Amanda

Amanda

amanda.jpg

Hometown: Austin, Texas

Amanda, 30, is an attorney for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. She graduated magna cum laude from Texas Tech University with a bachelor's degree in public relations and earned a law degree from Texas Tech University's School of Law. During law school, Amanda served as an articles editor for the law review and participated in moot court activities. She interned with then Texas Supreme Court Justice Priscilla Owen and currently practices employment and medical malpractice law. Amanda was selected as "Woman of the Year" by the Waco, Texas chapter of Altrusa International, an association of professionals dedicated to volunteerism. An eye cancer survivor, Amanda devotes her time to community outreach and volunteering on various projects benefiting cancer research. She currently resides in Austin, Texas, with her husband Jason and dog Teddy.

Source

• 2 months later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Martha Clips Legal Eagle's Wings

by Angel Cohn

On paper, The Apprentice: Martha Stewart's Amanda Hill looks like one of the most-qualified employees for any job you could dream of. The 30-year-old Texan is an attorney who has a degree in public relations, she has survived eye cancer (and thus does a lot of volunteer work for cancer research) and she loves to cook and host parties. Heck, on the Nov. 16 episode she even was concerned that her husband was going to mess up her garden-planting! Sounds like a model Martha if we've ever seen one. Alas, Ms. Stewart was underwhelmed by Amanda's lack of enthusiasm in selling coffeemakers. Here TVGuide.com begs Amanda to spill the beans on her experience.

TVGuide.com: How is your garden? You said you were worried about what your husband might do in your absence.

Amanda Hill: [Laughs] I'm surprised they highlighted that. If you knew me, you wouldn't say "... and gardener." That's just one of my hobbies. I probably cook and entertain more than I garden.

TVGuide.com: You seem very well rounded.

Amanda: Well, thank-you. I think that was my downfall