Tea in India

Twister

Did anybody else notice that it seemed as though they managed to find an office building full of jackasses to be served tea to?

The people in the crowds outside the building, and most every other place they showed them going in India, were friendly, helpful, cheering and even idolizing the contestants. But that office building was full of a bunch of solemn faced, unhelpful and even lying people. Whazzup with that?

Do you think the office people were told by the producers to be as unhelpful as possible to the racers?

Guest Anonymous

It gave me a whole new level of respect for the office I work in. No more will I complain of drafts, or that the floor hasn't been swept in the last hour. No more will I complain that the lighting sucks. My goodness -- I'd go buggy working under those conditions!! And the departments -- that sounded like a city hall!? Department of education, accounting, etc. Very "municipal" sounding departments.

We were talking at work today and wondered why the younger, stronger teams (Rombuh and Ron/Kelly) didn't do the coal option. It would be messy but fast. And it's not like they had to carry the 175 lbs. of coal on their backs, they would transport it in the special bikes.

That's true and, as I said somewhere else, many of the onlookers would have been only too happy to help them with the coal.

That is because the point of the detour is to pick the task which you think you could do the fastest. If I had been racing I would have picked the tea task also. Find five people and give them tea or pound on coal.....sign me up for the tea. I never understood why when they were in Africa and had the choice of filling the eggs with water or pounding the corn every team except Romber and the brothers decided to pound the corn....I would have been a straw sucking fool. But I guess that is me.

Anyways the point I am trying to make is obviously all the teams thought that they could do the tea task faster.

Guest XandraSkye
I think when people hear "175 lbs" they tend to freak. And since this is a race they don't really take the time to calmly weigh their choices.

And I am guessing as far as the tea things -- they were thinking with an American mindset. They get to the building and the lobby has a list of departments. Accounting Floor 1, HR Floor 2 etc. I am sure no one thought that it would be as much of a maze as it was.

What shocked me was that no one (on lockers or other teams) messed with the teapot. OOPPS it accidentally spilled out and now you have no tea to serve.