Fast Forward

raydog

Well it's a moot point now, since last night was the second and final FF for this race, but I have a question:

When someone successfully completes the FF, do they still have to "race" to the checkpoint/Phil? I couldn't remember what happened w/ Ray/Dana... but for some reason I thought that they were safe from elimination but didn't have to rush to get there.

Each time that the Fast Forward comes up, Phil does his little intro speech that tells us the couple who uses finds the fast forward and uses it will proceed directly to the pit stop without having to complete any other tasks this leg of the race.

Most of the time the ones who get it do make it to the Pit Stop first. Once in a while though, due to sheer stupidity, they have a hard time finding it, completing it or they get lost or meet some disaster on the way to the Pit Stop and don't come in first.

even if they get the FF they need to try and get to the FF and to the Mat first because remember they have a mandatory 12hr stop and they only get to leave 12hrs after they get to the pit stop. So the earlier they get there the earlier they get to leave thus giving them more of a head start! :D

Guest cappy
I would have been ticked if they were eliminated just because they got lost. To shave their heads and then get eliminated, I would just want to kill somebody.

Random Fact,

In TAR3, a team on leg 3 or 4 used the FF and got eliminated

That was Dennis and Andrew (father/son team). The task was to drive an army tank around a course in a certain amount of time, I think around 60 seconds. They then had a limo ride to the pit stop only to arrive in last place and get eliminated.

Guest cappy
Dennis/Andrew had trouble finding available flights that put them dead in last. When they got into London, all of the other teams where already on their way to Scotland. Even with the FF, they couldnt make up lost time and were eliminated.