TOP 24 Discussion

King123

lauren turner has impressed me vocally

not a fan of scream club and vocal gymnastics club of james turbin and jacob lusk

both needs to seriously chill out

clint and jordan should packed their bags now no way they get any fan support to advance due to crappy hollywood edit they received so far

lauren alaina has gotten a lot of airtime , i wonder if she will crash n burn like katie steven /andrew

paul mcdonald/casey seems to be early fav on guys side , lauren alaina on girls side

scotty/haley/jovanny sucks balls and they should have been cut a long time ago

thia is probably not ready for competition as seen by some of her lackluster performance

I'm pretty happy with the group overall. There are some choices that I don't agree with but most of my faves made it through.

My top 12 (is that what it is this year?) would be:

Casey Abrams

Brett Lowenstern

Paul McDonald

Jacob Lusk (I'd like to see him make it to the tour because I think he really needs the money.)

Robbie Rosen

Tim Halperin

Lauren Alaina

Lauren Turner

Julie Zorilla

Karen Rodriguez

Ashton Jones

Pia Toscano

Early faves for me:

Lauren Alaina

Naima Adedapo

Julie Zorilla

Brett Lowenstein

Casey Abrams

There are some others I like but not sure if I will grow tired of them quickly (one trick ponies), so reserving opinion for now.

Scotty should have NEVER made the cut, nor should have Tatynisa. And on a personal note, I can't stand Jordan Dorsey. He needs to get over himself.

Okay, saw a commercial for this week's Idol - and not sure if I misunderstood, but I think they said that they will be going straight from the 24 to the top 12 - which means that 12 people will go this week. Anyone else heard this or was I just trippin'?

you heard correct

one week away from top 12

usually i am not a fan of one and done but this year i am just ready

the whole season has been drawn out

lets get on with it

I do not like Clint - a bit to ruthless to be an Idol.

Love Casey...

Not quite sure what judges see/hear in Robby & Scotty.

Overall I do not like that AI reduced the age to 15...I would rather see it back to 18+...some of youngsters are good but I think this particular pressure cooker is better directed toward people eligible to make the choice to either put their life on the line in the military or become the next American Idol.

Not sure if it's true, but according to what I read, they might not pick the wildcards tonight. Check it out:

In a strange twist, Idol is not naming the wildcards this week. JoesPlace is reporting that it looks like on Thursday, 10 people will make it into the top 12. Then, next Wednesday, the 14 losers who didn't make it will be back to sing again for wildcard spots. Next Thursday, the judges will pick 2 of them for the top 12. JP says that means next week there may be no voting at all. We can't believe Nigel would let the voting pause for a week and give up on the texting revenue, so maybe the audience will get to vote in a 3rd wildcard for a top 13 (with 2 people going home the first week). Idol is way too greedy to not allow voting next week. Well, we'll see what happens. But at least it means we'll get to see all of the VFTW worthy guys for another week. Yay!

everything with top ten went as expected except haley :disappointed:

wtf america

i wished lauren turner would have got a chance at wildcard sing off

she was one of my hollywood standouts

naima had a off night and didnt deserve that spot

i must say i am surprised they put in both naima and ashton for wildcard girls spot

I do not care for Ashton, personally I dont like her mouthiness, and I was thrilled that Clint didnt even get a play,lolol, he was sooo stuck on himself and I did not like the way he was during Hollywood week, by by now Clint,lolol,

Not sure about Naima, but I am happy with the overall top 10animated_scratchchin.gif

By far,for me, last night was the best elimination show. Hardly any playing around. Quite straightforward. A top ten I can understand. As for the other 3- I would have liked to have seen Brett get a chance just because he is different and maybe unpredictable which, for me, makes a better show. I understand the need to pick a crooner-like male however and of the three I would have preferred Robbie but I have no argument against Stefano (or Jovany either). And for the girls, I'd have preferred Lauren Turner to Ashthon. I do like Naima though and her story is compelling which I'm sure played a part in her getting chosen.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name