• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've only seen it a few times and the acting was fantastic. I should give it another try.

Loved the 1st episode!!! I had a feeling with the way season 3 ended, Nancy would go more "Big time!" Also, I believe that "Ren Mar" (Their new location) is meant to be Del Mar, CA, which is just to the North of where I live... When they said, "Oceanside and Carlsbad" I was like, cool, their moving down this way, lol (Fictiously OF COURSE) Albert Brooks was a nice addition, and I loved how *SPOILER* ---->

Everyone threw Celia under the bus and it was her own daughter's idea, lol... She looks good in prison orange, lol...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Weeds

by Joshua Green

Episode Recap: "Mother Thinks the Birds Are After Her"

The Fourth-Season Premiere of Weeds represented a successful reinvention of its original formula. Season-Three's episodes were chaotic, often appearing directionless as its cast walked through countless absurd storylines. Characters such as Conrad, Heylia, and Vaneeta grew stale as their actions became increasingly forced. In response to its mundane Third-Season plotlines, the brilliant creators of Weeds puff-puff-passed on rehashing the old by taking the bold move of entering the creative unknown.

Tonight's program picked up shortly after last season's finale as Agrestic (the show's previous setting) was burning to the ground. Nancy, Shane, Silas, and Andy were deliberating where they should move now that their town was burning. Nancy admitted to her family that she poured gasoline in their former house to ensure that it would be ablaze along with the rest of Agrestic. She needed assurance that any evidence of her drug dealings wouldn't be left for others to find. In desperation, they decided that the best course of action would be to seek family for support, specifically Andy's family. For those of you unfamiliar with the earlier years of Weeds, Nancy was married to Andy's brother, Judah, who has been deceased for several years. Judah and Andy were brought up from a Jewish upbringing, and their father had no tolerance for the mixed-marriage of Nancy and Judah.

Most of Weeds' supporting cast are still regulars on the show except for Conrad, Heylia, and Vaneeta. While the Botwin's were moving on from their past (literally!), Celia, Doug, and Dean could not escape Agrestic's recent meltdown. As Celia was being held in prison for marijuana dealing, a jaded official rebuked her claims of innocence. She attempted to implicate Nancy, but Doug, Dean, and Sanjay united to falsely incriminate Celia.

The Botwin family arrived to a small upscale beach community near San Diego, close to the Mexican border. Once they entered Andy's former home, they found his grandmother lying comatose in her bed. Her caretaker is Andy's father, Lenny, and his appearance proved to be every bit as anti-gentile as anticipated. The Botwins settled into this home, as Nancy will seemingly take a larger step into the business of selling weed.

Posted by Joshua Green 06/17/08 1:26 AM

^^LOL, it's only a half hour show^^ If you don't have it dvr'd or tivo'd, I'm sure it'll be on like 20 more times before next week... The last 10 minutes kinda explains the direction this season is gonna go... Let me know what you think, when you make it through it...

lol

I may never make it....I came home late last night and felt I was awake enough to watch it "on demand" and fast forwarded it to a little less than half way through --- never saw the ending.

TV is to me what Ambien is to others. :shrugsshoulders:

But when I make it through to the end I'll let you know. :)

Okay, I figured this is where her career was going.

Honestly, I thought the show was unrealistic to begin with but always found it entertaining so I continued to watch. But, Nancy irks me at times and I just want to yell at her - "Go get a real job and encourage your kids to do the same."

I'll watch again, but if I continue to fall asleep on it then I know it's the show and not me because I managed to watch the full episode of Swingtown. lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I will correct myself. I got off to a slow start and couldn't get into it, probably because of BB. But, I did go back and catch up on the missed episodes and once again got into the show. I still believe alot of it is unrealistic, but like a trainwreck I have to continue watching. I have two episodes to catch up on and I think the finale is next week. I hope it returns.

• 3 weeks later...

This show has the best cliffhangers on cable. But then, you have to wait a year to find out what happens.

It's a great show, but I get pissed that I root for the bad guys. I keep thinking the Botwins will take their last big windfall and go straight,