The Top 12 Guys

SugarB

I was surprised by a couple of performances tonight, I must say. Here's what I thought:

Clint Jun: Can't stand him and I didn't really like his performance. This bug can be exterminated!

Jovany: This guy is sexy with a capital S! Loved him tonight.

Jordan: Really dude? YOu thought you could sing Usher? Newsflash- you can't! Totally sucked. Go home.

Tim: I thought he was a complete mess - terrible song choice.

Brett: LOVED him! I thought he did a great job with a great song choice for him.

James: Glad he used the "scream" sparingly. This kid has mondo talent. Loved him tonight!

Robbie: Arms of the Angels - totally wrong song choice, and it was a mess. I think Jennifer and Steven need to put down the crack pipe.

Scotty: Pleasantly surprised - he did a good job tonight. I just don't think he is going to be able to adapt to lots of different kinds of music.

Stephano: Bad song choice. Didn't like it

Paul: This guy is so quirky, but I love watching him. His smile is amazing!

Jacob: While his style may not be my personal taste, this guy is so talented. Great job tonight.

Casey: Another quirky one, and I love him too!

My "wish list" for the 6 to move on: (in no particular order of favorites)

Brett

James

Jovany

Paul

Jacob

Casey

1. Clint ok performance not blown away

2. Jovany average vocals

3. Jordan worst of the night by a mile. wrong song choice and an usher wannabee

4. Tim took a step back tonight . i had high hopes for him not good vocally

5. Brett not good vocals

6. James too over top for me

7. Robbie major pitch problems not good

8. Scotty wasnt fan before. but imo the best of night. perfect song choice. i must be sick :animated_rotfl:

9. Stefano another bad

10.Paul awful stage presence but overall song was ok. might get tired of his voice thou

11.Jacob creepy performance too much vocal gymnastics for me

12.Casey very strange performance but one of better ones of night by default

I only Like James, Jacob and Casey, the rest are medicore. I am not too sure about some of the girls, so will be waching tomorrow night, and I may change my mind from week to week, but the 3 I mentioned are the only ones who did it for me tonightanimated_wave.gif

Oh and I wanted to say I agree with Sugar 100%, hate that guy Clint Jun, he is soooo full of himself, and looks like a dufus with those glasses,lol

I thought the show was just ok last night. But I guess that might be a good thing since I won't be too heartbroken when half of these guys get cut tomorrow. lol

My favorite performances were:

Brett - I think he's just the cutest! I really like his voice and loved his performance last night.

Casey - I love his voice and he's just such a great performer - I thought he was great last night.

Jacob - He's not really what I look for in an Idol contestant but his voice is ridiculous! I'd love to see something happen for him after Idol.

James - I hate to admit this, because he seems like such a douche, but he was one of the best last night for sure.

Paul - I hate it when people reuse songs on Idol but he's so good that I don't even care. I just wish he had worn the flower suit again, too!

Scotty - It was so nice to hear him sing a different song! I thought he was really good last night.

These are the 6 I'd like to see advance.

Re: James - People who have Asperger's are notoriously bad at social skills, so that may be why he seems like a douche to you. Put Tourettes on top of that, and the kid has a lot to deal with. But when he is singing, it all seems to go away. As long as he keeps the screaming during his songs under control, I can be a fan.

Last night was my first time to hear any of them sing other than their audition(s) and except for a couple of guys, I was pretty impressed by the overall quality of this year's singers and also their stage presence. I also like the three judges. I don't miss Simon or any of the others and I'm thinking that Randy doesn't; either. So far, so good. No definite fave yet. I like to see them have to stretch a little from their comfort music first.

lol clint and jordan had no shot to make top ten

Re: James - People who have Asperger's are notoriously bad at social skills, so that may be why he seems like a douche to you. Put Tourettes on top of that, and the kid has a lot to deal with. But when he is singing, it all seems to go away. As long as he keeps the screaming during his songs under control, I can be a fan.

That's probably part of it, but I think a lot of it has to do with him comparing himself to Adam Lambert. :disgust:

He's definitely got a good voice but there is only one Adam imo. (and some people are pretty thankful for that. lol)

Once Jordan and "Jun Bug" were out, I was a happy girl. GLAD that Paul, Casey and James made it. Wanted Jovany to make it - he wasn't the greatest singer, but oh boy, he was a hottie. Oh well, cest la vie!

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name