O.C.

salter-path

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too funny! I was going to start an OC thread today but I'm glad someone beat me to it.

I watched last night's eppy and it was shocking to say the least :shock: (I won't give anything away for those of you who haven't watched it yet)

Our Canadian CTV channel aired it instead of Bush's speech, even though Fox didn't!! YAY!! :D

Ok, just so that I don't spoil it for everyone else, highlight the paragraph to read:

Sandy, Seth and Ryan travel to South Beach to visit The Nana, who is living in Miami Beach, FL. While playing shuffleboard at the Nana's coastal-living retirement community, Seth and Ryan meet a girl, who helps Seth get center stage on

Ok I had a chance to watch both episodes today and mango thank you again for your re-cap it didn't spoil a thing for me but you did a great job! The second episode has me a little crazy. The drama is just getting way to intense for me. Last season I hated Ryan and Marissa together now all I want is for both of them to be happy and for Trey to get Lost. I always wanted Seth and Summer together, Summer was always my favorite character on the show now she is just selfish and annoying. One of the reasons I liked this show so much is because of the relationships of the parents Sandy and Kirsten were so perfect for eachother but Kirsten is on one heck of a downward spiral. I understand Sandy made some mistakes as well but he has still stood by his wife and continues to fight to keep their marriage alive. I hope she gets her drinking under control.

Ok I had a chance to watch both episodes today and mango thank you again for your re-cap it didn't spoil a thing for me but you did a great job! The second episode has me a little crazy. The drama is just getting way to intense for me. Last season I hated Ryan and Marissa together now all I want is for both of them to be happy and for Trey to get Lost. I always wanted Seth and Summer together, Summer was always my favorite character on the show now she is just selfish and annoying. One of the reasons I liked this show so much is because of the relationships of the parents Sandy and Kirsten were so perfect for eachother but Kirsten is on one heck of a downward spiral. I understand Sandy made some mistakes as well but he has still stood by his wife and continues to fight to keep their marriage alive. I hope she gets her drinking under control.

OMG, you took the words right out of my mouth!! Summer is my favorite character too - she kind of reminds me of myself....to an extent!! :lol: The only thing that is ruining it is that she is becoming too selfish - expecting Seth to drop his dream (the whole comic book thing) because she says so!! :shock: I'm also getting kinda tired of the Seth-Summer-Zach triangle - resolve it please! :x

Trey freaks me out. I felt bad for him in the beginning and kept wanting Ryan to give him a chance but now all I see is this darkness and anger that seeps out of his character and I want him gone! I wish Marissa would just confide in someone, be it Summer or Ryan.

Sandy and Kirsten were so perfect together - they provided the show with some much needed stability. I definitely want this couple (out of all the others) to stay together. I wonder how bad the accident was....

I am dying to watch next week's episode. The only thing is that I usually watch Survivor and tape The OC, which I don't get to see until much later because of The Apprentice and Without a Trace. :(

By the way...you do know that Oliver is coming back for an episode, right....??

By the way...you do know that Oliver is coming back for an episode, right....??

No I didn't hear about that. What reason could they have to bring Oliver back? I hated his character.

I think Kirsten survives the accident in the previews it shows her all banged up and Kalob calls her an alcoholic and she blames it on her messed up family life.

I liked Trey in the beginning also but he is nothing but trouble if only Marissa could confide in Ryan before Trey gets to him in the previews it looks like Trey tells Ryan tha Marissa came on to him.

I find Zach boring she needs to choose Seth and end this drama already.

Californiaaaaaaaa I love this show as much as it frustrates me. :D

I don't agree that Summer should choose Seth, I don't she should choose Zack either. Seth has blown it with Summer more then once. He's a geek, he should never have hurt a girl that great cause he'll never find better. It would take some serious butt kissing for me to forgive the stuff Seth did.

TwinkleToes, regarding Oliver, here's what I found:

Episode 2.24: The Dearly Beloved (Season finale)

Airdate: May 19, 2005

One word most fans will not like: Oliver. Yep, Oliver is back. Even if you don't like him, admit that you are curious as to why the hell they are bringing him back, right? We see him at the Suriak Mental Institute where he meets his rather bossy new roommate, Andrew. Who'll win the fight, Andrew or Oliver? Why is Oliver back and what does he have in store? Watch the episode and you'll know! Sandy drops by the institute to see Oliver. Marissa receives a letter that shakes her up to the point that Julie wants to get her a bodyguard. Kaitlin is back from boarding school. There is a funeral... but whose? Dum dum dum dum! You'll have to watch to find out!

And also, Josh Schwartz (The O.C.'s boss) says of the Newport gang's season-ender on May 19: "We're just gonna get nuttier and zanier, and we're going to end the season with a real live cliffhanger," he reveals. "Unlike last year, which was a little bit more of an emotional cliffhanger that had to sustain us over a really long period of time, this year is gonna be a more honest-to-goodness 'I can't believe they just did that!' shocker." He laughs. "Now I have a lot of hype to live up to. I'm screwed."

George Lucas to Guest Star on 'The O.C.'

By JAKE COYLE

Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - A week before the last installment of "Star Wars" opens, George Lucas is stopping by "The O.C." On Thursday's episode of the Fox show (8 p.m. ET), the master Jedi will guest star as himself. In a lucky twist of fate for Seth Cohen (Adam Brody), Lucas will express interest in Cohen's graphic novel. "We were looking to take the `Seth graphic novel' story line to its apex in this episode and it felt like the Holy Grail, the top of Everest to have Seth come face to face with Lucas," Josh Schwartz, the creator of "The O.C.," told The Associated Press Wednesday.

While guest stars such as Cohen's favorite band, Death Cab for Cutie, have been frequent on the show, Schwartz is quick to point out that Cohen "always manages to screw everything up." "He couldn't even get pleasure out of licking whipped cream off of Jamie King!" he added, referring to the plot of last week's spring break episode.

Likewise, meeting the "Star Wars" creator won't come easy for Brody's character. "Seth is faced with the universal quandary of, `Do I go to the prom, or do I go to meet George Lucas?'" Schwartz said.

"The O.C.," a teen drama set in Orange County, Calif., was recently picked up for a third season by Fox.

Earlier this season, the trailer for "Star Wars: Episode III

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

The O.C.

OK, I'm not sure what's bigger:

1) Seth botching a dinner with George Lucas to swap places with Zzzach as Summer's prom date;

2) Caleb's frozen heart giving out seconds after Julie ixnayed her spiked-margarita plan; or

3) Theresa the 40-year-old teenager resurfacing to defend Coop's honor to Ryan while hiding the fact that she didn't actually lose that kid of his last fall. Oh, and let's not forget Kirsten's whole "I'm not an alkie" denial thing. I guess when you walk away from being plowed down by an 18-wheeler with a few sprained fingers and a seemingly mobile scratch on your brow, it's easy to forget that you can outdrink the Barrymores and Kennedys. Combined. What I won't forget is how great it was to see Kelly Rowan let loose when Kirsten tore her pops a new one for messing up their family. Or the horrified look on Melinda Clarke's face after JuJu's soon-to-be ex went toes-up in the pool. Yeah, this week was bangin'. And you know, whenever someone dies or pops back up with a secret lovechild a week before the finale, that's a sure sign that things are about to get real ugly real fast. I don't mean more of Nerd Boy and Ass Clown bickering over Summer, either. I'm talking Ryan opening a case of beatdown on Trey's scraggly Marissa-molesting butt and a visit to rehab via Rock-Bottom Boulevard for Kiki. But the writers are going to have to work it like they want it, especially if they hope to top Lucas' hideous little moment tonight. I mean really, confessing that he skipped his own prom to stay home and think up the Ewoks and Jar-Jar Binks? That's just a sin.

Guest ranster627

The O.C.

What is with Fox making me cry this week? Last night, it was losing the Vonz on Idol. Tonight, I'm wet-eyed over, like, everything. First, it's Hailey and Jimmy returning for Caleb's funeral. Then, it's the funeral itself, though don't ask me why. He was the devil. After that, Sandy explaining Kirsten's drinking problem to Seth gave me got a lump in my throat, which became full-on chin-quivering as soon as the gang whipped out their tough-love for Kiki's "after-school special" intervention. Once she 'fessed up and broke down, forget it. Gone. (Oh, and FYI: Kelly Rowan? Devastating, thank you very much.) Honestly, I barely pulled it together before Marissa shattered into a million pieces and told Summer about Trey's attempted rape. Even the ensuing

TwinkleToes' date=' regarding Oliver, here's what I found:

Episode 2.24: The Dearly Beloved (Season finale)

Airdate: May 19, 2005

One word most fans will not like: Oliver. Yep, Oliver is back. Even if you don't like him, admit that you are curious as to why the hell they are bringing him back, right? We see him at the Suriak Mental Institute where he meets his rather bossy new roommate, Andrew. Who'll win the fight, Andrew or Oliver? Why is Oliver back and what does he have in store? Watch the episode and you'll know! Sandy drops by the institute to see Oliver. Marissa receives a letter that shakes her up to the point that Julie wants to get her a bodyguard. Kaitlin is back from boarding school. There is a funeral... but whose? Dum dum dum dum! You'll have to watch to find out!

Here's an explanation as to why we didn't see Oliver come back like some of us thought he would....

05/25 - I hate to admit it, but I got punk'd by my Fox mole about Oliver showing up. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TVGuide

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Ask Ausiello

Question: Do you know when The O.C. season premiere is?

Ausiello: It looks like August.

• 3 months later...
Guest ranster627

The O.C.

OK, I didn't think I missed the gang this summer since I had the DVD box sets, the repeats, the 120 soundtracks and Laguna Beach to keep me company. Not to mention a growing disdain for Adam Brody's too-hip-to-be-squareness. But amen that they're back! Really, how nice to see everyone. Even Trey. Of course, coming out of that coma to accuse Ryan and his massive biceps of shooting him was a tad unfortunate. I don't care if the back-to-bitchy Julie did bribe him into betraying his bro to protect Marissa; you'd think the guy wouldn't be flipping karma the bird so soon after a near-death experience, right? And shame on Jimmy for not stopping her! Fortunately, Coop and Summer's candy-striper scheme worked, the truth came out and Scruffy McRapist hopped on the next bus to guest-star-ville. Now the kids can have some fun, watch Teen Wolf, go sailing or, you know, frolic on the beach like their postcard-y montage that had me waiting for Danny Zuko and Sandy to pop up accompanied by the strains of "Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing." Speaking of Grease, how slimy is Jeri Ryan's character? Cozying up to Kiki at rehab, pulling that whole "My rich dad made me drink, too" routine. Please, you see that girl's eyes? Crazy with a capital whacko. Bet ya anything she's after her money, her man or

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Entertainment News

ORANGE ALERT: Roughly 7.4 million viewers welcomed Seth, Summer, Ryan and Marissa back from summer vacation last night on The O.C.'s third-season premiere. Although the sudser was off by 19 percent compared to last year's debut, it still ranked a strong No. 2 in its time slot among adults 18 to 49. It also funneled a decent 6.6 million viewers into Fox's new mystery-soap hybrid Reunion.