BBlite Q & A

Guest 6Borders

So any word on by BBlite is not working? I don't like watching the Real Player version of the feeds.

me either, and for me it is almost impossible to update, when I cannot watch and post, with bblite you can keep the play like up in a corner of your window, I read on their fb page that they are really short of support help and they are trying to fix it but who knows, I got the vibe it may not happen ths yr

most recent update

"We're working hard guys.. we have been for a while.. but so far it's looking like SuperPass/Real/CBS have secured the feeds to make sure it doesn't work at all in any outside players. We're still looking for ways around it."

Crap.

hey all, I found this bv3 player on the bblite fb page, I downloaded it and it really works pretty well, the pic in sm screen is small, but at least you can keep in in view when you are gonna update, and I think overall the quality is better then the real player, just sayin

-PAXP-deijE.gif

I tried to copy the link but if you go to bblite fbpage and scroll down you will find it

*UPDATE* We have gotten ahold of Real Networks and will be working through this.

This is the last message left on bblite's facebook page. Apparently they did finally make contact with Real Network and they're working on getting bblite working again. No clue how long it will take them but many people seem to be contacting them saying they desperately miss bblite and can't wait for it to work this season.

36 hours ago I had given up on bblite but now I'm hopeful we may get it after all. Keep thinking good thoughts that we'll be able to use it this year!

I called Real Player and they said it was an CBS problem and not their problem with BBlite. This guys may have just been talking out of his azz I don't know.

I'm using the bv3 player, works great quality is really good, sound has been crisp, just sayin, a good alternative till bblite gets fixed, and if bv3 is carrying the feeds then it is not because of real player, I also contacted them as I have been having issues

I'm using the bv3 player, works great quality is really good, sound has been crisp, just sayin, a good alternative till bblite gets fixed, and if bv3 is carrying the feeds then it is not because of real player, I also contacted them as I have been having issues

what is bv3?

It is a player like bblite, and better then real player, I tried to copy the link which does not seem to work so go to b3v viewer and it should take you there, it is better then real player

Hey Fatcat, does that player allow you to adjust the viewer size so that you can make it really small? Like thumbnail size? That's the only way I can get away with watching at work.

Hey Fatcat, does that player allow you to adjust the viewer size so that you can make it really small? Like thumbnail size? That's the only way I can get away with watching at work.

sent you a pm, yeah and you can make it as small as thumbnail, cause at first that is how small it was and t took me a minute to get it to the size I wanted which is about 3x5, I actually found the link on the bblite fb page

I downloaded it and the link I used had some addware called shopping slideshow that went crazy loading adds on my pages. I got it deleted and cleaned up my computer. So all is good.

wow, nothing like that happened to me at all, no issues, sorry for your issues, mine is working great

not sure what you mean, I can do quad cam, it is all on the top tho, I also like it because I can make it a small screen and also make it stay in one place while on the update page, you can make it smaller just by the mouse if you want which I like, it does have a really good quality pic

For as much as I like BBLite, I uninstalled it from my PC last night. They really should have worked with Real long before the show aired so they could get it all figured out. Really too bad, since BBLite is a great software for the live feeds.

For as much as I like BBLite, I uninstalled it from my PC last night. They really should have worked with Real long before the show aired so they could get it all figured out. Really too bad, since BBLite is a great software for the live feeds.

It's free software! The bblite author has no obligation to you year on year. Building this type of software isn't exactly trivial. You're more than welcome develop your own app.

It's free software! The bblite author has no obligation to you year on year. Building this type of software isn't exactly trivial. You're more than welcome develop your own app.

I think everyone is aware of the fact that it is free software and really just dissapointed, not such a big deal that any of us wants to go out and make our own software, the bblite program is far superior to the quality of real player feeds, so naturally it is dissapointing that we don't have it this yr, just sayin

Lastest update (July 14th) from BBLite facebook page:

Another update. Yesterday evening we responded to RealNetwork's inquiries and offer for help. We sent them information that they needed. We have still not heard back. In order for BBLite to operate like it did last year, we will need to update to include a new HD Streaming Component by Akamai called "HDCore". This is not readily available to the public so Real will need to send it to us. Once we get this, we'll be able to continue development and make a quick release. We are doing the very best that we can!! I promise. Watching on the web bothers us just as much as it bothers you.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name