Best and worst of what they could sing tonight

Lauren

Okay folks what would we love to hear them sing and what do we hope they wont.

I wouldnt mind seeing Anwar doing something from the Bee Gees -- he could nail something in that high octave.

I wouldnt mind hearing Carrie sing Last Dance.

Come on people what disco songs are there.

Oh and please god I hope no one sings car wash LOL

Guest Anonymous

My suggestions for songs would include :

Bo : How Deep is Your Love - Bee Gees

Constantine: How can you Mend a Broken Heart - Bee Gees

Anwar : That's The Way - KC & The Sunshine Band

Anthony : Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry

Carrie : Turn The Beat Around - Vicki Sue Robinson

Vonzell : Love to love You - Donna Summer

Scott :

Thats funny spooky -- we always seem to think alike. I was just posting in the scott savol thread some disco songs and I thought about love to love you for vonzell. That is such an all-time awesome song. Would be a real home run for her. (And I think she and Anwar will both shine tonight)

I think Bo needs to pick something upbeat. How Deep is My Love would probably land him in the bottom 3 again.

tsk tsk Nebartist. Raining men for anwar. Thats not nice. Your Scott Savol fingerprints are all over that list. :wink:

Maybe they will make the catergory broad enough that Scott can sing

(I dont want to work) I JUST WANNA BANG ON THE DRUM ALL DAY! At least when he sings that one angry (like he did with his last rendition of Against All Odds) it wont be as noticable :roll:

Guest Anonymous
tsk tsk Nebartist.  Raining men for anwar.  Thats not nice.  Your Scott Savol fingerprints are all over that list. :wink: 

Maybe they will make the catergory broad enough that Scott can sing 

(I dont want to work) I JUST WANNA BANG ON THE DRUM ALL DAY!  At least when he sings that one angry (like he did with his last rendition of Against All Odds) it wont be as noticable  :roll:

:rofl

Guest Anonymous

Looks right on topic to me. Also looks like it might contradict some opinions. But it seems a valid and on-topic thought to me.

Sorry to have started an argument here. I just wanted us to get back to talking about what songs we would like to hear them sing tonight. Disco is going to be hard and one of the things I always think about when I am watching the show is what I would have picked if I was that person.

I would love to hear Vonzell sing Love to Love You. I think Anwar is going to do well because alot of those types of song were written in the upper register. Constantine has proved that he can do some of that upper register stuff as well. I just cant even think of a song for the rest of them to sing, but especially Scott, Bo, and Anthony.

Since song selection is so important was wondering if we could do better at it than they will tonight.

okay slowpoke who do you want to hear sing Celebration. Kool and the Gang -- How could I have forgotten them. Oh thought just came to mind, please dont let Constantine sing Ladies night LOL

(And before I get flamed, I love Constantine.)

Guest Anonymous

Constantine should sing a love song as I do have a hard time seeing him doing disco. Then again -- I couldn't imagine him singing Partridge Family -- and I think he pulled it off -- it was funny and refreshing. I didn't think he could sing Queen -- and I've completely lost those socks he knocked off my feet. So disco? I'd really like to see him tackle a Bee Gees song. It would be completely entertaining.

I think that Bo will have a bit harder time. All I could think of was someone with a deeper voice. How about You'll Never Find Antoher Love Like Mine, Lou Rawls?

Laureen.... I can actually see Bo pull off "Celebration Time"...

if not him - then Anwar.

Like a lot of posters have said.... it's gonna be interesting :!:

:twisted: can't wait

Spooky I think if Bo sings another slow song, simon is going to serve him his head on a platter. I am trying to imagine him singing Celebrate and I am almost there.

I do think Bo is going to have some problems tonight because you can really tell when he is singing music he hates (is. musicals) I love all music except opera, from traditional Country ( think George Jones, Willie Nelson, Hank Williams Jr.) to rap (Eminem, 50 Cent, Lil' Kim) to Classic Rock (Judas Priest, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi). I love modern country (Toby Keith, Keith urban etc.) and yes even disco (okay I confess I have the 2 disc greatest hits collection for both the Bee Gees AND K.C. and the Sunshine Band) But there are definately people, and I think Bo is one, that really only likes a handful of genres and it shows.

And again, before I get 1000 lashes, I love Bo. I thought his version of Whipping Post was the best performance of the whole season. I just think tonight may be hard for him. I hope I am wrong, wrong , wrong.

The good news is that I think it will be just as difficult if not more for some of the others. I keep thinking of Clay swinging his hips in season 2 and I could see tonight being that kind of night for Anthony "Claymate" Federov.

Guest Anonymous

You may well be right about Bo singing anothing slow song. The problem is in the disco world -- I'm having a really hard time thinking of anything for Bo. I don't think he could handle the Bee Gees -- the falsetto would kill him. He sounds like a baritone to me. And for the life of me I can't think of a single disco baritone except Lou Rawles.

Spooky you are right as usual. I was looking at a list of the top 700 disco songs (can you tell I am procrastinating?? :lol: ) and I saw lots of songs that anwar could sing but not much in Bo's register.

I think he may have to take a song that was made into a hit by a woman and change it around. Then he would avoid comparisons with the original. The only other thing I came up with was maybe Brick House.

I would love to hear Anwar sing Serpentine Fire (Earth Wind and Fire).

And I was thinking (We Got A) Love Thang (Ce Ce Peniston) for Carrie.

I think its going to be a thin thin line tonight between good and CHEESY!

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name