• Bo
    • Carrie
    • Constantine
    • Scott
    • Vonzell
    • All of the above
    • None of the Above

Guest Anonymous

I didn't think he did as well as Carrie tonight. I don't like country much, but she really tore up that song. Well -- tore it up more than anyone else did. I don't think anyone did "great" tonight. Really disappointing.

Guest Taloola

As usual, Bo was great. IMHO

Connie was awful, but one bad night isn't going to get him the bottom three.

Carrie is never consistant but her fan base is huge. She won't be in the bottom three.

Bo has a great fan base. Trust me, I'm part of it and we've got so much going on between SugarMoney (his band) and other boards that are linked.

So, I would hope that Vonzell, Scott, and Anthony will be in the bottom three. With Scott leaving. I was bored with that song and it did nothing for me.

But, yes there is a but to this.......Anthony seems to have a strong fanbase too. How many times has he been in the bottom three? I don't even know if he has been. If so I'd say once.

So, it could be Bo or Vonzell.

Guest Taloola

Yeah, I'm not too sure how many times. I don't think many. I know Scott has been in the bottom three for a few weeks now. So, he's bound to be back again.

Guest Taloola

I have to admit that Simon had it right when he said what he did to Connie. That was one of the worst jobs he's done in quite a while. I didn't think that would happen and it did.

He does a better job when he gets away from the "rocker" role.

This is jmho but I think songs like the one Constantine picked can be really difficult because the phrasing is really long (sing the song in your head and see where the breathing falls) and the notes on the scale are really tight so if you are off its hard to get back on track -- to find that one note that you can hook into to right yourself.

The other thing is that, and again, maybe its just songs you know, but of all the songs that were picked tonight, that one was the one I knew the best so it most begged the comparison to Nickelback. I had to really reach that Bo's song was Gavin DeGraw and while I knew Dancing with My Father was Luther Vandross Scott is so different that there was no mesh there.

Guest Anonymous

When you're right, you're right Lauren. The song Constantine chose tonight was one of the most difficult. I love Constantine and really hope he comes in the final two -- but still, I don't really think he did that great tonight. It seemed that he knew that too -- it was a real challenge and he "almost" got it but not quite. Of the performances he's given, this wasn't his best. I have no real fear that he'll go though. His fan base, as someone else said, is far too strong and they, like me, will forgive this performance. I think that Constantine and Bo both suffer from ill comparisons. They are indeed both rockers but rock has been around for a very long time. Remember the Beatles bringing in an orchestra -- they were original rockers but they definitely weren't hard rock.

I just think song selection is just so critical particularly when you get down to the best of the best.

I love Constantine but his song choice was just uggh. Nickleback with a big band. Just thinking about it makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Something from the goo goo dolls, rob thomas, john mayer, collective soul anything like that would have been great. If he had to do hard rock he could have even done something from Creed or Incubus with a few high notes. But to do what I would describe as a bit of a flat hard rock song and then add that big band was a bizarre combination which was just begging to be all of kilter. I just feel badly for him because he is so darn talented.

One thing I will say about tonight, it seemed like someone reigned it the background music a little. Not nearly as overpowering as it was last week.

Guest Anonymous

Again -- very true. The sound was much better. Remember that Constantine rocked the world with his perfomance of a Queen rock opera.

Guest XandraSkye

I picked "none of the above" because I was really disappointed with everyone's performances last night. Even though Carrie sang her song well I had no clue what it was so I wasn't interested. I knew the song that Bo and Connie sang but I wasn't "WOW"ed by either of their performances. Vonzell did a decent job but she was off key at parts. By the time Anthony and Scott came on I was already jaded so I probably didn't give them the props they deserved.

Ok, let me summarize. I didn't think anyone was awful but I didn't think anyone was great either. I had such high hopes for this week too because I knew I would most likely know all the songs they would sing since I'm very up on popular music.

*sigh*

Carrie was drowned out and I thought Bo was overwhelmed by the band too. I listened to Carrie again and it sounded better when I concentrated on the vocals.

I think she did great, but it was harder to tell since I wasn't familiar with her song choice.

Bo was good too, aside from the background music. Other than that, I was pretty disappointed with the performances last night. Vonzell and Anthony did pretty good also.

Please note - This thread is locked for the purpose of archiving.

Thank You

Mod Team

Edited by moderator to add the above quote.