Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerkovskiy

Dade

Kelly Monaco

So does the drama of a soap opera compare to that found on the dance floor? We’ll have to ask Kelly Monaco about that one, as she’s been a part of both worlds.

Kelly Monaco originated the highly anticipated role of Samantha McCall on ABC’s General Hospital in October 2003. In the category of Outstanding Lead Actress, Kelly was an Emmy nominee for this role in 2006. Her television credits include co-hosting the 33rd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards as they were broadcast for the first time from Hollywood.

Kelly also starred in the first season of the ABC primetime summer mega-hit, Dancing with the Stars, where she won the dance championship. She had a three-and-a-half-year stint on the ABC Daytime drama Port Charles, garnering her first Daytime Emmy Nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actress in 2003.

Kelly’s television debut occurred in 1997, when she landed a recurring role on Baywatch. While shooting Port Charles, she also guest starred opposite Charlie Sheen and Heather Locklear in a season finale of ABC's Spin City. In addition, she has appeared in the feature films Idle Hands, Mumford, BASEketball, and was most recently seen on Hallmark’s movie Edge of the Garden.

Kelly headlined and opened the Las Vegas Peep Show performing in front of sold-out audiences. She was also featured in the Emmy-Award winning documentary Daytime Gives Back, Africa and allowed fans a peak into her private life on E!’s Dirty Soap.

Kelly grew up on the East Coast, where she participated in soccer, swimming, track and softball, among other sports. Her family moved from the bustling city of Philadelphia to the more peaceful environment of the Poconos. In addition to athletics, she participated intensely in speech, debate and theater in high school. Kelly is involved in Feed the Children and Children’s Hospital. She resides in Los Angeles

Val Chmerkovskiy

Valentin Chmerkovskiy is the brother of Dancing with the Stars pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy. Valentin first appeared on Dancing With the Stars as a guest dancer and now is on center stage as a pro just like Maks. Oh brother!

Valetin was seven years old when he started dancing and at the age of 12, he went to his first oversees competition, the German Open, as one of only two U.S. couples there (his brother being the second). At 15, Valentin won his first IDSF World Championship and became the first and last American to ever do it.

Valentin has been a US champion an incredible 14 times over his 15 year dance career. His accomplishments include winning the German Open, Asian-Pacific Chamiponships, US Open, Blackpool and the World Championships 2-times (Junior and Youth). Val is currently the United States Amateur Latin Champion with his partner Daria Chesnokova.

Without a doubt, Valentin is one of the most accomplished Amateur Latin dancers in the history of Dancing with the Stars! We are excited to welcome Valentin back for his third season and look forward to see how well he'll do with the first DWTS champion, Kelly!

PRIOR CELEBRITY PARTNERS:

• Sherri Shepherd

• Elisabetta Canalis

http://beta.abc.go.c...st-announcement

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To me it seems like she is just stressed out and worried about doing a good job...mostly because she didn't dance a lot of these dances in her season that only lasted 6 weeks. (I didn't watch her season, so I didn't know this until she said it on the show the other night). I like her and I think she and Val are great together. I think there obviously is some real chemistry between them also.

• 4 weeks later...

I like all 3 of the remaining stars this year. If I had to rank them in order of my fave to win though, I guess it would be Shawn, then Kelly, then Melissa I guess....but, it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if Kelly won. I've really enjoyed her and Val together and watching their dances.