Dawna

Dawna

dawna.jpg

Hometown: St. Petersburg, Fla.

Dawna, 37, is the founder and publisher of "Her Sports" magazine, a national women's sports magazine that won a 2004 Charlie Award for "Best New Magazine of the Year." The Southern California native and former Olympic swimming hopeful graduated from UC Berkeley with a B.S. and earned her M.B.A. from UCLA. Before entering the publishing business, Dawna served as Chief Marketing Officer at MarineMax, a $700 million publicly traded marine retail company, where she directed all marketing activities for the company's 60 plus locations. Prior to MarineMax, she served as president and general manager of PR*Nutrition, a $20 million sports nutrition company. Dawna also spent four years as a strategy consultant for Deloitte Consulting and two years as a financial analyst for Morgan Stanley. She currently resides in St. Petersburg with her husband Matt and two dogs, Buffett and Val.

Source

• 3 months later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

A New Day Dawna's for Martha's Apprentice

by Angel Cohn

After a long, hard season on NBC'sThe Apprentice: Martha Stewart, Dawna Stone became the first (and last) winner of the one-shot reality series. Despite some complaints by Martha and her execs that she lacked creativity, Dawna beat out Bethenny Frankel (whose Q&A can be found here) for the title after pulling together her final fashion-show task. The 37-year-old Floridian was rewarded with a new car and a six-figure salary for her new job at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia's new Body + Soul magazine. TVGuide.com dished with Dawna the day after she was crowned to find out what she thinks of her new job.

TVGuide.com: How are you doing?

Dawna Stone: I'm not sure it has sunk in yet, but I'm still smiling ear-to-ear.

TVGuide.com: When do you start working?

Dawna: I don't know all the details yet. Martha was really nice and just said, "Enjoy your holidays." After the new year, I'll fly to New York and Boston to meet everybody.

TVGuide.com: Will that be hard for you and your family to just up and move?

Dawna: My husband and I