What changes should BB Canada make?

So we know BB Canada will basically be following the US format but with Grodner nowhere to be seen hopefully producers will be willing to make some changes (whether small or game changing) to differentiate the first season of BB Canada from the many almost identical seasons of BBUSA we've seen before?

I would stick with the basic HoH, nominations and eviction format - but it would be the Veto where I think there is an opportunity to change things, whether it's something small like going back to everyone playing - or something bigger.

Maybe after Frank saving himself every other week this year a new rule where you can only be saved by the Veto once during the season would add a bit of a new dynamic, making using the Veto even more of a strategic decision and meaning that more often than not the HoH's original nominations actually mean something.

I hope too they return to Food competitions rather than Have/Have Not - I'd add the twist that all HMs compete individually for their food for the week, then at the end the HoH decides whether to gamble so either the whole house eats or none of them do.

Yeah I agree that Have/Have Nots are kind of a pain. I'd rather see food competitions or perhaps house grocery lists (which I believe they did in season 1 of BB US) where you have to do stuff to win a certain amount of grocery money each week.

Also I think a general Veto hidden somewhere would be better (like the Hidden Immunity Idol on Survivor), that is only replaced once someone finds and uses it. It's too flip-floppy to have a new one in play every week.

I also like the idea of more general votes (also like Survivor) where anyone can vote for anyone, rather than having 2 up for a week before you can vote them out. It seems like that puts a lot of undue stress on the house to have two people targeted each week. If it's a general vote, it could change more fluidly (since whoever is nominated at the start of the week isn't necessarily who they still want out by the end of the week). Because of this more general voting, maybe HOH could just be a tie-breaker vote or something - their vote carries more weight than the other houseguests - and also maybe they get extra food or something.

It'd also be nice if there were a garden/chickens like the first season of BB US also. I liked that aspect of it, where they had something to take care of and eat from, rather than just sitting around doing nothing all day.

Now you wouldn't want people calling the show "Survivor in a House" would you! :D

One thing I'd like them to do - and I think they might do to keep costs down and avoid the need for a jury house - is have the winner decided by the public. Evictions would be as normal, but once they get to the top 10 the Canbot reveals the twist that once down to the final two the winner will be chosen by the viewers, not by the evictees. It just adds a new dynamic and announcing it mid-season means we get to see if people change their game in order to try and appeal to the public, and I do think viewers in Canada are experienced enough with BBUSA to reward smart gameplay rather than just give the prize to Mr Popular.

• 2 weeks later...

Now you wouldn't want people calling the show "Survivor in a House" would you! :D

One thing I'd like them to do - and I think they might do to keep costs down and avoid the need for a jury house - is have the winner decided by the public. Evictions would be as normal, but once they get to the top 10 the Canbot reveals the twist that once down to the final two the winner will be chosen by the viewers, not by the evictees. It just adds a new dynamic and announcing it mid-season means we get to see if people change their game in order to try and appeal to the public, and I do think viewers in Canada are experienced enough with BBUSA to reward smart gameplay rather than just give the prize to Mr Popular.

The reason General Voting by the Public doesn't work is that if the Final 2 ---- One comes from Small town Ontario and One come from Vancouver for instance ... The one from The Big City will Back there HG's with so many more votes than Small Town ... Season One of BB 1 tried the Public Vote and thats Why Eddie won it

You're dismissing the BB fans in the rest of the country though who ultimately have a bigger influence. Here in the UK we've had winners from pretty much all part of the country and the local factor hasn't played a big part at all (incidently this years winner is from my home town - but about five years too late for me to care!).

Big Brother 1 in the US "failed" because producers and channel bosses didn't really like the fact that viewers controlled it - and though there were some notable voting patterns ultimately they weren't really the cause of the problems in season one, but really just an excuse.

It will be different just from the fact that there is less of a chance of it being cast full of models and actors, you'll get a good representation of our country as it's not yet a vehicle for achieving fame and fortune. I hope they have challenges that are Regional in nature. A Carnivale for QC, The Stampede for Prairies etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope our BB is like the USA BB but when it first started. No slop make it pbj again.Have/have nots gone. I just hope its got lots of drama and its not boring lol..

• 3 months later...
Guest 6Borders

No local celebs, athletes, actresses and models, and NO USA past BB players in any way, shape, form or influence within 200 miles of the BB Canada House!!

I would love to see Have/Have not eliminated...that is just a waste and stupid and it does not make for good feeds to watch people sit around and complain all day about cold showers, hard beds and slop food.

I like the idea of "find the veto" and the whole house voting someone out rather than nominating two people (I was hoping Glass House would go that route but they chose to follow the BB pattern, just adding "limbo".)

I think the entire house should compete as a group for food and perks/luxuries. It keeps alliances from forming so quickly or being so solid when they have to do things as a team.

A whole house vote would be more fair and eliminate alliances dominating. BBUSA has gotten ridiculous in this aspect...they form alliances practically before their bag hits a bed.

Lastly, no production safety net, rigging or interference that Grodner has made so infamous in BBUSA. Let the house vote and the chips fall.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I like the idea of the viewers voting which HG they want out of the house (just like the glass house).

They should give the HGs lots of fun parties with drinks (to loosen them up ;) ), that's when crazy stuff happens in other BBs lol.