First Place Prize Controversy

Twister

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as i saw those two cars... I thought.. man, the thread on morty's is going to be HOT tonight... LOL

Guest XandraSkye

Read this on TVGUIDE.com, 'Ask Ausiello' today. Thought'd I share.

Question: How come boyfriends Lynn and Alex were the only team to come in first on a leg of The Amazing Race and not win a dream vacation?

Guest ranster627

That very fact is what cooled me down!

I will say though, that I am pretty sure they would ALWAYS give Rob and Amber a prize ... it occurs to me that they were likely lured to the show!

Guest Anonymous

This is only my second season watching -- but I have to say it doesn't seem at all fair or right. Why bother with prizes for winning a leg of the race if you're not going to give prizes on all legs?

Guest XandraSkye
And last night's tasks didn't seem all that difficult to me, even though two teams screwed up and had to go back. :roll:

Why bother with prizes for winning a leg of the race if you're not going to give prizes on all legs?

To give us something to argue errr... I mean talk about!!

Please note - This thread is locked for the purpose of archiving.

Thank You

Mod Team

Edited by moderator to add the above quote.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that only the "star" team gets prizes. Am sorry, but I cant stand Rob and Amber. Maybe cause am a die hard Yankee fan :twisted: :evil:. But one thing Rob got going for himself.... He's Hot, that smile :D even melts my hard NY heart :wink: . Now I really hope that Joy and Uchenna win. That woman got guts. She does look good with no hair having a little head helps. And for all those people who whine about Gretchen's whining. C'mon know, considering their age, the have gotton far. Also look at all they have been through, and they are still there......... GOOD FOR THEM. :clap Am half their age, and I know I couldn't do it.

Guest ranster627

I think that all prize legs have to be "previously" decided on (before that Season) in order to comply with some laws about Game Shows ... I think I remember reading that somewhere ... sorry searched for the source to no avail ...

Have you noticed that it is the African AMerican couple and the gay couple who were NOT given prizes for finishing in first place on their legs? Meanwhile, Rob and Amber have won THREE trips.... :evil: 

Bias or coincidence?

:roll: Let's just hope it's coincidence

Have you noticed that it is the African AMerican couple and the gay couple who were NOT given prizes for finishing in first place on their legs? Meanwhile, Rob and Amber have won THREE trips.... :evil: 

Bias or coincidence?

Ronkel never got a prize for thier first place finish either... The leg prizes are pre determined before the race even begins...

Bias or coincidence?

I can't remember who won the first fast forward and if they received a trip/prize or not...does anyone know? Maybe they don't do it for fast forwards....I hope that's the case, otherwise it looks very, very conspicuous...

Oh, I think Uchenna should have shaved his goatee in support of his wife! No way would it have even come close to what she did, but it might have been a nice gesture on his part. I'm rooting for them all the way though...

GO UCHENNA AND JOYCE!!!

Bias or coincidence?

Coincidence....

Why does this have to be turned into discrimination?...Give me a break...every season it's the same thing...some legs have trips/prizes and some don't, it's just that simple...

...Give me a break...every season it's the same thing...some legs have trips/prizes and some don't, it's just that simple...

Except last season where I believe the winner of each leg won a trip of some sort.

Except this season has two big prizes $20,000 each for Bianca and pal. And a car each for Ray and Deanna.

Bias or coincidence?

they also hate P.O.W.'s and Beauty Queens

:roll: