SPOILERS - Numb3rs (CBS)

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

09/14 - Episode 3.07 - Blackout: A car crashes into an electrical substation causing sparks and flames to fill the air as several transformers explode. Robert Styles, working even against a union strike, is killed while on the phone with his wife. The team is investigating the workers that are involved in the strike as well as considering terrorism, when they find a dead man outside the substation fence and notice a prison tattoo on his neck but see that he's been cleaned out of anything that could identify him. They begin to look at the prison to see if a major power failure would benefit those convicts still inside. Lauren Warner is inside the prison getting ready to transfer a prisoner when alarms go off and the bad guys sneak in, trapping her inside.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

09/28 - Episode 3.08 - Hardball: Vince Johnson, minor league baseball player, dies during the middle of a game from an overdose of steroids. The team meets Dr. Phil Mandel, who is illegally giving out shots of the drug in exchange for money, and he makes a deal with the FBI for immunity in exchange for a list of his patients. They then track down Vince's old high school baseball coach, who admits to giving Vince the steroids and says Vince told him his secret was going to get out and when it did, he would have to give the police his name. Richard Clast, Vince's agent, and Weaver, the team trainer, are also implicated.

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER

Najimy part of 'Numbers' racket

By Nellie Andreeva

najimy_kathy80x100.jpg

Kathy Najimy

Kathy Najimy has joined the cast of CBS' crime drama "Numbers." In a recurring role, she will play the division chair of the physics, math and astronomy departments at the university where Charlie Eppes (David Krumholtz) works. She begins filming next week. For Najimy, this marks the first major onscreen series gig since her co-starring role on NBC's "Veronica's Closet." "Numbers," from Scott Free Prods. and CBS Paramount Network TV, is in its third season. Najimy, a member of the voice cast of Fox's "King of the Hill," is repped by ICM.

10/13 - Episode 3.08 - Waste Not: The FBI is called in when a sinkhole develops at Mathers Elementary as a shady construction company for whom the principal's brother-in-law works for is redoing the basketball court on the playground. Several children become trapped in the sinkhole and then a grandmotherly volunteer who is pulled in while trying to rescue a little girl dies of toxic fumes. The FBI must determine what caused the deadly fumes and who is responsible. Josh Malina is joining the cast as a federal prosecutor. He will recurr.

• 2 weeks later...

10/23 - Episode 3.10 - Brutus: Don, Colby amd David enter a hotel to speak to Senator Martin Tallman, who has been receiving death threats. Senator Tallman is later shot with a similar weapon and circumstances that then kills psychologist Paul Davis as he and his wife are having dinner at a restaurant. The man, Carlos Costavo, turns the gun on himself then walks away when it misfires, leaving the weapon on the table. Evidence leads them to Sam Finney, who has been selling guns and other weapons. The FBI begin to investigate the prison where Costavo and Finney met, where they believe some problematic drug testing on inmates in exchange for reduction in sentences is occurring. Something happens between Charlie and Larry to cause a great tension.

• 2 weeks later...

10/31 - Episode 3.11 - Killer Chat: Don and the team investigate the murders of four sexual predators and arrest John McCrary, the father of a little girl that was abused and killed by an unknown predator. They release him later and visit his son Jason, who had a list of sexual predators on his laptop, including the four that are now dead. Don gets Jason to admit that he gave the list to a man he met in his chat room online for families of victims of sexual predators. Meanwhile, Larry is going to be part of a mission with NASA.

• 3 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Kathy Najimy's New TV Role Is Anything but by the Numbers

by Angel Cohn

061117interview1.jpg

Kathy Najimy, Numbers

Fans of CBS' Numbers (Fridays at 10 pm/ET) should brace themselves, since a new professor is coming to Cal Sci, and it could mean trouble for the tenuous romance between Amita and Charlie. This week, Kathy Najimy joins the cast as Mildred French, Amita and Charlie's very driven boss. Here, the actress

• 4 weeks later...

11/20 - Episode 3.12 - Nine Wives [Airing January 5]: Charlie and Amita drive a long distance together for a conference, with Charlie happily learning more about the non-work side of her. Emmanueline Kirtland, a woman involved in plural marriages and heavily religious (cult-ish, even), gives her 14-year-old daughter to a man in his 40s to be his wife. When she goes missing, her daughter Josephine blames Abner Stone, the man she was supposed to marry. Megan questions her as to whether she and her young boyfriend, Lee Brady, hurt her mother instead to get away from her.

11/29 - Episode 3.13 - Finders Keepers: A group of junior high students are at the marina for a field trip when they discover a diver dead with a bullet hole in his wetsuit, pulled up from the ocean along with seaweed and sea life for them to look through. The investigation leads the team to a ship called Smart Luck, that went down in the ocean. As they continue to investigate, they find not only the ship but two more bodies at the bottom of the sea. After finding the missing and presumed dead owner and sailor alive and well, they learn the three deaths might have a lot more to do with terrorism than a sunken treasure.

12/08 - Episode 3.14 - Take Out: Two off-duty policemen are eating dinner when two masked men come in with guns to rob the diners. They secretly send a quick text message on the cell phone then pull out their guns on the surprised gunmen. As they are moving to handcuff the robbers, two of the other diners suddenly stand up and pull out guns of their own, firing on the unaware policemen, killing them. The four robbers then grab the loot and leave. Charlie and Millie attend a black tie reception together. David interviews Nick Jones, a prisoner courtesy of the Federal Government, to get some insight into who is doing the robberies turned murders. Don goes to see the company shrink.

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Numb3rs' Counts Down to Apollo 11

By Kate O'Hare

December 15, 2006

26747447.jpg

Buzz Aldrin

Fans of the math-based CBS crime procedural "Numb3rs" are very familiar with the outdoor bridge near the show's fictional version of FBI headquarters in Los Angeles, where the FBI agents do many of their expository walk-and-talks.

On this bright November day of filming on the bridge at the show's studios in a former office building in downtown L.A., there's a buzz in the air 8 ... literally.

In production is "Killer Chat," the episode of "Numb3rs" airing Friday, Dec. 15, and the guest star shooting his cameo appearances is Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin, who followed Neil Armstrong onto the surface of the moon in 1969.

The occasion is the departure of Cal Sci (the show's fictional version of Cal Tech) astrophysicist Dr. Larry Fleinhardt (Peter MacNichol) to take his place among the crew of an upcoming space shuttle mission.

"We were thinking," says Cheryl Heuton, who co-created the show with husband Nick Falacci, "how can we send Larry off so that it's special? And somebody said, 'You should get a real astronaut.'"

The producers put out feelers to Aldrin, Armstrong and Capt. Jim Lovell, whose trip to the moon on Apollo 13 went awry in dramatic fashion.

"They sent back that Neil hardly ever does anything," Heuton says. "Jim hardly ever does anything, but Jim did say that he likes the show. He passed only because of scheduling issues. Buzz said he'd do it, so we put Buzz in here."

Aldrin, who says he mainly watches The History Channel and Fox News, had not seen "Numb3rs," but says, "I've talked to a lot of people who have [watched the show], and they think it's a really great show."

Asked what his role is in the episode, Aldrin says, "Larry's been waiting for some indication that he's been selected for a spaceflight. Then it looked like there was some reason in his background where maybe he wouldn't be eligible. So there's disappointment -- typical up-and-down. They reversed the decision. Somebody wrote in a letter or something like that.

"So he was selected, and I guess they're going to have a countdown. When I come to pick him up, we walk off together."

"Memorable," MacNichol says of shooting the scene. "Somewhere he's been is somewhere I've never been and never am likely to get to. Most memorable. He's a sweet man with an elfin smile, and I loved every minute of it."

Larry is the mentor and best friend of Cal Sci mathematician Charlie Eppes (David Krumholtz), who uses his math skills to help his brother Don (Rob Morrow), an FBI agent, figure out difficult crimes. While Charlie initially scoffed at Larry's space ambitions, they're something that Judd Hirsch, who plays Don and Charlie's father, Alan, understands very well.

"I wanted to be an astronomer when I was a kid," Hirsch says. "I used to have scrapbooks of the planets. If I was about to go to college [then], and knew about the space program, I'm telling you, I would have been in it. I would have at least been trying."

"What was going on in your life that you didn't know about the space program?" asks Dylan Bruno, who plays FBI Agent Colby Granger.

"I did know about the space program when I grew up," Hirsch says, "but I was already too old. I almost joined the Air Force. I took the test for flying jets off Air Force carriers, but then I chickened out, went home and didn't go back."

Outside Aldrin's dressing room earlier in the day, Hirsch made a point of stopping him on the steps to say hello.

"You know what I really thought?" he says. 'I thought I'd get it wrong. I thought, 'If it's not him, I'm going to look like the prime dope of all time.'

• 2 weeks later...

12/20 - Episode 3.15 - End of Watch: The badge of missing LAPD Officer John Everett is found by kids in an empty lot. The investigation leads them to finding his body buried in the middle of the 18 Street Mexicali gang territory. Don and a police lieutenant go speak with ex-gang leader Jimmy Lopez to ask about finding the officer. Jimmy denies knowing anything about the body. Megan speaks with the officer's widow, telling her that her husband was killed with his own gun and asks if he was depressed but tells her they don't have any evidence that it was suicide. Alan is served papers and tells Charlie and Amita that he is being sued.

Numbers Rips from Headlines! Plus: A Northern Exposure Reunion

by Ileane Rudolph

070105interview1.jpg

Rob Morrow and Teri Polo, Numbers

Though there are wives aplenty, there's no "big love" in sight on tonight's Numbers (10 pm/ET, on CBS). The polygamy here is definitely not HBO-style, with its separate-but-equal housing and cuddling. "It's a ripped-from-the headlines episode spun off the case of Warren Jeffs, who was on the FBI's Most Wanted List and has dozens of underage wives," explains executive producer Cheryl Heuton. (Jeffs, who was indicted on charges of conspiracy to commit sexual misconduct with a minor in Arizona and charged with rape as an accomplice in Utah, was recently captured.)

In the episode, a severely beaten teen girl found wandering in the desert sends FBI agent Don Eppes (Rob Morrow) looking for her missing "husband," a cult leader called the Prophet, played by W. Earl Brown (aka Dan Dority on Deadwood). The Prophet wants his woman back

• 4 weeks later...

01/21 - Episode 3.16 - Contenders: Boxer Ben Ellis, one of David's friends, is under suspicion for drugs and possible murder of another boxer. With Larry up in space, Charlie is taking his seat in the Texas Hold'em Tournament. He wrote a specialized training program on his computer but is disturbed when another professor comes by his office to psych him out for the tourney. Don, Alan and Amita go to the school to watch Charlie play.

• 3 weeks later...

01/31 - Episode 3.17 - One Hour [Airing February 23]: The team, along with Liz Warner, rushes to help Che Lobo, whose son Jo was kidnapped by a man named Maloney. The case leads to a confrontation at the Staples Center.

02/16 - Episode 3.18 - Democracy: Rachel Lawton, a statistician specializing in demography, catches Charlie at the school. She seems on edge and scared when she tells Charlie that she needs his and Don's help. She gives him a paper with a list of names on it and tels him that 3 people she has worked with recently are dead and she believes whoever killed them will kill her next. The problem is, all of them have been marked as accidents or natural causes. Charlie isn't sure whether to believe her, until soon after, when Rachel is found dead and the coroner says she died from a non-accidental overdose of medication. The FBI soon lands on the doorstep of a local man running for public office. David and Colby talk with the 4th person from Rachel's list, Austin Parker, who tells them about a conspiracy to rig the voting in the election. They leave his car and watch as he begins to drive away when it suddenly explodes and is consumed in flames

• 4 weeks later...

02/23 - Episode 3.19 - Pandora's Box [Airing March 30]: A Forest Ranger is out on routine fire duty when a jet from a company called Aerodyne crashes into the forest close to him. He drives to the crash site and is horrified to see the carnage. He is looking for any survivors when he hears a noise. When rescuers arrive, they find Phil dead of gunshot wounds. The FBI is called in and begin to investigate and they find the fingerprints of one of the Aerodyne IT workers, Mike Daley, on the tampered flight computer. He claims that John Wellner, the plane's mechanic, has him install software updates from the FAA, since he's small enough to fit in the nose cone, but they find that the FAA hasn't issued any recent updates, so they have to figure out what Wellner had Daley install. After digging into his background, they find that Wellner used to run a charter business in Florida and the DEA believes he had ties with a Salvadoran drug runner. But where will the investigation go when Wellner turns up dead? Source: SpoilerFix.com

03/07 - Episode 3.20 - Burn Rate: The FBI investigates a series of bombings that are linked to ones that put a young man named Jason Aronow behind bars. Aronow tried to blow himself up in prison but did not succeed. Later, they arrest one of the prison guards for giving Aronow bomb-making materials. They find that Aronow has been corresponding with his old teacher, Louis Glaser, who has been a suspect for the bombings all along. They are able to stop several bombs from blowing up using a robot and high-pressure water cannon, saving Jennifer Malloy, who has been working with Don and his team. Liz Warner is also in this episode. Source: SpoilerFix.com

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't found out scuba.

03/23 - Episode 3.21 - The Art of Reckoning: Don goes with a man named Howard Meeks to speak with a man nicknamed Pony, who is being executed in a week. Pony, who was a hitman for the mob and is accused of killing the young son of a congressman, requested the meeting with the Feds. They aren't sure why he wants to meet with them. David and Meeks are running from two men who are shooting at them and David is hurt and bleeding heavily. Millie, Charlie and Amita watch the TV as the shuttle lands and Larry disembarks with the other astronauts. Source: SpoilerFix.com

• 4 weeks later...

04/05 - Episode 3.22 - Under Pressure [Airing May 4]: The team deals with a small group of terrorists who have cut their hair, shaved off their beards and forged I.D. cards from the United States Marine Corps. Colby and Don speak to a man named Kaleed Asan, born in the US with the name Timothy, who claims the upcoming attack in Los Angeles is God's will and they can't stop it. When 2 men, a father and son, collapse from exposure to Sarin, a deadly nerve gas, David and a man named Colonel Adams rush to the hospital expecting to find the terrorists but find innocent victims instead. Source: SpoilerFix.com

04/10 - Episode 3.23 - Money For Nothing: A semi-truck, bound for Africa and full of money and medical supplies, is hijacked by a group of gangbangers and 2 men dressed as policemen, all with weapons. Two real policemen driving by are shocked to see the group of gangbangers come hopping out of the alley, hands and feet tied in plastic restraints. They tell Don and David that 2 white guys set them up, tied them up, then left with the truck and 2 hostages. Don and Liz talk about making their relationship public and Don talks with the therapist, Bradford, about what he really has issues with: his brother Charlie. Source: SpoilerFix.com

04/20 - Episode 3.24 - The Janus List (Season? finale): Charlie tries to help a nurse guard a man named Ashby from another murder attempt after the man already survived a poisoning attempt. He is killed after a man follows Charlie and the nurse pushing the man's gurney. Charlie is rescued and the killer is caught. Don learns that the CIA is involved and he is unable to arrest the man he believes sent the man to kill Ashby. Megan is back from being away on assignment. Source: SpoilerFix.com

Does Larry's Return Mean Kathy Najimy's Numbers Is Up?

by G.J. Donnelly

070427interview1.jpg

Kathy Najimy with David Krumholtz, Numbers

This Friday, April 27, on Numbers (10 pm/ET, CBS), Peter MacNicol returns as Charlie's chum Larry while Six Feet Under's Jeremy Sisto guests as a federal attorney in a story dealing with a death-row inmate whose motives for revealing the locations of missing bodies are questioned by Don (Rob Morrow). Holding down the fort in MacNicol's absence (he defected to 24 for much of the year) was Kathy Najimy, who tonight makes her last appearance of the season as Charlie's academic superior, Millie French.

TV Guide: Were you good at math?

Kathy Najimy: When I was younger I wanted to be a mathematician, but I think that's because I got a good grade on a test once. [Laughs]

TV Guide: Do you think Millie would like to get more involved in the Eppeses' cases?

Najimy: They brought Millie on as the viewers' conscience. Her purpose is not so much as a nemesis, but as a guidepost for Charlie (David Krumholtz). But I think Millie finds the FBI work sexier than the math work.

TV Guide: How will Millie's relationship with Alan, the brothers' father [played by Judd Hirsch], progress?

Najimy: Slowly. Don't you think they should kiss sometime soon? [Laughs] Something needs to happen or Millie's going to move on to one of the brothers. [Laughs]

TV Guide: You've voiced Peggy Hill on King of the Hill for 11 seasons. How has she changed?

Najimy: I don't know if Peggy has changed that much. The great thing about her is the writers don't write characters one-dimensionally. She is wise one moment and ridiculous the next. She's very self-righteous. Her confidence box is overflowing and sometimes it's warranted, sometimes it's not. [Laughs]

TV Guide: In the films Sister Act, Hocus Pocus and Soapdish you play offbeat, energetic characters. Do you seek out these roles?

Najimy: At this stage of the game, I run the gamut. A lot of times on television they show a very successful woman at work who goes home and eats pie filling out of a can with her nine cats! They hardly show successful women with balanced personal lives. That's what I like about Peggy and Millie, and it's what I insist upon. I look for what the character's life is like and whether that really reflects women, or whether it continues some stereotype that doesn't help us at all

So Larry comes back to Earth and he's disappointed his life long dream came true??!! I love this show, love Larry but this episode has me worried for his future appearances.

• 4 weeks later...

does anyone else watch this show?

the finale shocked me and ticked me off! it was a great episode....one of the best, but i was SO EXTREMELY PISSED OFF that colby was a bad guy! no freakin' way! i was always defending him to my husband, telling him that there's nooooooo way he's like his friend! and then it turns out he is a spy! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............he was one of my favorite characters! and then to have megan maybe leaving too?! wtf?

• 2 weeks later...