Tommy Lee Goes To College

Guest ranster627

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

Tommy Lee Goes to College

Back in the early '80s, when Tommy Lee was running roughshod over the Sunset Strip with M

Guest ranster627

Looking at long, tall Tommy Lee, you'd think the dude's a natural athlete. Hell, with all the fights he's been in, we know he can throw a punch. Just ask the paparazzi. But he's the one who's nearly knocked out when trying out for collegiate sports. The recounting of his athletic exploits should have been enough to make him reconsider. "What's that thing called where you run with the pole?" he asks the director. Um, from the tape I saw, Tom, I think it's known as "Chase Pam Around the Bedroom." But I don't think that event is sanctioned by the NCAA. Nor are the Chuck Taylors he favors for the track-and-field events. And his Speedo definitely shouldn't be.

Fair enough, the guy's not an athlete. However, he is a pro percussionist, so there's no excuse for him to not make the drum line. Sure, the Cr

Guest ranster627

I've never really understood the whole frat thing. I guess the concept of pledging anything to anyone is kind of foreign to me (yes, I'm single), especially when you have to prove your commitment by gargling Tabasco or drinking beer from a shoe. Or so I've heard. But it's kind of surprising that Tommy didn't take to some aspects of fraternity life. After all, the bungalow he shared with his M

Guest ranster627

"Hey, let's call Pam." That's what some brave bro at the House of Lee suggested to Tommy during the frat's poker night. Knowing how volatile Tommy can be, you have to give that kid credit. But instead of laying the dude out or pulling a celebrity vanishing act, Tommy flips open his celly and starts ringing some of his famous friends (though not Pam). How cool was it to hear Snoop Dogg's voice-mail greeting? "Church, priest, tabernacle"? I have no idea what that means, but it's damn funny, Snoop.

And that's what I'm loving about this show: the fact that the kids get to interact so (seemingly) freely with Tom. It's like being at celebrity fantasy camp for them. In fact, all of the House of Lee brothers should wear T-shirts with those words emblazoned on their chests. The only problem is, we'd never be able to read 'em. Has anyone else noticed how freaking frequently T-shirt logos are digitally blurred out on this series? And it's not just T's. Everything from buttons to backpacks is rendered fuzzy. Now I'll admit that about this time every Tuesday and Wednesday night, I can barely see straight, but I don't need NBC or the producers making it worse. Is it done to sidestep trademark issues, avoid sponsor clashes or filter out offensive phrases? Regardless, it's maddening. So I pose this question: How can Tommy be considered reality TV if we aren't allowed to at least read things as they really are? Maybe Tommy can answer that query in one of his final papers.

Guest ranster627

You have to say this about Tommy Lee: The guy is genuine. No doubt there were some parts of his back-to-school series that were awkwardly prearranged, but Tommy himself sure wasn't playing to the camera