One Person.....One vote

nemille

This is going to be my last post to this forum. After last nights result show when Scott was safe. I made a vow. I will no longer watch this show until they change their voting procedures. The producers know that their are people out there who cast thousands of votes, probably even know about that vote for the worst website but continue to do nothing. Why you ask????? Because we are still watching. Want to send a message to the producers. Stop watching the show....Stop buying the records.....Stop going to the concerts. So until the producers change the voting I will not watch their show or buy their records or see the Idols in concert. No ratings.......no show.......nemille out

Guest Anonymous

Awesome! I non-watcher after my own heart. No, I will not be contributing to American Idol at all anymore. I quite agree -- one person - one vote.

Guest XandraSkye
Nemille will be back. I said the same thing after Britney was voted out of Big Brother 1, which was also voted by America. I stopped watching for about a week but I got sucked back in and have watched every season since then. Yep, Nemille will be back.

Guest ranster627
I may be wrong but don't they do in reverse order on Canadian Idol? They tell you who got the top votes and work their way down.
I don't know.  I have no way of watching any Canadian TV.  :(
Just a question as you were discussing the voting ...

Why don't they reveal everyone's totals? I think it would be more honest, and I for one would like to see which way America is headed and by what margin ....

I wanted to know the same thing, ranster.  Maybe that's TMI for us nobodies out here in the audience.  :wink:
I think the idea is that if there is a wide gap, people will stop watching, but I still think the lack of full disclosure puts the results in question. 

Anyone know a place where the actual tallies are recorded?

I think its all kept pretty quiet.  I'm guessing that they don't want to "influence" the competitors.  Being told you're in the bottom three makes you try a bit harder next week.  But -- being in the top three might make you slack off a bit.
I remember reading somewhere last year that the reason they don't post the totals is they don't want to discourage the contestants that did really badly. For instance if one person has 10000 and the other has 2 million it would seem a bit lopsided and might give away who might win in the end. I agree though it would be nice to know the votes that way we could see who had improved or not.

Pulled from Scott Savol Thread - AI: by Ranster627

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name