Season 2 - Episode 2.02: Adrift

Jem

Episode 2.02: Adrift

Airdate: September 28, 2005

• 09/22 - Harold revealed that though the second episode was supposed to be Sawyer-centric, they changed it to be one that focuses on his character, Michael, because "it goes along better with what's going on in the show." This week's episode is "more of my backstory. You know, the first episode, we weren't there, so then it just picks up right where we left off, so it's mostly about Walt." Source: Kristin on E!Online
  • 09/19 - Just heard they changed the second episode from Sawyer-centric to Michael-centric. Source: Kristin on E!Online
  • 09/15 - Their raft destroyed, Michael, Sawyer and Jin encounter another predator in the ocean. And on land, the hatch doesn't seem to be any safer. Nikki: Jolene Blalock. Source: TV Guide Online
  • 09/14 - The two men lucky enough to make it back onto the raft discover they are being attacked by a great white. Source: USA Today
  • 09/12 - Jolene Blalock appears in Episode Two as a figure in Sawyer's past. Source: Los Angeles Times
  • 09/12 - With the abduction of Walt fresh on their minds and their raft destroyed, Michael, Sawyer and Jin fight for their lives and discover a new predator in the roiling ocean. Meanwhile on land, Locke must descend into the hatch when one castaway goes missing inside. Jolene Blalock (

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest ranster627

Mike sure has come off arrogant tonight ... and wow Mighty Sawyer!!! Overall so far ... wow ... all over the place but pulling together ...

Now I think we know what happened to some of the other passengers...the Others got to them first...hmmm...I wonder if Rose's husband is in that group? BTW is it possible that he found her and took her back to them with him? She hasn't been in any ep since the beginning.

I saw the polar bear as well.......

Also let me correct myself on the Radioactive "seal" I thought I saw on Desmond's jumpsuit, it's looks to be more like the seal of an activist group...

I think Rose is still with us on the island. She's just dropped back into the background is all. I wonder what would happen if the numbers weren't typed in on the computer and executed. Does he have to type it in every hour and 48 minutes? Kate sure did have a close one in that vent didn't she? Whew, scared me there a second. Anybody ever heard of an Apollo candybar? Or did I get the name wrong?

You know what I hate? I hate the fact that I've still got 45 minutes til the show starts and you guys are all watching now!!!! :(

(and I'm so desperate to know what's going on that I'm on the message board trying to find out B) )

I saw that Jem! I thought I was just being overly observant but I guess that confirms it! Yep it was that same seal.

AHHH! You're killing me! I want to live in the East!

Yes I do think that Walter "projected" himself on to the island for Shannon to see. I believe that it is somehow linked to the dog. Although I could be wrong. Seems like everytime something happens though the dog goes missing. Dog is gone, Polar bear shows up. Dog runs away, Walt shows up. Could be linked, might be coincidence who knows. I do believe that Walt does have psychic powers. In the Walt flashback that dealt with his mother's death, he was reading a book about birds and then BAM bird flies into the patio door and dies. Plus the Nanny that was watching Walt said there was something different about him too. I definitely believe he was the one the "Others" were after for some reason.

I think they're on an island that's some sort of big experiment.

Sorta reminds me of a Resident Evil type of thing for some reason.

Messing with genetics... a sickness.. etc.

Would maybe explain the symbol that was on the shark.

Shark= part of a security system to keep the 'sick' people from getting too far off the island.

I also think that mayb it WAS an experiment BUT something happened and it got abandoned.

Maybe that was why Desmond was asking Locke if he was 'him'? Maybe a replacement to watch over the island or something.

Just so many questions!!!! I hope we learn a bunch next week!!

Kayo, look out for it. I thought I was seeing things. :blink: It's very fast. Great eppy BTW.

Ok, I'd better leave now cuz I don't want to know what happens at the end of the show (probably Canadian preview showed it) til I see it! Thanks for giving me the heads up on the shark tail though. I'll definitely keep my EYE out for it! :)

So, Desmond works for the company/government that built the underground biosphere thing. Obviously he has been waiting awhile for the guy to take the next shift.

What's with the magnet?? Is that what is causing the crashes? Could be a generator... Or a Alien ship...

I am not ruling out the alien angle...

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

Lost

First off, since all you loyal readers were so helpful last week in trying to figure out what Walt said

There is no way in "not heaven" that someone could have seen that shark tail. B)

My husband, who didn't watch the first season (gasp) asked me this morning about the symbol on the shark tail and what it has to do with "the Irish Guy's" tatoo. I missed the tail, but I'm glad I can now tell him he is not crazy for seeing it.

We also were thinking about the folklore regarding dogs and that the domesticated dogs were thought to be "messengers". I remeber in the first season John talking about bhis sister dying and the dog that appeared and seemed to comfort his mother until she was ready to deal with the loss of a child.

Now Shannon's responsible for the dog, now that Walt, the child, is gone and she seems to find comfort in the task.

The canine figure has often been used to symbolize "protection". The word "Dharma", the word on the hatch, means "protection". But protection from what? External forces beyond our control that may harm us? The Others? Ourselves?

If Desmond's "him" was Jack, why would he ask Locke, Desmond already met Jack and completely recognized him...even without the bad wig/ hair style from the past.

I thought maybe "him" referred to Walt, but that doesn't make much sense either. Then again, we are talking about LOST.

AHHHH...I just got a 16th question...darnit!!

Okay okay okay...what about this

Did anyone notice the little crab in the very first episode in season one walking on the beach with the numbers 777 9311 on his crab leg? It was the same number the "Time" sang back in the day. The "Time". Lost. "The Time". Lost. Coincedence.....I think not...

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name