Leslie

Leslie

leslie.jpg

Hometown: Alexandria, VA

Leslie, 36, was named one of Hispanic Business magazine's "100 Most Influential Hispanic Americans" and previously served as the executive director of the White House Initiative on Hispanic Education. A former aide to U.S. Representative Henry Bonilla, Leslie spearheaded the Republican Party's first multimillion-dollar advertising campaign targeting Hispanic voters. Leslie - who once sold encyclopedias door-to-door - earned her M.B.A. from Johns Hopkins University and her undergraduate degree from George Washington University. She is the founder and CEO of Impacto Group, LLC, a communications and market research firm. A native of Texas and a frequent commentator on cable news, Leslie lives with her husband and dog Jalape

• 3 months later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Martha Slams Brakes on Marketing Whiz

by Angel Cohn

Make a note: If you are planning on inviting your car to dinner with Martha Stewart, make sure that at least the place setting looks nice. Leslie Sanchez, a 36-year-old marketing company owner from Virginia, learned that lesson the hard way on last week's The Apprentice: Martha Stewart, when the domestic diva fired her for failing to find a unique way to sell a high-end Buick. Leslie's teammate, Ryan, came up with the "Guess who's coming to dinner?" idea, but it was Leslie's execution and poor management that took the blame. TVGuide.com spoke with Leslie shortly after her firing to get her side of the story.

TVGuide.com: How hard was it watching your firing on TV?

Leslie Sanchez: It's never easy to watch something like that, but I think you have to look at it and know it's entertainment and it's edited for the purpose of making a fun TV show. If you take it with a grain of salt, it's certainly nothing that's not manageable.

TVGuide.com: Watching it, I thought that Martha's "We don't need you" send-off was one of the harsher rejections of the whole season.

Leslie: I thought I got one of the nicer ones, because Martha comes on at the end and goes "there is a company that really needs Leslie." My letter was very nice.

TVGuide.com: You do all this marketing work and research; don't you think there's a place at MSLO for that?

Leslie: That's the funny part