Amy O'Hara

Jem

• 4 weeks later...

I think they should have sent Amy home last night. I know she is strong and determined, but she has hurt that ankle and it will be a major hindrence in the days/weeks to come. I have twisted my ankle like that a few times and it can take a month or better to get to where you are not favoriing it. Just walking on flat ground and stepping on a pebble will twist it all over again.

I have nothing against Amy, that is just the way it is.

I think they should have sent Amy home last night. I know she is strong and determined, but she has hurt that ankle and it will be a major hindrence in the days/weeks to come. I have twisted my ankle like that a few times and it can take a month or better to get to where you are not favoriing it. Just walking on flat ground and stepping on a pebble will twist it all over again.

There's a couple of reasons I disagree with this. She's trying to be tough and stick it out. That can do a lot for a team. I honestly believe that. I keep recalling Curt Schilling in last years World Series march. Not only, did he stick it out and perform but, he pulled the team out of a 0-4 hole to beat the Yanks and then the Cards. He got his team to rally. That's just a beginning.

She's a cop. My guess is that her obsevation skills are well honed. This could be an asset in the more cerebral challenges.

Lastly, it looks like a turned ankle, which may be tender, but there would still be a lot she could do, epecially if she finds a make-shift way to wrap it.

I see your point, but I would rather have a person on my team giving it her all at 80% than someone just plain giving 80%. Ya know what I'm saying?

It seems to me that that a hurt Amy is still worth 3 healthy Brianas. :> I think it was the right choice to vote Briana out over Amy. That ankle was swollen and had to hurt but she still made the walk to tribal council and I did not hear any complaints from her. Now if they would just get rid of that whiney Stephanie.

Yeah, waaayyy better than Brianna. Amy contributed more to that challenge with her twisted ankle than Brianna. She can only get better (I hope). She's pretty funny in a less attention-getting sort of way, and I admire her never-quit attitude.

I think it hurts her more that she's not one of the decision-makers of her tribe than her ankle does. :huh:

It seems to me that that a hurt Amy is still worth 3 healthy Brianas. :> I think it was the right choice to vote Briana out over Amy. That ankle was swollen and had to hurt but she still made the walk to tribal council and I did not hear any complaints from her. Now if they would just get rid of that whiney Stephanie.

Orion have we found a show where we agree about almost everything :)

To me, it's like Steph's last tribe. Jeff hurt himself, and instead of getting rid of Kim who never did anything in comps OR in camp, they got rid of Jeff (who was doing more around the camp then Kim), I know he asked for it, but still, he may have gotten better. Had they gotten rid of Amy it would've been deja vu and that was one of the problems with Steph's team last time around.................at least this time they've gotten rid of one strong one weak Now lets see what happens next week :)

Shucks about Amy and Gary getting shuffled in with the other tribe at 3:4. And all because they got picked to go have a chicken picnic! What an unfortunate turn of events :(

Conspiracy Theory of the Day: Isn't that weird how the immunity challenge totally played to the strengths of the team that was already down 1 member (7 to the other team's 8)? The rowboating was all upper body strength that wasn't hampered by Amy's ankle. And the tomahawk toss was basically what Gary did as a professional quarterback (even though the team didn't even need him thanks to Judd's bad aim and his 'I want to do it' insistence).

• 3 weeks later...

I found this information on Amy at www.realitytvmagazine.com...

If you thought that Gary Hogeboom was the only former professional football player on Survivor Guatemala, then think again. Amy O

Sorry to see Amy go....she has courage and is unselfish.

Her Bio on CBS says she is a former pro football player but doesn't give what league or team.

Amy was one of my favorite players.

Last week when they won that challenge with the big ball, she pushed it across the line on sheer will alone.

It's too bad she didn't at least make jury.

And I think that Gary told Amy that if she could get Danni's vote, she'd have his. Apparently he found out that she didn't have Danni's vote. The show was edited to make it seem that Danni and the hat guy

{cant remember his name} were undecided right up to tribal council. They've done that before , for the "suspense". So I kinda knew it was gonna be 4-1, one way or another, Amy or Bobby Jon.

it does to suck to see amy go, but in no way was it Gary stabbing her in the back or whatever. he made it very clear to her what he was going to do, and what he would do if danni changed her vote.

Hi from Australia.

My favourite was Amy and its sad she's gone under the circumstances.

I was just wondering if anyone knows where to get Amy's final episode from. I missed it (tv changed the airing day).

If anyone can help that would be great. :)

Jedda

Hi from Australia.

My favourite was Amy and its sad she's gone under the circumstances.

I was just wondering if anyone knows where to get Amy's final episode from. I missed it (tv changed the airing day).

If anyone can help that would be great. :)

Jedda

Hi from my desk. :)

All the media files are on the Survivor main recap page. They play with windows media player.

http://www.mortystv.com/survivor.shtml