The Shield (Crime Drama)

nebartist

• 2 weeks later...

I watch "The Shield" It's a great show,a little more graphic than other crime dramas. Vic is trying to redeem himself this year.The first 2 years he was a pretty nasty cop.He's the kind of cop you would love to hate,but this year he is definitely trying to go by the book and be the good cop.I don't know how long that's going to last now that Shane has Vic on his hit list.This season should prove to be interesting. :shock:

Jinx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

The Shield

An empty cop car sitting there spinning its lights... two officers not answering their radios... that was just plain creepy. Poor Carl. Poor Scooby. (I'm guessing he earned the nickname back when he shot that mute pit bull.) And the scene where Aceveda comes across their mangled bodies was just brutal. On the other hand, the hunt for a pair of cop corpses did bring everyone together, right? Look at Shane, getting all cozy with the old crew. Look at Aceveda playing patrolman and calling his former precinct his family. Heck, even Claudette seems to have softened up and forgiven Dutch for pimping her integrity to the D.A. But something tells me the lovefest won't last with Antwone in the hot seat. How are they going to pin the cop killings on him without his spilling the beans on Shane? If anyone can pull it off, Vic can, but with Rawling in the room throwing curveballs at Antwone, Mackey's going to need some help from David Blaine to pull this one off!

Good thing the Salvadorans coughed up the location of that dead teen, but Dutch and Lem better dig fast, 'cause judging from the previews, it looks like Antwone's about to start singing. I could tell you who's going down next week, but you don't have a badge or Level 3 clearance, so you'll just have to follow the fault lines and steer clear of those foreign operatives.

Guest ranster627

The Shield

Oh, it's a happy day in Farmington. Antwone is on his way back to the big house, the strike team is one pair of lie-detector tests away from a fresh start, and Aceveda is finally coming to terms with being raped last season

I love Glen Close in the shield....I hope she's around for a while......Here's my feeling on whats going on

1) Will Shane and his buddy pass the lie-detector tests? Shane might but I'm not sure about Army,Shane is pretty use to deception.

2) Will Julian cause a whole lot of trouble for the department? I think he is on the way out

3) Will Dutch do something really disturbing to get into the head of his strangler? Dutch messed up last night...bigtime but I think he will redeem himself

4) Will something horrible happen to captain Rawling? She is risking living in the neighborhood,I don't think she'll be killed but I look for the one niners to get even.

5) Will Vic kill Dutch when he finds out he's been messing around with his ex-wife? Vic is going to have a fit......this is going to be good.

I have one for you.....

:arrow: Do you think the cell phone will surface with the pictures of Astavada being held captive"You Know" :shock: last year?

I think he has lost his mind

Jinx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ranster627

Shield

Tretiak's beaten-up girlfriend, arrested along with him, thinks about her fate... and immediately tries to claw his eyes out before interpreting for the cops to help seal his fate. Guess he should've been a little more caring. And I guess Vic and the boys should've just faked wiring him with C4 so he wouldn't fall over and blow himself to bits. As I used to say when I was a little kid: Oopie.

Hey, isn't that Darrow Igus playing father to Antwon's half-brother Jason? Any Fridays fans remember him as the spliff-loving Rasta chef? Yah-yah-yah-yah! But whoa... Dutch is slugging it out with Billings, then going after Vic. Guess having "bitch" painted on your windshield and having your chair collapse under you starts to have an effect after a while. Not that I'd know from firsthand experience or anything. I'm much loved around the office and all my mishaps are purely accidental. I think.

And wow, did Acevedo screw Monica and Vic by cutting a deal with Antwon or what? Not as bad as he's gonna get screwed in return, I'm betting. And not as much as it hurt to have Vic tell he's not a cop... and never was.

Guest ranster627

The Shield

So when Rawling wants to undermine the D.E.A. plan with Antwon, she goes to Vic and Shane. She's certainly talking to the right guys to undermine just about anything... including her. Then there's the situation Dutch and Claudette face

• 6 months later...

Anyone else watching this show....I'm hooked,I wouldn't say it's your normal police drama series.I'm really surprised that the FCC allows them to view some scenes.I think it's been on for 5 seasons and I have caught the last 3.Will Mackey and the strike team finally be bought down.Seems like they already have Lamansky ready to work with Internal Affairs.Anyway I love this show....Anyone else ??

Jinx

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

The Shield

Hmmm. I wonder if, after the teary send-off Rawling got at the end of last season, the show's lost its edge. Let's see now: a funeral-parlor brawl sends a corpse tumbling out of its casket, and a moment later Gardocki catches a crucifix across the back of his skull. So I'm thinking... no. And just in case I still have any doubts, Vic turning a fire hose on a high-school riot douses those doubts promptly. And as Vic and the Strike Team race the "kill clock," Forest Whitaker's Kavanaugh is introduced, trying out his gum trick on Aceveda, who gets him started on the old Crowley murder by giving him Lemansky as Vic's weak point. All together now: Uh-oh.

By the time we watch Tina building up to nothing but trouble, everyone betting on who the father of Dani's baby is, the kill-clock plot coming to a close and Kavanaugh pulling Lemansky out of his house, we realize that as much of a talent as we lost when Glenn Close walked last season, Whitaker will do just fine as a substitute. Dutch watches a dolled-up Tina walk out of the station (oh, Dutch

The Shield

After more of Lemansky getting squeezed by Kavanaugh, we meet the charming Mr. Doomsday. Let me read your mind: the same guy who killed Superman some years back, right? Wrong. I'm thinking it's the little brother of Daniel "D-Day" Day, who was never seen again after ruining Flounder's brother's car. Coincidence? I think not. Then again, that's probably why I'm writing about cops instead of working as one. Now, here's the thing about creating scary characters. You come up with the name. You have him beat three college kids to death with his bare hands and rip the heads off two dogs, taking the poor pooches' noggins with him for later use. But there are only so many tough-looking unknowns in the Hollywood casting universe, so after you come up with him, you have to find someone whose looks live up to that. And this guy? I mean, I'm sure I couldn't take him, but they nonetheless needed someone bigger and a whole lot uglier. Actually, they probably needed CGI, but there's no budget for that, obviously.

Anyway, Tina finally got her earring torn out, which would've made me feel sorry for her had Dani not already warned her about exactly that (and the fact that she's still not gonna listen to anyone). Good scene with Vic and Lemansky at the end, though. It'll be interesting to see which way he leans after this, no?

Ok Lemonhead is wired by IAD but he was able to warn Vic about the investigations of Terry death, now I missed season one can someone fill me in??

Did the strike team off Terry?

Was Terry fixing to tell all on the strike team?

Man I wish that cell phone would surface with Astaveda,who would be the B@tch then....Ouch

Forrest won't last long, I think Vic will take care of that.

I think I may have to go to best buy and get the series. I seen where they have season 1-4

Jinx

I went Saturday and bought season 1-4,just got finish watching the first season which took me 2 days.Terry was working with Astaveda to bring down the strike team,Vic caught on and blasted Terry.Shane was in on it but Lem and Ronny didn't know.If you haven't watched the first season I recommend it highly.I was just amazed how they were able to air some scenes.....WOW

I think IAD blew it!! Cavanaugh got a little to close to Corrine,still to early in the season to say whats going to happen.Don't know about anyone else but I don't think Whittaker was the right actor for that part.Even with him going after the strike team I find him rather boring.

Jinx

The Shield

I once wrote (though I'm certain I stole it from someone else) that The Shield is like a tweaked-out cop show that's been awake for four days straight. Tonight I've eaten way too much ultradark, fair-trade chocolate and I'm so sensitive to caffeine that I'm buzzing like a cicada, so this is like watching the cop show on meth... on meth. Or, as my junior-high math teacher might've said, meth squared. (Hey, I spend much of my time watching TV, OK? An overdose on a 71-percent-cocoa bar is about as dangerous as life gets for me.)

Anyway, buzz or no buzz, lots happening once again. Kavanaugh hovers ever closer to Vic and the Strike Team; Lem does his best to pretend to play along while protecting his guys; and Vic and the boys decide to help themselves by helping Lem... for now. In the meantime, we've got a sex-slave ring, tension between Claudette and Dutch, a witness' missing brother and a tough new P.D. named Becca. Oh, and Shane's "chee-chee" joke? I heard it years ago as something called "bunta." Which still can't be as painful as what Tina did to the guy who tried to attack her (not that he didn't deserve it). Things are certainly getting even more interesting now, with Vic meeting Kavanaugh, Corinne figuring out that Kavanaugh's trying to play her (and telling Vic about it) and my now-weekly realization that Forest Whitaker is a killer in this role. Nice scene between him and Michael Chiklis, too. And with Kavanaugh's knowing chuckle after they shake, I'll again end with what's becoming my Shield mantra: Uh-oh.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I under estimated Kavanaugh, I still don't think he will bring down Vic,but he might get close.I think I have been watching to much of this show.I bought season 1-4 a couple of weeks ago and I'm down to season 4,well I had to go to New Orleans today to the Dr,left at 6:30 this morning and got to his office 3 hours later....traffic was a b@tch!! I finally got back home about 1:00,took a muscle relaxer and a xanax to calm down...ended up crashing but woke up when I was having a dream about being a CI (Confidential Informant)

Needless to say......I'm shielded out!!

Jinx

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: SPOILFIX

Airing Tuesdays at 10 p.m.

11/28 - Episode 5.05 - Trophy [Airing February 7]: Vic drops of Cassidy at Corrine's hospital, but then a woman on drugs slams her head into a car window. A doctor there enlists Vic's help in catching bad medicine suppliers. Kavanaugh secretly approached Corrine about Vic. Dutch and Claudette continue to argue over just about everything. David and Kavanaugh close in on the Strike Team.

02/01 - Episode 5.06 - Rap Payback [Airing February 14]: Kavanaugh sets up operations at the Barn -- in Billings' office. On the street, the Strike Team is preoccupied with gang violence involving a white drug dealer. Meanwhile, a bloody shirt reopens a cold case for Claudette and Dutch, and Tina learns something about Julien that he certainly doesn't want her to know. Source: TV Guide Online

12/21 - Episode 5.07 - Man Inside: The Strike Team works together with a cop from another division. There's an operation going on to catch two guys who supposedly killed their wives/girlfriends and kids. They use a CI for the sting. A police raid goes bad.

02/01 - Episode 5.08

02/01 - Episode 5.09

02/01 - Episode 5.10

02/01 - Episode 5.11 - Postpartum

The Shield

Now we come face to face with the problem presented by TV's series-and-season structure: None of you guys really thought Kavanaugh was gonna nail Vic and the boys for making a deal with the Russians, did you? Not unless the series is going to end and, even if that were the case, certainly not this early in the season. So the problem for the writers and producers is to make the episode entertaining even though we sort of know how it's going to turn out. Or, at least, how it's not going to turn out. Mission accomplished. Kavanaugh's humiliation when he burst in on the scene, ruining Vic's plan to establish a blood relationship with the Russians, was complete. And once again, we saw why Forest Whitaker is the man for this job, playing it perfectly. His freak-out at episode's end was a thing of beauty, too. (Add another "uh-oh" to my tally.) In other developments: "I'm sorry. I'll stop." A touching note from Dutch to Claudette and a nice scene between the two of them as she tells him she suffers from lupus. Yet another screwup by Tina and another hint at how much damage she's going to do to Dutch if he lets her. As Peaches' roommate said in explaining how she killed the victim with a bat: "S--t just happened." That it did, and that it does. And a whole lot more of it's due to come raining down in weeks to come.

SPOILER ALERT....HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK AUSIELLO

Question: Any spoilers on The Shield?

• 2 weeks later...

SPOILER ALERT..HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

02/15 - Episode 5.08 - Kavanaugh: [Airing February 28] Vic enlists Emolia -- with Kavanaugh's grudging assent -- to infiltrate a Salvadoran gang that has grenades in its arsenal. Meanwhile, Kavanaugh tries to enlist the imprisoned Antwon Mitchell (Anthony Anderson) to rat out Vic. And Dutch offers information about Vic to Kavanaugh, who also has a criminal matter involving his ex-wife (Gina Torres) to worry about. Dutch is involved with that too. Source: TV Guide

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

02/22 - Episode 5.09 - Smoked [Airing March 7]: Lem's in jail, and the Strike Team can't bail him out because Kavanaugh has had their assets (and Corinne's) frozen. Kavanaugh also engineers a confrontation between Vic and Terry Corwley's brother. Elsewhere, Aceveda confronts Kavanaugh; Claudette, who's back at work, investigates the murder of a man whose body was found in a dumpster; and Tina makes yet another mistake. Source: TV Guide

02/01 - Episode 5.10 - Of Mice & Lem

02/01 - Episode 5.11 - Postpartum

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...