Season 1 - Episode 1.23: One Wonderful Day (Finale)

Jem

Episode 1.23: One Wonderful Day (Season Finale)

Airdate: May 22, 2005

• 04/22 - Someone is in a rehab center, another in jail, and Karl will be in this episode. Source: SpoilerFix.com

[*]04/21 - It

• 2 weeks later...
James Denton (Mikey D) tells me of the final revelation, "I was surprised when I found out. I found out a little while back, when Mark sat down with me to tell me where it was going, because I needed to know for a couple of particular scenes with Noah, Bob Gunton's character, who's such a brilliant actor. It was a little surprising, and I was relieved that Mike had more of a life than just being Susan's boyfriend. We certainly aren't allowed to say who's gonna be back next year, and we don't really know, but I would've loved the way the storyline went whether I'm back or not. It's a really smart resolution."

Is it me, or does it sound like Mike's life may be hanging in the balance? You can see more of James' thoughts on the finale, the Vanity Fair fiasco and why he might be "chopped up in a trunk" in the video clip above.

:shock:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest XandraSkye

From 'Ask Ausiello' on TVGuide.com:

Question: Do you have any spoilers for the season finale of Desperate Housewives?

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: printed edition (Canada) May 21, 2005 issue

The Lowdown:

Here's what to expect on finale night:

• - a major character dies.

- We'll finally learn more about the day Mary Alice committed suicide and the mysteries that were introduced in the pilot.

- A cliffhanger will keep fans buzzing all summer.

- A housewife might end up in jail.

- Justin and Andrew make war, not love.

- Nelson Branco

Guest ranster627

Caught a commercial for DH tonight with Mike driving a car with Paul tied and gag in the back seat and Mike lying to Susan on the phone ...

Any word on who the major character is to die yet????

Guest ranster627
Updated 5/22/05

The mystery concerning Mary Alice will be solved by the end of the season. And we'll know the truth about Mike by the end of the season. There will be another mystery in season 2, however. And expect a cliffhanger or two to end the season!

ONE WONDERFUL DAY -- May 22

The explosive first season finale will include some huge events, though the show's keeping mum on details, except to say that the show will take place as much in the past as in the present. Someone's going to die, and at this point it appears Rex is the one destined to die. There may be some conflict between Andrew and Justin in the finale but Andrew's revenge against his mother is being saved for the fall. Eva Longoria has mentioned filming two endings involving the paternity of her baby, but she may have been joking, as creator Marc Cherry has said the issue won't be answered this season. 

Gabrielle and John will get into a major fight and it appears Carlos will learn the truth about John's affair with Gabrielle, even though Gabrielle agrees to claim she was having an affair with Justin and Carlos' sentence is lowered.

Flashbacks will feature Mary Alice and Paul with Felicia, baby Zach, and a younger Zach.

Lynette's storyline is going to an interesting place by the end of the season and we may learn Tom's secret.

And, oh yes, we're going to meet Betty Applewhite and her early 20s son, Matthew. They're twisted in their own special way...and will play a role in the second season's mystery.

---

Next season we'll meet Edie's ex-husband and her son.

Carlos is going to be in prison for a while, but that doesn't mean we won't see him; we'll see him in prison, where he's apparently going to be scheming, in season 2.

Rex and Bree's marriage problems will be over by the end of the season, but then the Van De Kamp family will be moving in an entirely different direction. So does this mean that Rex and Bree will be happy together--or could Rex be the person who dies in the season finale? George will be back in season 2.

While the mystery surrounding Mary Alice's suicide will be solved, the ramifications will carry over into the second season.

Guest ranster627
From the NYPOST Page Six

'WIVES' TALE 

IF you don't want to know what happens on tonight's season finale of "Desperate Housewives," stop reading here. Sources tell us that Bree's husband, Rex (Stephen Culp), will finally die of a heart attack, caused because George the pharmacist, who is in love with Bree (Marcia Cross), switched pills on him. Also, Carlos Solis (Ricardo Antonio Chavira) gets further into trouble at his gay-bashing trial when John the gardener (Jesse Metcalf) tells him he was servicing his wife, Gabrielle (Eva Longoria). "Why do you think I was mowing your lawn three times a week," he tells Carlos in the courtroom, prompting Carlos to go crazy in front of the judge.

This one was so good ... great find TwinkleToes! ... that I also posted it here ...

I cant wait -- 50 more minutes. I keep thinking something has to happen that causes Gabby to lose the baby (or abort??) . I cant imagine that they would saddle their sexiest character with an infant next season.

Guest ranster627

I am still going with the second family thing ... I think because it got out so quickly they are trying to throw us off ...

Guest ranster627

Looks like Zach is a little psychotic too ...

Oh, and just what are the new neighbours hiding in that house???? It's killing me already!

Guest ranster627

Looks like Bree is going to jail! Talk about a rerun of the Martha Stewart thing ...

I wonder now if Zach is the male to die tonight????

Guest ranster627

My bad!!!! It was Rex ... wowwwwwwwwww ... now Bree is a widow and will be going to jail ... sheesh ...

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name