First Place Prize Controversy

Twister

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous
any reason you can come up with huh? :wink:

People like Rob just plain annoy the *&^# out of me. Its not the way he's playing the game but rather the fact that the others - including the network are building it up. He's become the hero. This demonstrates that creeps are more worthy of airtime than the people who are there trying to play the game fairly and "happily". Is Rob smart? I don't think so but he is influencial. He lies, cheats, pushes, coerces and then flirts with the viewers to appear like a "fun" guy. I'm much more annoyed that everyone lets him get away with it because should I ever meet the jerk, I would be more likely to recognise him for what he is -- a fake. Note that I don't mention Amber because I don't think she has a brain in her head. She simply follows Rob like a devout pet collie and sits and stays as he commands. I have no respect for that.

Guest XandraSkye

I disagree with you Spooky. I think Amber is very smart. Sometimes keeping your mouth shut in certain situations is the smartest thing to do.

I use Lisa, the winner of Big Brother 3, as an example of this. Lisa kept her mouth shut about how she really felt mout the people in the house, whereas Dani vented about everyone in the DR and that came back to bite her in the butt at the end because the "jury" got to watch her DR entries. IMO, Dani was the best game player and should of won but her mouth is what lost it for her. (And, I think it is normal and healthy to vent about situations in your life and she wasn't doing anything that no one else hasn't done at one time or another in their life)

Guest XandraSkye

I actually had a question that was on topic....

This is my first time watching The Amazing Race. Does the couple that come in first place usually win a prize or is it only for certain legs of the race? In other words, was it really abnormal for them to have not won a prize last night?

Guest susan

I didn't hear what the prize was either, I don't think one was mentioed, but usually if you come in 1st you do win a trip or something.

Guest cmteachermom

Consider that perhaps Phil didn't think it would be the "boyfriends" coming in first. I must admit that I think he's enjoying Rob and Amber.

I have a question, and pardon me if it seems "dumb" -- does Phil get to see what happens at the Road Block prior to the Pit Stop? Just wondering.

Guest cappy

He has people stationed all over the destination. I remember hearing something about Lena/Kristy last year. I think Phil was saying omg I cant believe they are still out there looking for it, when he was at the pit stop.

Guest conniejoe

You guys are right. Phil definitely did not mention any sort of prize for coming in first during this leg.

Perhaps they have changed the rules and are only giving out prizes on specific legs this season. But I could have sworn that there was a 1st place prize awarded on every leg during last season.

Guest ranster627

I agree with teachermom ...

Seems to me the last AR had prizes every leg!!!!

As a man with no legs, I found this ironic, but this last one seems fishy to me ... maybe it was editted out?

any reason you can come up with huh? :wink:

He lies, cheats, pushes, coerces and then flirts with the viewers to appear like a "fun" guy.

I couldn't think of a better strategy!! :)

That's usually how you become The President too :twisted:

I don't know if it was the last TAR or the one before that, but I do remember one other time when the first place winners of a leg were not given a prize...I wonder what's up with that?? Strange...

Guest Anonymous

Good point Pharmgirl -- and I have no desire to be a politician either lol.

I'm just a unique personality it seems. I wouldn't do well in this game because I tend to play honest. Sigh -- when backstabbing and lying gets you ahead and popular - its a sad state. I hope this week's winners keep winning. I like them. And they deserved a prize! I hope they did indeed get one!

I just watched a video clip on the Amazing Race CBS site of an interview with Phil and Lynn and Alex at the mat.  Phil apoligized for not having a first place prize for them.  

So it's official - no prize this leg.  Seems a shame since Romber won a  trip last time.

Looks like they got what they deserve... Nothing!!

Guest ranster627
I just watched a video clip on the Amazing Race CBS site of an interview with Phil and Lynn and Alex at the mat.  Phil apoligized for not having a first place prize for them.  

So it's official - no prize this leg.  Seems a shame since Romber won a  trip last time.

With the facts confirmed about there being no prize, I think I may have the answer as to why. :idea: It occurs to me that all the prizes were sponsored ... maybe they didn't have enough sponsors this time around because the AR came back to back?

Just a thought, BUT I will be watching every other leg to see if it is just blatant discrimination!

Guest cappy

But, did you ever think that Lynn/Alex's joy of beating Rob/Amber took up their airtime of getting the prize? They might have gotten the prize, just not aired.

Guest ranster627
I've only been watching for 3 seasons so my question is does the winning team always get a prize at the end of each leg?? IMO, I highly doubt discrimination was the reason for  Lyn/Alex not getting a prize. If anything they didn't get one from just  being too obnoxious.

I will reserve final judgement until I see if anyone else doesn't get a prize. BUT I will think it was discrimination if every other winner does get one. Perhaps we are just back to the beginning again where not all legs get a prize?

Guest ranster627
The six words I am looking forward to hearing on AR are...  

"Lyn Alex you have been eliminated"

I won't disagree on that one ... I preferred the hillbillies, but I still think fair is fair ... I am on a mission over this prize thing now! :twisted:

With the facts confirmed about there being no prize, I think I may have the answer as to why.  :idea:  It occurs to me that all the prizes were sponsored ... maybe they didn't have enough sponsors this time around because the AR came back to back?

If that were the case (no sponsors) why did they give Debbie & Bianca $10,000 each for the first leg? They should have given them $10,000 as a team and then give the other $10,000 to last week's first place team.

I just think it's unfair that they have a full season in AR6 of giving out trips for the winner of each leg, and then all of a sudden no prize last week. It seems very unfair and I wonder whether the contestants were told before the race started that there won't be a prize for each leg of the race?