CSI

Rydethis

I watch CSI pretty reguarly....I just wanted to know....why do they search for clues in the dark? Can't they turn on a light or something? Maybe its just me but it seems like they always look for clues in the dark. If no one else noticed that then the drinking game really gets me twisted. :shock:

Guest Anonymous

I only recently started watching this show via reruns. They are always in the dark because they work the night shift. Though, I think, when they are inside crime scenes they need find evidence like blood splatter etc in the dark due to the instruments they use. But heck, what do I know??

From tvtome.com:

"Gil Grissom (William Petersen): Grissom is the head of the night shift of the crime lab in the Las Vegas police department. Grissom is an outsider of sorts and is married to his work.

Specialty: Entomology

Catherine Willows (Marg Helgenberger): Catherine is a single mom trying to raise a daughter while struggling with long hours at the crime lab. A former exotic dancer, Catherine has really worked her way up in the world, newly promoted to head of the swing shift of the crime lab."

I watch CSI pretty reguarly....I just wanted to know....why do they search for clues in the dark?  Can't they turn on a light or something?  Maybe its just me but it seems like they always look for clues in the dark.  If no one else noticed that then the drinking game really gets me twisted. :shock:

It's been bugging me too!! Sometimes I see them working in an apartment in the dark (with a flashlight no less!) and wonder why they don't just turn on the goddamn lights!! :?

Guest Anonymous

Oh no! Why must shows kill off their regular characters?? Ok, it can be Sarah. I don't mind her gone.

You know, with all the season finales coming up, instead of getting outside enjoying the weather, I'll be stuck inside continuing hibernation! :o

CSI Miami finale is 5/23...it says Horatio has a secret meeting with his supposedly dead brother. Calleigh undergoes something at a crime scene that is so horrible it makes her quit ballistics. Also, there is a suicide in the lab...hmmmm!

By the way, I get TV guide in the mail and it has a preview of all the finales.

Guest Anonymous

Ok, CSI: Miami cannot afford to lose another team member. They have a smaller cast to begin with! Calleigh is my favourite cast member on that show...she better not quit. And Horatio's brother is not dead? I have missed too many episodes, I think.

Tv Guides are good, I never seem to think to use the one we have.

I watch CSI pretty reguarly....I just wanted to know....why do they search for clues in the dark? Can't they turn on a light or something? Maybe its just me but it seems like they always look for clues in the dark. If no one else noticed that then the drinking game really gets me twisted. :shock:

It's been bugging me too!! Sometimes I see them working in an apartment in the dark (with a flashlight no less!) and wonder why they don't just turn on the goddamn lights!!

LOL!!! I know!!! That's how I feel too.

It's always a little dorky flashlight!!!!!! That's why I wondered why they just don't turn on the lights. I know they can find the light switch....If the can identify the killer by a partial imprint of a belt buckle in a wooden bed post......They can surely find the light switch. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody see the season finale.....it was really intense. It looks like Grissom is trying to get the team all back together. I hope so, I hate the way they broke it up this year.

And speaking of CSI, anyone a CSI NY fan. I think that is one of the best CSI's. I absolutely love Gary Sinese & Melina Kanakaredes.

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

CSI

Man, I love Quentin Tarantino. He can start with what is already a fantastic procedural show and take it to the next level. His odd-but-appropriate music choices and visual style are unmistakable (I'm sure he added the Dukes of Hazzard board game, too). However, I'm a little bit worried about his current obsession with stuffing people in confined spaces. He tossed Uma six feet under in Kill Bill 2, and now Nick is in the same predicament. Tarantino does do tight quarters better than anyone, though Alias and Veronica Mars have followed suit pretty convincingly this season. He really kicked it up Tarantino-style with the icky fire ants and tons of explosives. Did anyone else start itching when they showed those bugs biting into Stokes' flesh? I'm not too squeamish, but that really got to me. I'm not sure if tonight's torture was delayed payback for George Eads' money-grubbing stunt earlier this season, or a reward for his solid performances since then, including that showcase episode where he really got to show some range. Or maybe he and Gary Dourdan really did flip for it. The warped autopsy scene was also clearly a byproduct of the oddball Tarantino mind, but I've got to give credit to the writers for keeping their snappy dialogue and tone intact, even with a big personality calling the shots. They did a great job of bringing the whole season full circle with Grissom's request to reunite his team. That was very poignant, as was watching Grissom read Stokes' lips on the web cam. But the most touching moment of the evening was unintentional. This episode turned out to be character actor Frank Gorshin's final performance before his death earlier this week. So riddle me this: Is there any better way for an actor to go out than on the top-rated drama on TV? I don't think so.

Stargazer... I'm a huge fan of CSI but, I haven't gotten into the Miami or NY one yet. I'm sure they're good but, they must be up against something else that I already watch.

This season finale was AWESOME!!! Living in Texas I'm very familiar with fire ants and I CAN'T even imagine (well I can but, I sure as heck don't want to) being in that coffin with them. Horrible.

Tarantino is brilliant director, imo, and I really liked seeing some of his "stylization" during the autopsy. Too wicked man.

Thanks ranster for the watercooler article. I love reading those. :D

• 1 month later...

For the CSI finale it said that someone MAY die. And on Miami, well there are other people then just the CSIs so you gotta think like that. I won't say nothing cuz some people still haven't seen the finales, don't know why, but you know. Any way. Maybe it's the law student in me I don't know but I kind of giggled when you asked about them investigating in the dark but then I realized, until my friend took an investigation class, I may not have known either. Those really aren't flashlights they are using, they are special lights, I cannot think of the name at the moment but anyway, the ceiling lights are too bright and they have a glare and you can't get accurate results. They say the same thing about putting on makeup in the bathroom with the bathroom lights. Notice those "flashlights" have the things off to the sides? Anyway, if you want technical names for everything, contact the show or a CSI site cuz I have seen the names just can't remember.

I think that the CSI finale was the best season finale of ALL TIME!!!!! It had everything!!! Whereas the Miami one I found to be really boring. I especially didn't like who the bad guy/girl turned out to be because he/she had such GREAT chemistry with one of my favorite CSIers.