Everwood

mango

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Everwood

"Somewhere in my heart I still think you are my person." This now replaces giving someone a pen as the worst thing that you can say or do to someone after they confess their undying love for you. That's just the kind of heart-wrenching stuff that I've missed while this show has been on hiatus for what seems like an eternity. I'm so glad to be back in this little mountain town for two hours with all its relationship dramas

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everwood

by Angel Cohn

April 24, 2006: Honesty Is the Best Policy?

Wow. I knew I'd be ticked off at Bright based on the previews, I just didn't know how much. I might have forgiven him for slipping up and cheating on Hannah because Fake ID/Knitting Girl (aka Nip/Tuck's Kelly Carlson) is a pretty tempting package, and because Ada basically threw herself at him. Everyone makes mistakes, and Bright can be, well, not so bright. But the fact that he avoided Hannah's calls and didn't tell her about his infidelity when she told him that they need to be honest in the future kind of killed any generous feelings that I had about his actions. Poor, poor Hannah. All along she's had feelings of inadequacy, and now Bright goes and cheats with a strikingly beautiful woman. It will be her worst nightmare come true when she finds out that he found someone who gives the milk for free while Hannah doesn't even believe in letting him finish his ice-cream cone until they are married. Now you know that I adore Bright

Everwood

by Angel Cohn

May 1, 2006: Not Such a Bright Idea

I was dreading Bright telling Hannah about his cheating ways for the entire episode, and, of course, they saved it for the last minute. And then they went and played Tori Amos music to really make Hannah's heartbreak even more depressing. Don't get me wrong, I love Tori, but a lot of her songs go perfectly with a pint of Ben & Jerry's and a good wallow about the stupidity of the opposite sex. I was really annoyed that Bright let Hannah think she had misjudged Ada. That's bound to come back to haunt him.

And he wasn't the only Abbott man lying. The good doctor got caught in a sin of omission by not telling the adoption board about Rose's battle with cancer. They were thisclose to getting the cutest little kid and he went and ruined their chances. Dr. Abbott, tell your wife not to mention these things if you want your lie to be successful.

Oh, and both Amy and Delia were in this episode, but I wasn't bothered by either of them. I sort of chuckled at the fact that Amy remarked that Delia had gotten taller since she had last seen her.... With her infrequent appearances she does look like she's grown a lot every time we see her. And as for Amy, she came down off her college high to help out her best friend. She even turned to Ephram for help, and though they had a screaming match about it, they both wanted the best for Hannah. I thought it was sweet that Ephram didn't want to be around the apartment when Bright was lying to Hannah. Anyway, back to Amy, who gave her brother the what-for. He totally deserved it.

Irv and his daughter had a falling-out and then reconciled, but I really didn't care too much about that plotline. I also wasn't totally into Reid's ouster from med school for cheating. He had to get busted for that... though I worry about his mental state. He did seem sort of suicidal a few weeks ago.

Oh, and in spite of the fact that I'm annoyed at Bright for cheating on Hannah and lying and all... he did still make me laugh. "Pride and Prejudice... what's that about? Racism?" He'll just never learn.

Posted by Angel Cohn 05/2/2006 12:20 AM

Everwood

May 8, 2006: Pillow Talk

Reid tried to kill himself by overdosing on sleeping pills. That wasn't such a shocker

Everwood

by Angel Cohn

May 15, 2006: Let's Bowl Tonight

So while Bright was wallowing and bouncing a ball against a wall and listening to Sarah McLachlan music, Hannah was off on a "group thing" with really cute Nick. Now you all know how much I love Bright, but the new blond boy with the British accent looking all adorable with the spiky hair might just be the perfect distraction for Hannah. I want them to be happy together eventually, but Bright did cheat on her and then lied to her. Still, for now Hannah should be allowed a little fun.

Aside from all the Bright and Hannah stuff: Reid got better and moved out of town... just when I was starting to like him; Dr. Abbott had to deal with the most depressing case ever; and Rose was all frazzled over her new job at the art museum

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

05/19 - Episode 4.20 - Goodbye, Love [Airing May 29]: The whole town gathers at the funeral of one of Everwoods most beloved citizens to celebrate a life well-lived. After the funeral, Amy begins to rethink her relationship with Ephram. Ephram decides he should tell Nina that Andy has bought an engagement ring for her before she makes the final decision to leave Everwood with Jake. Finally, when Andy's father Gene (guest star Charles Durning) announces that his visit is over, father and son have an honest and long-overdue conversation about their feelings for one another. Tom Amandes, Debra Mooney, John Beasley, Merrilyn Gann, Chris Pratt and Sarah Drew also star. Source: The WB

05/19 - Episodes 4.21 and 4.22 - Foreverwood Parts 1 and 2 (Series finale) [Airing June 5 from 8 to 10 p.m.]

Everwood

by Angel Cohn

May 22, 2006: What's with the Legos?

Poor Irv, the whole Bright near-death experience, and Rose cancer scares, were just ruses to distract from the real death. I knew when I saw him happily making breakfast with the little love note that he was done for. That said, I'm glad it wasn't Bright who died, I would have been a complete wreck instead of just a little sad. I do feel for Edna, who is now out of a job and alone. Maybe she can eventually befriend Andy's cantankerous dad, they'd be a cute, cranky old couple. Just a thought. I did think that meeting Andy's dad explained a lot about his relationship with his own kids. Now Andy's a decent dad, but his bitter fighting with Ephram a mere year ago makes a lot sense, especially since he blamed his father for killing his mother. Parenting issues must run in the family.

Elsewhere in Everwood: Jake and Nina are planning on moving to Los Angeles; Bright turned 21 and got really drunk on his birthday and smashed through a plate-glass window and nearly died; Amy played with some Legos and planned a party for her brother; Deliah is still planning her bat mitzvah and unsurprisingly oblivious to everything going on around her. When Andy went to visit Bright in the hospital, she told her grandpa he went to visit someone and didn't even come up with a name. And when her father and grandfather were having a meltdown at Nina's, she complained about having to get dinner plates. Ah, to be a totally self-centered teenager again.

Ephram and Hannah both had a chance to move on. "You're using my 21st as an excuse to ask out some chick? That makes me kind of proud," Bright told Ephram. But Bright wasn't so encouraging when he found out that Hannah was going out with the sexy Aussie again. I was so rooting for that almost-kiss to happen, but I suppose if she is reunited with Bright then that makes me just as happy. Only two more episodes... sniff, sniff.

Posted by Angel Cohn 05/22/2006 11:58 PM

• 2 weeks later...

Everwood

by Angel Cohn

June 5, 2006: Thanks for the Memories

I should be thrilled because I got the happily-ever-after ending that I was hoping for. Andy and Nina got engaged. Amy stopped being annoying and realized she was in love with Ephram, and then they got back together. Edna found a way to be needed. The Abbotts got the baby they really wanted. Delia got a horse, and Hannah decided to stay in Colorado to be closer to Bright. It was all so sweet and romantic and perfect. But it is over. For good. And that makes all my good feelings so bittersweet. However, if this show had to end, I'm glad that they got a chance to tie up the loose ends and finish with this sentimental send-off, instead of leaving it with a heartbreaking cliff-hanger.

I've got a couple of lingering questions, though.

• 4 months later...