be true, who knows? FLYNWA has a right to his/her own style of humor, and I appreciate that fact.

I would also like to comment on the Weaver's crying at the race track. They had no problem watching little Rolly fly a plane now, did they? Compare going 40 mph. to going in the air over 1000 ft. Who would die faster, Mama Weaver in her little cart, or Rolly crashing to the ground?