Why hasn't an all women team won the race?

Guest Stewie

Guest Stewie

Now, i have not seen every race, but i am sure no all female team has won the race. I'm sure I will be corrected or edited or deleted if I am wrong, but why does everyone think that is? Is it the physical aspect of the game?

Let's discuss and remember to stray as off topic as possible.

:mrgreen:

Guest cappy

Linda/Karen are the only female team in the history of the race to make it past leg 10.

Some more fun facts...

For the past two seasons, the only two female teams have been eliminated in legs 2 and 3 (Meredith/Maria, Lena/Kristy, Megan/Heidi and Debbie/Bianca)

7 teams have made a first place finish and then eliminated the next leg. (Hayden/Aaron, Alison/Donny, Amanda/Chris, Steve/Josh, JV/Jill, Derek/Drew, and Mary/Peach)

Teri/Ian are the only old couple ever in the history of the race to make it to the final 3.

I don't know, Stewie.

It would be nice for an female team to win. Maybe it's because TAR casts women who they think will draw in viewers due to the beauty factor instead of brains.

Hence, why myself and sister aren't on the show. Hmmm...

My guess is that some of the road blocks require a lot of upper body strength and some women (not all) have trouble lifting heavy objects with their physiques on a constant basis. I'm thinking it's the physical aspect that prevents an all women team to win thus far. However, if you get two women in great athletic condition than I don't see a problem with an all girl team winning. For example, Lori (lori/Bolo) and Angie ( Survivor Palua) would make a winning combination of strength and smarts to do it.

I don't know if I could take their preaching for 3 months again but physically that's a great team.

Guest cappy
Suds, not everybody is a buff, strong chick or the twins case, chicks. I agree that the women do have a sort of disadvantage strength wise. But then again, a few of the female teams, alright all of the female teams I have seen in the race have screwed up so bad at least once that they couldnt recover from it. I agree with Cali being under those stressful conditions.

PMS allows a woman to act once a month like men do everyday. 

:twisted:  :evil:  :twisted:

:rofl

Twister, you need to copyright that line and have it printed on t-shirts and bumper stickers. You'd make a fortune.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but didn't the girl cousins group make it pretty far in the game... like final 6 or something... Marla/???? (I'm not sure about their names)... The one cousin had a crush on Phil and the other cousin did just about EVERYTHING and kicked a lot of the competitor's behinds... :D

I think it can be done but we do have a statistic going on here too.. there are more men/women and men/men teams that get cast for the show so, it only makes sense that there are for of those types of teams that are winning.

Just a thought or two. :lol:

Guest XandraSkye
Agreed but what about the twins from BB5.

I thought of them too, strength wise. Not sure about smarts wise though. I mean, these are the girls who thought Karma was Carmen Electra's sister. :lol:

(Editors note: I actually liked the fitness twins, their over confidence is what did them in.)

Guest ranster627

With all the twists and gimmicks being introduced these days into reality TV, I wonder why they couldn't do an "all-female" AR to have a level playing field?

As a wheelchair user, I am a realist that there is no market for what I would really like, an AR for people with disabilities! :shock: BUT I do think an "all female" AR would be marketable and refreshing!

there were some teams that i thought could have made it ex..

i think that heather and eve could have made it if they didnt take the taxi in season 3.

i think that linda and karen could have made it if the race wasnt set up for the 3 most physical teams to be in the top 3.

i think charla nad mirna could have made it if it wasnt for bad luck.

i think that lena and kristy could have made it if it wasnt for bad luck.

i think debbie and bianca were difinatly competitors on there but teams quitting the challenge made it harder for them.

Guest XandraSkye
You said the twins from BB5. Not every woman is a fitness trainer like the twins.

That's very true, Cappy. I'm one of those women who ISN'T a fitness trainer or in good fitness shape. We were just using them as an example of two women who would probably excel at the physical tasks on The Amazing Race.

Guest Anonymous

Isn't the real reason because its set up to eliminate them? Women are usually rated as second class -- so even those teams all-female teams that enter are basically expected to be dumb, naive, and incapable. Being told something long enough often results in feeling that way.

What is needed is an all-woman team who believe in themselves and don't care what anyone else says.

Guest cappy

Im starting to think that Spooky. Im finding it odd that all-female teams are being eliminated back-to-back.

In TAR2, Peggy/Claire and Deidre/Hillary were eliminated one leg apart. In legs 1 and 3.

In TAR3, Gina/Slyvia and Heather/Eve were eliminated two legs apart. In legs 1 and leg 4.

In TAR4, Monica/Sheree and Tian/Jaree were eliminated back-to-back in legs 6 and 7.

In TAR5, Kami/Karli and Linda/Karen were also eliminated back-to-back in legs 10 and 11.

In TAR6, Meredith/Maria and Lena/Kristy were eliminated back-to-back in legs 2 and 3.

In TAR7, a repeat happened with Megan/Heidi and Debbie/Bianca were also eliminated in legs 2 and 3.

Makes you wonder doesnt it...

This is why I really want to be on this show with one of my older sisters. We are both well travelled, have been athletes in training since we were 5. We also would fit the "older" catagory. She's blond. I am brunette. She is short. I am tall. She has the oldest child personality. I am middle. Plus we have the will to do it all. I wish they would take us "normal" people!!!!

{okay, some of you may say that we are not normal....}

Guest cappy
I think learning Spanish is most essential. A lot of people in Europe know how to speak English and it seems that most struggle when they are in South America.

Guest Stewie

Back to the topic.....

How many women does it take to screw in a lightbulb on The Amazing Race and would they win?

Hmmmm.....

Back to the topic.....

How many women does it take to screw in a lightbulb on The Amazing Race and would they win?

Hmmmm.....

Two at the least, but they would have to be very careful while doing it!!

Let's hope it's a clear bulb and not one of those frosted ones!!

Team pervert wouldn't stand a chance against us Moody, they couldn't take their eyes off our chests :wink:

Ahh you are sooo right dglow..all that bouncing and hair flipping..they'll be puddy in our hands..hehehe :twisted:

Then we could get them drunk, steal their $$ and their clothes and leave them naked in a ditch on the side of the road

And WOMEN WOULD WIN THE RACE!!

Guest Anonymous

Actually the reason would be more along the idea that women tend to excel at multi-tasking. A woman's superior intellegence isn't made for a show like TAR -- where there's only one thing to think of at a time. The woman's mind gets too bored with the tasks.

And King -- c'mon -- burn a little more oil -- it'll make sense after a while! :wink: