Episode 12: "We'll Make You Pay"

unknown08

The aftermath of an emotional Tribal Council and stormy weather combine for a night the tribe will never forget.

To their surprise and delight, some Survivors are overwhelmed by a visit from their loved ones.

A strong alliance leaves one castaway on the outside looking in, with Immunity the only chance for survival.

Paranoia sets in as alliances crumble and some Survivors feel like they've lost control of the game.

From the Clues, it looks like reality is finally setting in :!:

1. The aftermath of an emotional Tribal Council and stormy weather combine for a night the tribe will never forget.

Sounds like the Wrath of the Palauan Gods are angry because Stephenie was voted off :!: Hope the Tribe misses Steph because I sure do :cry:

2. To their surprise and delight, some Survivors are overwhelmed by a visit from their loved ones.

THis Episode will be good for alot of Tears.

But, I don't understand the Episode Title: "We'll Make You Pay" :?:

Guest cappy
The aftermath of an emotional Tribal Council and stormy weather combine for a night the tribe will never forget.

Interesting to know CBS. Thank you for yet another waisted clue.

To their surprise and delight, some Survivors are overwhelmed by a visit from their loved ones.

Gregg, Jenn, and Katie

A strong alliance leaves one castaway on the outside looking in, with Immunity the only chance for survival.

Caryn

Paranoia sets in as alliances crumble and some Survivors feel like they've lost control of the game.

Per the promos, Ian, Tom and Gregg

Speaking of dead wood.. Hey IAN, you smell like you died!! sayeth Jeff

Guest Anonymous

I thought that was pretty funny actually -- Jeff looked pretty green getting a hug from Ian! :lol:

Just watched a replay of Stephanie's Survivor Live, and she said they spent a lot of time chasing crabs to eat, then cracking them and boiling them. If IAN helped and then did not wash!! Think of 20 day old dead crab juice!!!

:roll: :roll:

Guest Tigress61

From what I read a TDT, Gregg wins reward and takes Katie and Jenn. Maybe the title "We'll make you pay" refers to Gregg winning reward and NOT taking Tom, alas, going home this week.

I think Ian will get immunity again. Better him than Tom.

Caryn should go home after her little snitchfest last week, IMHO.

10_3_6.gif

Guest cappy
It sucks this week because CBS knew that Tom or Ian would be going so they have to design a challenge that they have done extremely well in to keep them.

Reward Sinks Gregg Carey on 'Survivor'

NEW YORK - Gregg Carey's chances at $1 million sunk on the latest episode of "Survivor: Palau." The 28-year-old business consultant won a luxury cruise as part of a reward challenge Thursday, but his tribemates plotted against him while he was away from the island.

Carey told The Associated Press on Friday the move was "stupid."

"I wasn't thinking strategically when I was on the boat," said Carey. "It was an innocent mistake. That innocence will bite you every time on `Survivor.'"

Most of Carey's screen time on the CBS reality show was dedicated to his intricate strategies and intimate alliance with nanny Jennifer Lyon, a relationship that Carey described as a "friendship with hints of romance." Even so, Carey insists the kinship never became physical. "When you're out there, that's the last thing on your mind," said Carey. "You don't consider hooking up. You don't consider kissing. You don't consider any of that."

Now, as a member of the seven-person jury, Carey will have to consider which remaining "Survivor" is deserving of the $1 million prize. The finale and live reunion show will air May 15 at 10 p.m. EST.

Koror's Tribal Council

Gregg Voted Out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(part 1 is not included because the Insider clips are not available for them)

Ian (votes Gregg): Gregg, you're the dark horse, and it's just time for the dark horse to ride off into the sunset.

Jennifer (votes Caryn): Caryn, you played a really great game but I hate to do this, but you're just not part of the five, and that's it.

Gregg (votes Caryn): Caryn, unfortunately our five person alliance didn't give you any fair opportunity to execute any strategy, sorry about that.

Katie (votes Gregg): This was not my original plan but I have to go where the numbers are, you played a really smart game, and I saw you in the challenge that you picked Jenn over me, so sorry (inaudible).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gregg's Final Words

Wow, that's hugely disappointing but I think I would be lying if I said I wasn't completely surprised. I think I was starting to feel a little too comfortable and my strategy involved trusting too many people for too long. And you know I trust us going into the final five, I trusted the look in people's eyes but my hats off to them, they got me, they got me good. You know, no regrets on what I could have would have should have done. I am pretty proud and happy for the way that I played the game, it's a disappointing ending but it's been a great ride, one that I will never forget. I learned about myself, I learned about a lot of what I can do, and what you can overcome if you put your mind into it.

With respect to the game, man they got me. You think about me, you don't want to have regrets but you think about it and uh, did my relationship with Jenn hurt, did I trust Ian and Tom too much, did I pin Tom and as targets and assume they would be buffers for me? I think it would have been a better situation if Jenn and I had not been, had not had such a strong relationship because if you think about it, it would be dangerous for anyone to go to the final three with us because they would assume that we would take each other, kind of write each other off. That was something I was kind of aware of, I wanted to work through that but unfortunately I waited a little too long to before I started to execute that strategy. I wanted to Have jenn and myself to convince Katie that, hey Jenn and I are a team here, and we'd take you but I never got the opportunity to do that, I waited too long, and obviously I am sitting here as a result.

So, uhhh, you know its 33 days in, but it's not too bad but I am a competitor but it's not how I envisioned things ending, but I got to take my hats off to them, there is no hard feelings to anyone over there. I see it as a game and that's all it is. I still think there are a bunch of great people left over at Koror. I don't look at it at being stabbed in the back, I look at it at someone having a better strategy, someone, myself, not being aware of all of the possible scenarios and not being aware of the threat that I pose, and so for me not being aware of the threat I posed, I am sitting here. It wasn't cause I trusted someone too much, it's because someone came up with a better strategy and I didn't have a role in it. I'd like to think if I made it one more round, the game would be a little different, as the story goes, that's all she wrote for me. It would be interesting to see how the rest of this plays out and see if this messes up with any of the dynamics with the rest of the Koror tribe. I wonder how Jenn will react to it, but it seems like they definitely got for people on the same page at this point.

In closing, it's an invaluable experience, I took a lot away from this. I guess all of the experiences that I was able to have with the Bai, scuba diving and having family come out to visit, it really completes the experience for me but more importantly, I take a new perspective on things, I bring back much love home, people said over and over again,

family will get you through this. I look forward to taking this experience and sharing it with them, and um, enjoying it all over with them with people who are close to me.

Gregg, the Day After

You know it's a tough thing to swallow, getting voted off, it came as a bit of a shock, but again I can't say I was completely surprised but after having a day to reflect on the 33 days I spent on the island and the game that I played, I am more proud than I am disappointed. I went in with a strategy that involved me being honest to myself and to

the other people which I knew could get me into trouble, but in the end that would give me the best position, the best odds, going against the jury, a jury of friends. Once we got down to the five, and I was one of those five, that's where my game would need to step up and I would do my best, and it would be in my own hands. I would need to win

immunities, that was the plan, to really step it up then, to find myself with the final 3, to the jury of people that I never lied to. So I am proud that I did stay true to my original intentions, I am not going to win the million dollars, but I played a game that was consistent with who I am. And I think I did fairly well. You know like I said, you trust

certain people but sometimes, this game, the variables and the numbers play out, and you are at a point where you just need to trust them at this point and if they pull a fast one on you, sometimes there is nothing you can really do. I think I was in that position, I left myself exposed at the final 6, and as a result I am here today.

I think my tribemates have come across with this experience with a good idea of who Gregg is. I think that they, as the game went on, they learned more and more about me. They learned that I was an honest kid, a kid that was looking out for his own interest but would be honest in the articulation of your role that you may play in my game and I wouldn't be lying to advance but I could articulate something, or strategy, that would prevent me from lying, that would be honest, and I think my decision to take some people to reward challenge was based on letting people share in the experience of the other benefits of this game. People who haven't reaped any rewards and to get more

out of it.

I think for awhile I tried to subdue, downplay my intelligence, the fact that I understood the game, and I wanted people to think I was there by chance, and lucky, he's not a threat because he's not thinking five steps ahead of the game. But overtime, you know, as you spend more and more time with people, and there's opportunities to

vote people out, you need to see things happening, I need to kind of expose a little of my intelligence and strategy. And so I think people are starting to walk away toward the end, you know, Gregg may be quiet at times but he's a thinker, and he's pretty bright and he's dangerous. And I know that people saw me as a threat in multiple capacities,

from physical, mental, and I know people were threatened by the bonds and lack of disruption that I caused around camp. I formed bonds with most everyone around camp, they were real and true bonds, and I wasn't using people as pawns, they had an equal opportunity in this game that was presented to them.

The relationship with Jenn was an interesting one and uhh we shared a lot of time and shared a lot of thoughts and conversations throughout the game together whether it would be about strategy or just life outside of the game, and that was nice to have. But I think initially, it spawned into something that I didn't want, and I wasn't ready to have on

the island and it was starting to be perceived as this couple. And although my actions were I am responsible just as much as Jenn, I didn't want to be put into this position that I was one piece of a couple or that I was one part of one mind. Because we both wanted to play individual games and so when that perception started to feel overwhelming and strong, I tried to kind of backtrack a bit and I was opened with Jenn about it, we need to play individual games, this could hurt us, and although I appreciate the bond that I have with you, there is a time and a place for it and it's not out here during the game. It's going to cost us, so I kind of wanted to pull away from that as much as possible but it was a tough thing to do, but in doing that, in kind of relaying that to Jenn, you also don't want to piss Jenn off and then have her turn her back on me.

Palau for me was an absolute and incredible experience and I don't know if everyone that played this game can say that. What helepd really complete the experience for me was winning the reward to go to the Bai and meeting the Chief Ricola and watching the beautiful young men and women of Palau welcome us, dance for us and then having

that feast, that was just experiencing the island, the beautiful scenery around here, and experiencing the culture which was important to me, if I had come all this way and not experience that, I would feel like something was missing for me. The yacht experience was phenomenal and I got to explore the tremendous marine life here, (???) reef,

snorkeling with dolphins, clam city, that just really helped take me out of the game for a bit and experience Palau. In addition to that, for 33 days, I didn't just play the game Survivor, I called this island my home, like I lived in Palau, I didn't come to a vacation, yea I played a game, but I didn't just play Survivor, I lived in Palau, off the land for 33 days and you know it was my home for 33 days and just saying that, it's just a rich and full experience and I feel grateful for this opportunity and I feel that I have connected in many ways with this beautiful island and the great culture that is here and everything it has to offer and for me, there is no complaints, Palau is just a bunch of good memories.

Food, Glorious Food

Captain: Good evening.

Gregg (confessional): We get back from a day of snorkeling and hanging with the dolphins, and are all primed for dinner.

Captain: Enjoy your meal.

Gregg (confessional): The food is the thing we looked forward to the most, and we were all looking forward to sitting down and having a nice slow meal.

Gregg (toasting): Thank you so much for traveling so far and spending us a day with us, having all of you guys show up today was just a surprise that made this all the worth while so it's going to be a pleasure to get to know all of you and we're going to have a great night.

Gregg (confessional): I was initially looking forward to having a night on the yacht with Jenn, but then with the introduction with Katie, and then the introduction with the family members, it quickly turned away from being any sort of date and we're focused on our guests.

Jenn: I think I am getting steak.

Katie: Yea me too.

Gregg (confessional): Just to look at that menu to have your mouth water at each option,

it was just overwhelming.

Katie (confessional): It was so delicious, we were just eating everything and I was stuffing food in my mouth like I hadn't eaten in 31 days, which I havent. I can't believe I put all of that down.

A Woman: That was soooo good.

Gregg (to server): Apple pie in addition to the brownie sundae.

Gregg (confessional): I put down like two apple pies, three scoops of ice cream, two brownies and I finished off my steak and I couldn't move and could hardly talk.

Family Ties

Gregg (confessional): For most of the time I did alright, just holding up and focusing on everyone's families and their emotions and putting aside mine. BUt you know, it's my buddy Gregg, we're great friends, but I realized how powerful it was and having it to leave and his messages for me, do it for your mom, do it for your sister, the two girls that I actually love in life, and do it for your dad, because you know he's watching. It was just powerful. I know that my dad is out here watching me and I know people say that someone is out here watching me, but it was only a year ago that my dad passed away and my grieving happens everyday and I think about him everyday. And you know that moment, you know it was really tough because family is just so close and I realized how much I love my family and this experience has been so powerful and if I come home with a million dollars, that's why I am here. But I am going home with this confirmation of what my priorities are, and family is all that really matters and just to be secluded away from that contact it really imprints it in your head if you can share life with loved ones and share experiences with other people, I think it's a miserable way to go through life and I thankfully have a wonderful family waiting at home that I can't wait to get back to.

You know I didn't talk about my mom and sister while Gregg was around, I just wanted to enjoy the day and we talked about what we would share with them, and whether we would keep it a surprise, and let them find out later that we saw each other but it was just way too important, I just wanted to let my mom know that I think about her everyday, that I've never missed anyone more than I miss her and I know that she is thinking about me, and I can't wait to get home to cook with her, which is absurd, she's not the best cook, and I don't really cook, and it's focused on spending time together and food.

Not to sound like a mama's boy, but my mom and my sister has been through a lot lately, and she has been the strongest woman through it all and I just want to let her know that I love her, and it's a mother and son relationship that sometimes it's easy to take for granted and this experience has made me realize how much she means to me,

and how much my sister means to me, and I miss them both, dearly.

It's bigger than the game, it's much bigger than the game, but I have my moments and I make sure that they are moments where I can grieve and miss but it's game on. I know that there is a lifetime after this.

You Gotta Have Heart

Jennifer (confessional): The ride when we found out what was going to happen going back into camp with our loved ones was so overwhelmingly bittersweet, we were thinking, how horrible is this going to be for them. It was going to be a horrible thing for Tom, Caryn and Ian that they could have seen their loves and we got to see ours and God it was awful, awful. And it felt like it was rubbing it in by bringing our people to meet them, it just felt very bittersweet, like wanting to be happy to meet them because we were talking about them so much but so horrible for them.

Tom, Ian and Caryn all greeted our family with open arms, they were amazing. First off, Stan, who is Katie's loved one and her brother in law, we discussed it on the boat, what we would say and how we would open it up and how we would kind of it, not to make it so scary and overwhelming for them, we just decided to open up with the fact that they spent some time with their family members, with Tom, Ian and Caryn's significant others and so it just, Stan got very emotional about it, and he was so cool about it, and saying how he had met Big Tony, which is Ian's dad, and he had a message for everyone. And my sister and Tom right away, first of all Tom couldn't believe how much my sister looked like Bernadette, his wife. She has very similar features and she saw me and said, she looks just like my sister, it's bizarre, she goes, that's Tom's wife and we look like we could be related. And it was very surreal to look into my sister's eyes and tell her what he would have love to said to Bernadette.

My sister Kim had met Bernadette and they immediately clicked and it was amazing to hear that so I heard stories about Bernadette and that made sense, and that's so Tom's wife, what an amazing connection they must have had, what an amazing relationship. But it's heartbreaking that it was just that close, on they boat they said all of our names instead of the other three names and it was just heartbreaking.

Tom talks about his Bernadette non-stop. We all know just by the way he talks about her, they have an amazing relationship, an amazing bond, an amazing family life and it um we would have, you know, we were all so excited to see our family members but I think any one of us would have traded that, because it was a wife and husband and wife bond that is different than our bonds were and we couldn't take it back, so we did everything we could make them feel, like it was kind of one person removed and I think they really appreciated that.

Please note - This thread is locked for the purpose of archiving.

Thank You

Mod Team

Edited by moderator to add the above quote.