Season Finale

spr1ngtime

One Hour Apprentice Finale on May 19

Source: NBC April 12, 2005

NBC announced today that the season three finale of The Apprentice will be broadcast live from NYU's Skirball Center for the Performing Arts on Thursday, May 19 from 9-10 p.m. ET/PT. The hour-long finale will feature the culmination of the final two tasks and the eagerly anticipated live boardroom hiring. NBC's Thursday night also will be highlighted by the season finale of ER including the emotional departure of original cast member Noah Wyle as a series regular.

"I was very insistent on having a one-hour finale this season," said Donald Trump, Executive Producer. "Viewers want the live boardroom and they want to witness the excitement of the hiring. And that will be our focus this season-the completion of the task and the final live boardroom showdown."

Making the announcement from the atrium of Trump Tower in New York City, Trump revealed today that Bill Rancic, the original "Apprentice" winner whose one-year contract expires on April 15, would receive a one-year contract extension with The Trump Organization. In addition to Rancic's existing responsibilities overseeing the construction of Trump Tower in Chicago, his expanded duties will include strategic development of other Trump properties across the country and in Mexico. Trump also confirmed that Rancic would return to the boardroom during season four of "The Apprentice," filling in for George Ross and Carolyn Kepcher when they are on business trips.

"Bill has done an incredible job in the past year working for me," said Trump. "He's so talented that I thought he might want to go out on his own and make millions. We're lucky to have him back for another year and I can rest assured that my Chicago project is in the best of hands."

"I am so grateful for the opportunity that Mr. Trump has afforded me in the past year," said Rancic. "He has truly taken me under his wing and exposed me to his distinct and incredibly successful way of doing business. It will be a privilege to spend another year with him."

The Apprentice is produced by Mark Burnett Productions in association with Trump Productions LLC. Mark Burnett, Donald Trump and Jay Bienstock are executive producers. Conrad Riggs and Kevin Harris are co-executive producers. Al Berman is executive producer of the live finale.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ranster627
me too, its so tiresome when they drag these shows on and on.

... and for me personally ... Regis dropped the ball last time ... I expected much more!

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched this entire season, but with no real enthusiasm. I guess the tasks are interesting enough to keep me tuning in. But....as far as sitting thru a l've grande finale just to see who wins, this just doesn't appeal to me.

Does anyone else feel that way? No interest at all in who wins?

Guest XandraSkye
I'm just happy the finale is only an hour. Anything longer than that and I probably wouldn't tune in. I'm interested in watching it because I think Tana and Kendra will be the final two and I'm interested in seeing who the Trumpster picks between those two.

Guest ranster627

I am looking forward to the finale but am relieved that it is not going to be as drawn out an affair as last season. I found the whole Regis experience excrutiatingly long.

I would be interested to see how the hired Apprentices are doing on the job though ...

Guest XandraSkye
I think read some place, recently, that Bill was staying on with Trump after his one year contract was over.

Guest XandraSkye

See, I do know what I'm talking about every now and then.

So, if Tana and Kendra are the final two who do you think Trump will pick? The smart young one or the more experienced older woman? Hmmm....I think he would pick Kendra. She's definitely proven herself with the Pontiac ad and that caddy.

I will say this, if Alex is the final two over Kendra or Tana then I will lose all respect for Donald because that man is a NO WAY near as good as either of those woman. He's lazy and a ball-dropper...and a poor PM to boot.

Guest Anonymous

Hi ya! I'm not the most reliable reality tv watcher, but for some reason have been catching The Apprentice each week which surprises me 'cause I've been underwhelmed by it all. The only two contestants that should be in the final two are Kendra and Tana. Either one would make a great addition to the Trump team.

I agree with all of you - this season's Apprentice is the most boring ever. Maybe it's cuz of the extended boardroom footage, which drastically reduces the amount of time spent focusing on the different personalities, interactions and tasks.....I don't know.....

I also think that it will come down to Kendra and Tana. The only reason that Trump likes Alex is cuz he has "the look" and he's a good looking white male. :roll:

Guest susan

I think it will come down to the girls, and really I like Tana, I know Kendra had the good Pontiac thing, but Tana comes accross so much warmer and real than Kendra. Kendra Seems so condescending and self important. Thank God ol Alex is outta there.

Did any one notice in his cab ride finale that he never once said "thank you" for the experience, just that he had sooo many ideas that he now would rush home and implement them, He really in the end came across quite Shallow, and I think Craig is too quiet, doesn't pay enough attention to the "little things",(like the Pic in his fro), and is a poor comunicator. I guess we shall see soon enough! 8)

I felt the interviewer responses were pretty much the same things we have discussed here on Kendra and Tana's strengths and weaknesses. I agreed with most of the comments but do still believe that Kendra would be the best fit in the Trump Organization as was said. She is young, bright, moldable and would fit into a fast-paced metropolitan environment. Tana is more mature but less energetic and likely less flexible. I guess it comes down to what job DT has in mind for his Apprentice and which candidate is the better fit for it.

Kendra

Guest ranster627

I think Kendra is just savvy enough to be moulded. She is ambitious and that can make you open to whatever you need to do ...

BUT I still prefer Tana ...

Can a nice person survive the corporate jungle? I like to think so!

Guest Anonymous

Am I alone in this? I don't care who wins -- and I honestly can't take another two hours of Trump introducing his friends, pets, and employees because he can't just decide who to hire on his own and be done with it. The whole thing is really ridiculous -- the first season of this show was fine -- but I can't even bring myself to watch an episode now. I haven't watched for the last two weeks -- I know what the challenges were and who was let go of -- I really don't miss seeing it!

Guest XandraSkye
Yeah, once I start watching a show I this complusion where I have to stick with it. Unless it's really awful. I haven't been a fan of this season either because I didn't care for over 50% of the people but I do still enjoying watching the challenges.

I have a few "Guilty Pleasures" other than the occasional windex to clean my bi focals, the fixodent and efferdent for the teeth, and the occasional trip to the GYN clinic for hormore therapy. My secret "Guilty Pleasure" is The Apprentice, somehow hearing Donald say,"You are fired" brings back memories of days gone by. Days when I was in control. I do so love The Donald. _ salter-path

logo.gif

watercooler.gif

The Apprentice

I guess Donald Trump's going to be hiring a woman this time around, as it's down to just Tana and Kendra. At first (and maybe it was just wishful thinking) I thought it was going to be the world's shortest Apprentice episode, because in the first 20 minutes they'd run through the seizure-inducing interview montage and put Craig out of his misery. But then we got to see the girls look through a photo album of their past competitors and make lame comments about how pretty or handsome everyone was. Ugh. This isn't Top Model. And what the heck was Tana wearing when she re-entered the boardroom? Did Elmo have to die to make that? I hope not, but she sure looked like she wanted to kill Snuffy, aka Chris, when she discovered that he

Guest XandraSkye
And what the heck was Tana wearing when she re-entered the boardroom? Did Elmo have to die to make that?

:rofl

We said the same thing in my house. Well, not the Elmo comment but "what the heck is she wearing?" comment.

I love those 'Watercooler' comments.

Guest Anonymous
And what the heck was Tana wearing when she re-entered the boardroom? Did Elmo have to die to make that?

:rofl

We said the same thing in my house. Well, not the Elmo comment but "what the heck is she wearing?" comment.

I love those 'Watercooler' comments.

Lol, I said that same thing...what the heck is she wearing...! Poor Tana. First the bedazzler, than that...thing.

At this point I want all the reality shows to hurry up and wrap up and let's get going with BB. But for the sake of keeping on topic here...I think Kendra has the most potential. I didn't think Craig could make it through the interviews and he didn't.

Guest susan

Mango, I'm tellin you that your husband is soooo right, Kendra is sooo illiterate when it comes to the whole video game scene it could just cause her to lose. I myself play lots of video games, I have kicked butt on all the major ones and have all the systems hooked up to my t.v., and your hubby is right, she better get crackin and make that whole set up really stand out with all those consols set up UPSTAIRS, with the proper music and refreshments, and if she could get some of the major players in the game world, like some reps from say "Game Informer" magazine, a panal of pro players who know those particular games and could do comentaries and such, maybe someone who has clues and cheats, gaming is such a competitive thing. I am not in the age group that usually games, that you would think games, and that's where she is gonna go wrong, she may think it's just for the younger crowd and that could hurt her. I truly think Kendra doesn't have what it takes to pull this gaming venue off, she reminds me of the type of girl that would get really pissed if her boyfriend wanted to play a video game, instead of joining him, she probably would stomp off in a huff, she just doesn't seem to know how to have any fun, I can't even tell you if I've seen her crack a smil. I think Tana has this one. 8)

Mango, I'm tellin you that your husband is soooo right,

Ok, Susan, that just made me to :shock: and :lol:

I don't have a husband!! LOL

Those comments, as stated above, are from the TV Guide.com's Watercooler, I just posted the article. :lol:

But, yes, I agree, the video games were not in a very accessible place...poor Kendra, I hope she rectifies the problem.