Shawn

Shawn

shawn.jpg

Hometown: Grosse Pointe, MI

Shawn, 32, is no stranger to the television camera. She has spent the past decade working in local and network news, most recently as the morning anchor and entertainment host for an affiliate in Orlando, Fla. Often starting her work days at 2 a.m., Shawn reported on four major hurricanes in two months, hosted Central Florida's version of "American Idol," and interviewed newsmakers from Hillary Clinton to Jessica Simpson. She holds a bachelor's degree in marketing from Penn State University and is fluent in Spanish, largely thanks to the four years she lived in Mexico City with her family. Shawn devotes her spare time to the Make-A-Wish Foundation as a "Wish Granter," working to fulfill the wishes of children with life-threatening illnesses.

Source

• 5 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

lesson for tonight ... think before you speak ... never threaten to quit and then retract?

This one made perfect sense to me ... good call Martha!

lesson for tonight ... think before you speak ... never threaten to quit and then retract?

This one made perfect sense to me ... good call Martha!

I was glad when she called everyone back in and fired her! She was getting on my nerves tonight, she went from so confident to Ms. Negativity!

I was glad when she called everyone back in and fired her! She was getting on my nerves tonight, she went from so confident to Ms. Negativity!

Me too! After she saw the cake and decided it didn't meet her standards, she actually started working against her team with her negative attitude. Who the heck, did she think, would buy anything from a seller who's pretty much badmouthing her own product???!!!

And what about the PM? Poor kid really showed his inexperience by bringing in the one person who busted her butt all night (with him) to make the cake happen, and poor Dawn, who held no candle in that mess, just cuz she's a sour puss faced downer... :rolleyes:

Recap from Television Without Pity

The teams are told to design, bake, frost, and sell wedding cakes. Primarius, headed by Howie, creates a classic taupe-colored cake with sophisticated white pearlized detail. There's a smudge of drama when, after sending some of his team to an Asian wedding warehouse to do research, Howie flips out on them for accusing him of sending them on a pointless task. However, all is happy when Sarah (who? I know!) and Howie apologize, kiss, and make up. I don't know if I've ever seen that sort of mature behavior on a reality show before.

Over on Matchstick's side, Shawn gets a fondant bug up her ass about the project, consults with famous cake-maker Sylvia Weinstock, and subsequently tells the team to think pink! She also brags to Charles's cigar that Matchstick is so acing the task that if they don't win, he can personally fire her. Well -- guess what? Shawn's little ace-in-the-hole is more like a toad-in-the-hole and they don't win. They make a weird-looking cake with textured Pepto-Abysmal-pink bows, and they don't even sell a single one. NOT A SINGLE ONE! Dave, the project manager for Matchstick this week, ridiculously brings Dawn and Marcela into the conference room with him, even though it is unfathomable how he could possibly blame either of them for the team's failure. Thankfully, Martha sees how stupid this is, calls the entire stupid team back to the conference room, and ends up firing Weather Girl Shawn and her stupid preppy pinks and greens and her stupid '80s raised collars and her stupid overly frosted Suze Orman hair.