Janu

DivaSupreme

According to what Janu said in her interview this morning, she had already me her decision prior to coming to Tribal and that she did not quit just so that Steph could stay. She seemed pretty true to the person she was on the show. She referred to her own laziness and the time she spent in the hammock. She also restated that the night alone helped her make her decision.

Guest Saliente

okay, it's me again. Feeling like a point hound but still going to ask? Are the people at CBS blind or is it my eyesight that's slipping? I thought I saw Janu crying ...alot. Is she was no points were given. Also what's the rules on getting "voted off" or quitting. In the pass someone who quit did not get points taken away. Help! Because if she didn't cry I'll have to check myself in after work because I'm seeing things! :lol:

Great threads popping up today! You've inspired me to write one myself... lol

Do you think Janu is a part of the jury? Or is she casted off and Bobby Jon will become the 2nd member of the jury? I think if you quit... you're out!!!

Come on down Bobby Jon!!! :D

yes, i think she is on the jury. however unfair it is that she can quit and still be part of the game! this season is just messed up! but at least it stays interesting!

Dang... and I thought I had something to debate here... LOL.

Thanks for the info gang.

I'm locking my own thread now... :shock:

Guest ranster627

I think Janu on the Jury is going to be fascinating ... she is the least predictable person I have ever seen on the show!

Guest Willa

I thought I saw her cry too. And like you, I didn't expect they would take points from Janu since she wasn't voted off. Bobby Jon was the other cast away that left without being voted out and they didn't take it from him. Maybe they'll do like they did last time and make some corrections.

Guest cappy
I am glad Janu is gone, she went out with dignity and on her own.

Went down with dignity? If Im correct, Janu went out by quitting the game, laying her torch down in tears.

Guest Saliente

From your lips to CBS's ears. I wrote in but we'll see. I just wish they would be consistant with their scoring. I pick people on how CBS scored in a previous episode and then they changed up on me. Glad I'm not seeing things though. Really thought I saw my own little EP10. :D

Guest cappy
Ok but I still feel she lost her dignity in the game by quitting. I thought that after staying on that island she would want to stay in longer but I guess I was wrong.

Guest Willa

I do know what you mean. We point hounds do not tend to miss the shedding of tears, or anything else that might bring our team higher in the overall point standings. :)

I'm going over to CBS now to send an email too. Hopefully, we'll be luckier than Stephanie, and it won't "fall on deaf ears."

Guest Willa
From your lips to CBS's ears. I wrote in but we'll see.

CBS has added back the 20 points they took for Janu being voted off, but didn't add any for crying. You did good Saliente! They listened. (partly at least) :D

Guest ranster627
I guess I should clarify what I mean by dignity. The fact that the others were treating her like crap, and instead of giving them the satisfaction of voting her off, she just decided to end it her own way, and let Stephanie stay. I guess I am looking at it in a whole different light than others are.

Still can't stand Tom!

I see it much the same way ... she got what she wanted and now will be on the jury ...

Tornell Quits 'Survivor'; Still on Jury

By DERRIK J. LANG, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - Quitters never win, but if they make it far enough on "Survivor," they get to be on the jury. Janu Tornell, 39, became the fourth person in "Survivor" history to quit the competition, but she'll still help decide the winner of the $1 million prize as a member of the nine-person jury

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for that Jem -- it clears up a lot of questions I had. Its so easy to get the impression that we see it all -- isn't it?

Yes it is, we only see what CBS wants us to see. For all we know Steph is a total &^%$# or Tom is a tosser. They edit it to make us watch and for them to get ratings.

Early Show Highlights

Survivor: Palau Episode 10 Cast-Off

Janu Tornell

(SurvivorFever.net 4.22.05)

Segment 1:

Julie Chen: Janu Tornell, good morning.

Janu: Good morning, Julie.

Julie Chen: Since quitting the game, any regrets?

Janu: Absolutely not. It was the best move spiritually and for the game.

Julie Chen: When did you make that decision to quit? Right then and there while Jeff Probst was having this Tribal Council discussion or did you go into Tribal Council that night thinking you were going to snuff out your torch?

Janu: I think I went into Tribal Council thinking that that's what I was going to do. Spending that night by myself on the island kind of took me there, so...

Julie Chen: Why, what happened that night by yourself on that island?

Janu: It was just amazing. I was by myself away from the tribe...

Julie Chen: What a relief.

Janu: ...and for them as well. I mean who wants someone who sits on a hammock and does nothing? It was great to just be by myself. I got alot of things out of it. It was a great epiphany.

Julie Chen: The way it looked to the average person watching Survivor at home last night was maybe you were doing it to save Stephenie. Because if you stayed in the game it really looked like she was going to get it. She was a fierce competitor and people wanted her out of the game. It wasn't to save her?

Janu: No, it wasn't to save her and she is a fierce competitor. It was the thing that Koror wanted to do...whoever would come along we would get them out. Then she came over and it was all this "Stephenie, Stephenie we love you". Which we liked her. She always smiled at us during challenges. I love her. But we fought against her for so long and she was part of the other tribe. Why not keep our tribe together all the way to the end? But then they decided to take Coby out which shocked me and I terribly missed him. And then I couldn't take anymore. I just didn't want to compromise my integrity. And I never did during the game. I stood for what I believe in and that's it, I took myself out. But it wasn't to save Stephenie.

Julie Chen: And was it to play a psychological game with the remaining players in Palau?

Janu: Sure. I threw a wrench into their game because I think that they were going to use me as a pawn. And I wasn't going to be a pawn piece for anyone.

Julie Chen: If anything it revealed just how committed Stephenie is to this game. They all must have walked back to the tribe that night, to camp, and thought, "she is definitely next". She broke down into tears because she thought you weren't giving it your all. That you were quitting. She was disgusted by you.

Janu: Yeah, I'll never forget that. We were sitting there and she just really got very emotional which is fine but I thought, that has nothing to do with this. If you wanted something so badly and I want it in a different way, respect the fact that I want it in a different way. I respect your commitment to the game, respect mine.

Julie Chen: Let's talk about Katie. You and Katie were not bosom buddies. And it got a little bit catty when you overheard her gossiping and badmouthing you. What happened there?

Janu: Katie is a very unique individual. I am my own person and we're different. Obviously that was apparent. She couldn't get along with the fact that I was always getting sick and I was falling to pieces and whatever. And she always has humor in her answers and her interviews and she just kind of got nasty.

Julie Chen: What was the hardest part of this game? Dealing with personalities or dealing with the elements?

Janu: I think both. We dealt with alot. We dealt with rats. I had to deal with my stomach every single day. I had to deal with people that I don't know, that some I have been very close to now, like Coby. And different personalities, you're in a different element.

Julie Chen: How does it compare, because you've been a showgirl in Vegas for nine years, six nights a week, two shows a night. Which is easier?

Janu: I can tell you, being on stage. <laughter>

Julie Chen: Janu is going to stick around and take questions.

Segment 2:

Harry Smith: It was big time TV last night, really fun to watch. Janu welcome back.

Janu: Thank you.

Caller: Janu, first I'd like to say, you're beautiful...

Janu: Thank you.

Caller: ...and also, I like the drama that you gave us last night, standing up for yourself against Katie. Do you think the tribe is going to be more scandalous against Stephenie?

Harry Smith: What do you think is going to happen? A big chemical change happens because she is still in the game.

Janu: Absolutely. I think that I threw them for a loop and now they are going to have to deal with this power play.

Harry Smith: And you can't really talk because you're on jury...

Janu: You'll have to watch, I'm sorry.

Caller: It was evident that Janu was physically soft and mentally spent very early in this game. Janu, what I find hard to believe is that you decided to just throw down your torch and quit at Tribal Council last night. What and when exactly was your moment of clarity in regards to just quitting the game and how do you feel about being the second member of the Survivor quitters club?

Janu: Good question. I think I came to that realization when I went on the island by myself. It was my own special moment. As far as quitting, you know what, it's probably a great club to be a part of if you learn something from the game.

Harry Smith: It seems clear to me that you really had an epiphany there.

Janu: It may not be the same for everyone but for me it was ok. I don't regret it.

Caller: I've been watching the show since the beginning of the season and yesterday Gregg made a comment that whoever fits into his plan deserves to be in the game. I never saw him... in fact his claws are coming out for the first time. Does anybody else see that on the tribe?

Harry Smith: It's like he's been under the radar and we at home have been saying, this guy is playing everybody. Is that what it felt like to you as you were still in the game?

Janu: Sure, they were using me as a pawn piece. They needed me.

Caller: Why didn't you form an alliance with someone after the conflict with Katie?

Janu: The alliances were made and in my head I thought I was just standing alone. And after Coby left I was really alone. So, that's why.

Harry Smith: It was so interesting, because you were so cold in the water in that challenge last night. You go off to that island and you end up so peaceful and so happy. I'm very happy for you. It was fun watching you play.

Janu: Thank you so much.