TAR Episode 8

nebartist

Guest XandraSkye
And here I thought last night would be a non-elimination round but instead I get "To Be Continued".... grrrrr...... :x

Guest XandraSkye

From 'The Watercooler' on TVGuide.com:

The Amazing Race

Was I the only one who had the feeling that this was a non-elimination episode? Can you imagine being those teams that thought they had a rest coming up but instead found out that there was much more to come? That reminded me of this obstacle course I did years ago. There was a bike pedaling part to it, and I thought we had to do only one lap, so at the end I gave it my all and pedaled like a madman. As I crossed the finish line, I found out that

Talk about a snoozer of an episode...oh well. I thought the tasks were especially boring, particularly the tea task. The only thing that I liked about the ending was when Rob and Amber confidently walk up to the mat thinking they were first and had won another prize, just to be told they were still racing (I love Romber but the look on Amber

Using 20/20 hind site, we should have seen this coming, the to be continued.

Think about it........when have we ever gotten so many hints......Romber was exhausted, Alex and Lynn were leaning against the counter at the tea booth and one of them said something about hoping the clue sent them to the pit stop, they were tired and then the guy commented on Uchenna......duh! We should have known something was up.

:?: Question: Can someone please tell me why Meredith and Gretchen have not gotten their possessions back from Phil yet? Did I miss something? Do they not ever get them back?

Also, I was not home at the time the show was on last night, so I taped it. And when Rob & Amber got the last clue, Amber remarked that it was strangely worded, since it said "find Phil and the mat" but not Pit-Stop, and then she wondered aloud if this meant that the leg was not over yet. So I don't know why anyone thought she looked surprised. They were hoping it was a pit-stop, but were wary of the possibility before they climed up onto that roof.
    Also, in the preview of next week's episode, I did not see Rob & Kelly, and MAY have seen Lynn & Alex, but definitely saw the other three teams.

The previews from next week look like they continue on to have at least one Roadblock, so it's probably like another full leg with detour, roadblock, etc. So, really it's as if last night's show was a full leg, but without calling it a leg the producers don't have to give out a prize (or not, as the case may be) and they don't have to eliminate someone or use up a non-elimination leg and they don't have to strip someone else of all their cash/belongings.

I think it's kind of neat having the occasional twist this season, such as the new non-elimination twist of taking all their stuff, and now this no pit stop thing when the teams are exhausted. It really is pushing contestants to the limit and testing their mental endurance.

It makes me wonder how some teams on previous races would have coped. I think some of last season's teams would have gone into melt down if these twists had been thrown at them.

:?: Question: Can someone please tell me why Meredith and Gretchen have not gotten their possessions back from Phil yet? Did I miss something? Do they not ever get them back?

They showed Gretchen buying a backpack and showed Meridith still carrying a green plastic bag. Phil did say that they would not get their personal possessions back and I don't think they have. They got clothes from the other teams' date=' and some toiletries so I think they have successfully gathered like squirrels new goodies.[/quote']

I guess I must have missed the part where Phil said that they would not get their stuff back for the remainder of the race...I thought they were going to get it back after that leg....

I just saw a preview of the next episode,
    on my local CBS affiliate station,
    and they showed someone getting their head shaved
    (looked like dark hair),
    but I'm not sure if it's archive footage from a previous race,
    or real video from this upcoming episode.
    tar0xz.jpg
    p.s. ConnieJoe, can you find those web teasers for us, like you usually do?

Guest cappy
    TAR5 had a FF in which teams who opted for it had to get their heads shaved at an Indian tradition. This took place in Calcutta (Kolkutta), India. Its either Lynn/Alex or Rob/Amber taking the fast forward. Im guessing its Lynn/Alex.

Guest Taloola

I also saw the commercial regarding the head shaving. Here's my theory on Rob and Amber. Amber would never do this because of the wedding. From a women's point of view that would never happen. Rob would do it but both would have to participate which leads me to believe that Amber would have no part in it.

I am curious to see if anyone does it and who it will be. I also wonder if a women would ever do it now or in the future.

Guest Taloola

Wow! If you're right then I give her all the credit in the world. That's what I call a real player in this game. :wink:

I agree it couldnt be Romber with the wedding coming up. Rob would never even ask her to do it. They are strong enough to figure they have won so much that it doesnt matter if they dont win the leg and not winning the leg doesnt mean they will necessarily lose the competition.

I saw the commercial and paused on the shot -- i thought not only was it dark hair but it looked like the person getting shaved had black skin, which would mean U and J..... and yes, if J wants the million to have a baby she would shave her head in a heart beat. Nothing is stronger than a mother's love for her child, and I bet in her mind thats what she is playing for. Thats why if Romber doesnt win, I hope its U&J.

Time for team catty (Alex and Lynne) TO GO HOME

Guest Anonymous

I'm wondering if they got a rest in between at least -- all the teams looked really tired. I'm guessing they didn't -- but still -- looks like a long leg to me. Perhaps they get a 24 hour lay over instead of the 12 hour.

I was looking at that same commercial, and I thought the hair was, er, well, no offense, but it looked like real tight curls, like an afro would have. So I am thinging U and J also. Has anyone seen pictures of Rob and Amber since the wedding? She would have had time to grow some of it back by now, but again, I think it is U and J.