• Anthony
    • Anwar
    • Bo
    • Carrie
    • Constantine
    • Scott
    • Vonzell
    • all of the above

Tough call tonight. Everybody was fairly good.

Scott did better than I thought he would but compared to the others still a little pitchy and just not as good.

Anthony did better than I expected but kind of boring.

Anwar was really good but his arrangement stunk.

Constantine may end up in the bottom 3 because the judges jumped on him and compared to what he is capable of not as good as previous weeks (but I still thought it was good)

Vonzell -- pitchy in spots but most of it was awesome

Carrie -- what the hell was she wearing, but awesome vocals

Bo -- BO IS BACK. Really terrific although it wasnt really disco (but I am not complaining.)

So I am going with Anwar, Anthony and Scott in the bottom 3 and Scott going home. Really tough call tonight

Guest Anonymous

Was it just me -- I couldn't even hear half of Carrie's performance. Either the music was too loud or she didn't do too well on the lower half of the song.

I think we might see her in the bottom three too. :cry:

Guest Anonymous

It bugs me because this girl can really sing -- but I predict Carrie, Scott, Anthony for bottom three. Simon was right -- Scott's performance was like a mediocre karoke

i have noticed that at times the band and background singers drown out the singer!!!

i dont hold that against them though its more the guys who controll the sound levels and dont forget it sounds different to them in the studio

Lauren... I would have added comments but your assessments of all 7 singer's were RIGHT ON.

imo anyways... :D

Guest Anonymous
i have noticed that at times the band and background singers drown out the singer!!!

i dont hold that against them though its more the guys who controll the sound levels and dont forget it sounds different to them in the studio

I can't hold it against them either -- but it does make it really hard to decide how they do. Thats why I think she may be bottom three -- no one could hear her!

I agree about the band and have been disappointed with them for weeks now. They have ruined quite a few perfomances in my opinion. Tonight they were very loud and it was very hard to gauge the performances. I think that Bo and Constantine did the best only because they were the only ones I could hear over the band. I wish I could vote the band off the show.

carrie was a victim of the band but I thought the biggest victim was Anwar. I felt very bad for him. he gave a great rendition of a hard song (I love earth wind and fire) but the music was all over the place volume wise. And the back up singers were horrifically loud. There was one point where he actually had a confused look on his face when they came in.

I hope since Simon and Randy go back and listen to the performances on tape after the show (by then paula's prozac has worn off so I dont think she does LOL) but when S & R listen again, I hope they say something on tomorrow nights show about it. Glad to know that I wasnt the only one who thought it was off. For a while I thought it was my imagination.

Guest XandraSkye

I voted for Anwar. He puts me to zzzzz.......

My bottom three were Anwar, Scott and Carrie. I actually thought Scott did a good job but I had to pick someone for the bottom three. I was going to pick Anthony over Carrie but Anthony actually did a better job singing last night. I didn't care for Carrie's dress but I loved the big hair.

Guest XandraSkye
Bo -- BO IS BACK.  Really terrific although it wasnt really disco (but I am not complaining.)

Remember, they are given a list of songs to chose from. They don't just pick something randomly. So, if it was on the list then it must of fit the category.

Xandra someone corrected me on another thread that we have been calling it Disco night but the theme was really 70's dance music and vehicle definately fits in that category.

And my previous post about Anwar, just to clarify, I didnt think he was bad, I thought that band behind him did him a huge disservice. Anwar isnt my #1 favorite but I do like him as a preformer.

Anthony's sustaining of his notes is about to make me shoot myself. Nothing like ruining a perfectly good song by singing through the whole thing. I picked him for the worst this week.

Otherwise, Anthony, Const and Scott are in my bottom 3 this week. :roll:

Please note - This thread is locked for the purpose of archiving.

Thank You

Mod Team

Edited by moderator to add the above quote.