my fav movies

Guest mikencandy

Guest mikencandy

well,

not like i know any of you. I guess i should say that i love all kinds of movies... what i really enjoy is a movie that i cant guess the end of, or one that keeps me thinking, or one that is just so disturbing, i cant get it out of my head. I hate movies with bad endings, movies you can predict, and movies that leave you "hanging"(no sequel ever).Please, read on.... but, "Passion of the Christ" should have won best picture, and it wasnt even nominated... what kind of lib bs was that??? Please, tell me. The "City of God" is one picture that still kind of haunts me to this day. Its not what you think (although, it is subtitled). Its a true story about gangs in Rio, Brazil.... very disturbing, but a great flick. I guess i have to say that i'm an inde fan.... Although I'm American... i do soo love the indie, british films.... "Snatch", "Trainspotting", "Boondock Saints", "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels". Some great American films like, "Requiem of a Dream", "Spun", "Saving Private Ryan", "resevoir Dogs", "Pulp Fiction", and "House on Haunted Hill" (redux). Also, i watched "SAW", and thought it was an A-. If you know any more movies along this line, please reply!!! As for now, I anxiously awaiting the release of "Layer Cake" on dvd...

mk

• 4 weeks later...

I saw Passion last week and was bored...Talk about knowing the ending :)

And I too like Endie films.. Requiem was amazing, I thought Ellen Burstyn gave one of the best performances I have ever seen.

Have you seen Being John Malchovich? That is a good indie film, it was written by the guy who wrote Enternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Adaptaion, which were both really good too.. And I don't like Jim Carrey and Nick Cage.

Memento is another great movie..have to really focus on that one :)

• 1 year later...